T.I

roaches

but he has nothing going for him the rest of the verse. I don't see layers of meaning in something like "it's a blessing, to blow a hundred thou in a recession, with no second guessin" and so on
agreed.

With Pusha, you always expect him to come correct but when you see Kanye step his game up, you gotta appreciate that more man.
i can appreciate that kanye exceeded expectations but i'm gonna compare a verse to other verses on the same song when i decide who was better on a song.

this is a good thread.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
^I assume roaches' closing sentence meant to reiterate his point. If so, he was saying how pusha's added layers of meaning are better than Kanye's puns but then he agreed there were no double added layers of meaning in his next post. I just don't personally agree that the four lines with the biggie references are tighter than what Kanye said (the quote that roaches quoted as being the best in kanye's verse). You can't look at it technically because who says that a double layered meaning of a word is better than a pun or whatever (i'm getting lost in these proper phrases now)..it just gets down to your subjective ear as a listener as to what is doper. To me, what kanye said is doper.

but i get what you're saying, you're responding directly to what I said. Still, even if that stands, I still think think kanye came harder (pause) regardless of roaches' post.

Caesar

Staff member
I was replying directly to when you said "With Pusha, you always expect him to come correct but when you see Kanye step his game up, you gotta appreciate that more man."

Sorry I should have quoted it.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I know, that's why I said "you're responding directly to what I said." and then I said regardless, I think Kanye's verse was better.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.