Talib Kweli

GHETTO-ESTRELLA said:
he didint gain any popularity his album went wood where is he now? sooner or later every 1 is gonna say talib who
Quality was an nice album...

Sooner or later..man cut the crap..You know he could gain more popularity by just making an album with mos or kanye...

So shut the fuck up ur bullshittin or just don't know...

one mc on dj said:
Quality was an nice album...

Sooner or later..man cut the crap..You know he could gain more popularity by just making an album with mos or kanye...

So shut the fuck up ur bullshittin or just don't know...
lol @ u sayin nice and not classic or tyte album just plain ol nice anyways hell never go platinum or gold so like i said talib who?

GHETTO-ESTRELLA said:
lol @ u sayin nice and not classic or tyte album just plain ol nice anyways hell never go platinum or gold so like i said talib who?
Nice= my words...I choose my words not you...so if I say it's nice it's nice cuz that's the what I think of albums that I like...Stillmatic= nice...and than I explain why I think it is nice...I don't make top 10's albums are either good or they are not..it's that simple...

LIke I said if Talib Kweli took the easy way..he would have sold an album that went platinum already...He made his first step fucked up in some eyes...but 4 real i mean...let him collaborate with kanye and promote it like it's kanye's album too...than...ya know what im saying...that's the easy way out...He could have done it already..he could have sold out like whoa...some say he fucked up on his last album maybe that's true but imagine what he COULD do !! I don't see it as that much of a problem.

Now I gotta go so if u reply expect a late reply from me..

one mc on dj said:
Nice= my words...I choose my words not you...so if I say it's nice it's nice cuz that's the what I think of albums that I like...Stillmatic= nice...and than I explain why I think it is nice...I don't make top 10's albums are either good or they are not..it's that simple...

LIke I said if Talib Kweli took the easy way..he would have sold an album that went platinum already...He made his first step fucked up in some eyes...but 4 real i mean...let him collaborate with kanye and promote it like it's kanye's album too...than...ya know what im saying...that's the easy way out...He could have done it already..he could have sold out like whoa...some say he fucked up on his last album maybe that's true but imagine what he COULD do !! I don't see it as that much of a problem.

Now I gotta go so if u reply expect a late reply from me..
talib whatever his whole rap name is doesent got what it takes to make a platinum album hes a boring rapper from ny ...no one carez what he has to say :eek:

GHETTO-ESTRELLA said:
talib whatever his whole rap name is doesent got what it takes to make a platinum album hes a boring rapper from ny ...no one carez what he has to say :eek:

i think he does have what it takes to go platinum, it is just radio rap fans like yourself have such a closed mind they won't give him a chance, but he has the talent to go plat. just because you hate on someone doesn't mean everyone will, opinion, you have heard of that before...right?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
GHETTO-ESTRELLA are you a 50 Cent fan? He makes platinum hits!!

You seem to know very little about hip-hop, you might want to stick to the Life forum, you're a bit out of your depth in here. Your definition of hit is wrong. What does a platinum album have to do with a hit single? Was Lean Back a hit single? Yes I think so. Was True Story a platinum album? Not as far as I can tell. 700,000 units.

Talib is refreshing and a great Mc, he's been around for years. If you're not a fan don't post. It won't show your ignorance.

Pittsey said:
GHETTO-ESTRELLA are you a 50 Cent fan? He makes platinum hits!!

You seem to know very little about hip-hop, you might want to stick to the Life forum, you're a bit out of your depth in here. Your definition of hit is wrong. What does a platinum album have to do with a hit single? Was Lean Back a hit single? Yes I think so. Was True Story a platinum album? Not as far as I can tell. 700,000 units.

Talib is refreshing and a great Mc, he's been around for years. If you're not a fan don't post. It won't show your ignorance.
i know more about hip hop then hip hop itself true story did 400 k
and az 50 said that fat n1gga thought lean back was in the club my shyt did 11 mill his shyt was a dub which meanz flop how can u consider sumthin a hit when they dont do over 500 k? theres plenty of more west coast rappers that coulda blown up if they had a video on mtv or bet but instead they give a lil air time 2 weak boring rappers like talib kweli

GHETTO-ESTRELLA said:
i know more about hip hop then hip hop itself true story did 400 k
and az 50 said that fat n1gga thought lean back was in the club my shyt did 11 mill his shyt was a dub which meanz flop how can u consider sumthin a hit when they dont do over 500 k? theres plenty of more west coast rappers that coulda blown up if they had a video on mtv or bet but instead they give a lil air time 2 weak boring rappers like talib kweli

Yo, I feel as if I have to respond in some way because Kweli is one of my favorite cats who got me into underground hip hop back a few years ago when he wasn't as big. And you're sittin here dissin him for what appears to be no reason at all. You just found this quote and felt that you had to post your opinion as if someone here would care.

The truth is, you aren't offering any supporting evidence for your statements, you're just sayin stupid shit like "Talib who" and "weak boring rappers like Talib Kweli," etc. In my opinion, Kweli is exactly the opposite of weak and boring because he deals with real issues in his rhymes such as oppression, freedom, history, intellect, social issues, etc. You seem to be reppin' 50 which is ridiculous considering where you're posting, as most people here are constantly rippin him apart. I don't really hate 50, but his music generally doesn't mean anything to me, it's just dope to bump in my car sometimes or whatever.

50 makes records to make money, and Kweli wants to make money too, no doubt, he got a family and all that shit, but he also wants his music to have meaning and for his fans to be able to appreciate the music and think about what he's got to say.

Finally (and I apologize for the length of this post), really come off as ignorant for a couple more reasons other than your pointless bashing of Kweli. Your grammar sucks and you incorrectly quoted Pac in your signature. I'm guessing you're quite a bit younger than me, but maybe not. If you are, when you hit college, or the age of a college student if you aren't going to college, give Kweli another spin. Smoke a fat blunt and really listen to the words. That shit changed my life when I was in college.

Peace

^ This is the way rap fans should think !! Kweli is one of my favorite Mc and people should take time to listen carefully to him. He needs respect.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.