summer songs

CoolWaterz said:
lol
sorry i find west coast music torture to the ears. If you guys actually had some good rappers post Death Rown heydey, maybe id listen.
:fury:
"I'm not understandin what's all the fuss
Hip-hop belongs to all of us
The East created it, the West decorated it
Learn the lesson, the unified picture is black expression"
DJ Muggs feat. KRS-One - Move Head

_carmi

me, myself & us
CoolWaterz said:
lol
sorry i find west coast music torture to the ears. If you guys actually had some good rappers post Death Rown heydey, maybe id listen.
you sure you listening to the good westcoast people?

Will

shade sheist wi nate dogg n kurupt- where i wanna be that there is a belting summer song that i havent seen ne one mention yet

no i got nothing against west coast rap...i just dont like it anymore..i cant feel the beats they all sound the same to me, i dont like the lyrics within the songs i just find em to be subpar its many rappers are still on that gangsta-rap tip from 15 years ago. Cant stand it. west coast rap was hot when it was hot..you need someone to carry the torch now becuase theres a reason why west coast was mainstream in the 90's, moreso than east coast, cause it was good. Likewise, noones innovating the west coast in 15 years which is why its just not mainstream anymore

DPG iz all I C

Will said:
shade sheist wi nate dogg n kurupt- where i wanna be that there is a belting summer song that i havent seen ne one mention yet
Good choice, i love chillin to that song.

also most of Kurupt - Streetz iz a Mutha is cool to chill to in the summer.

CoolWaterz said:
no i got nothing against west coast rap...i just dont like it anymore..i cant feel the beats they all sound the same to me, i dont like the lyrics within the songs i just find em to be subpar its many rappers are still on that gangsta-rap tip from 15 years ago. Cant stand it. west coast rap was hot when it was hot..you need someone to carry the torch now becuase theres a reason why west coast was mainstream in the 90's, moreso than east coast, cause it was good. Likewise, noones innovating the west coast in 15 years which is why its just not mainstream anymore
You sound like every other 'east coast fan' to me. Same arguments, same attitude. If you were stucked once to West Coast music you should be able to recognize all the tribulations that West went through in past 10 years. West Coast rap wasn't allowed to deliver what we really wanted to. Ignored by labels & media we were strucked but overcomed it by still making good music. That's why we are still here. I won't name all the producers and rappers that appeared in this period and which gave the West a new breath but I assure you that you can find plenty of them. All you need is to abandon ignorance and allow your ears to guide you...

twista N' tha speedknot mobstaz - Warm Embrace
dru down - Pimp of the Year
3x krazy - keep it on the real
mr capone-e feat. nate dogg - i like it
lil rob - summernights
south central cartel - all day, everyday
south central cartel - baby I Gee
south central cartel - gangsta luv (same beat as keep ya' head up)
lou e lou feat. woodie - late nite smobbin'
south central cartel - gangstas boogie
UGK - HiLife, the whole ridin' dirty CD
Trae from guerilla maabb - On The Southside
ESG - Swangin' N' Bangin', Smoke On
Play-n-Skillz - Freaks
Daz Dillinger feat. Too $hort - It Might Sound Crazy
Too Short - I'm A Player, Cocktales
T.W.D.Y. - Player's Holiday
Rappin' 4 Tay - Player's Club
Masta Ace INC. - The INC Ride
Snoop Dogg - Ain't No Fun

UK_Thug

the best summer track of all:

Above the Law - Sumner Days

(most places list it as Summer Days, but cd says sumner days)

most above the law tracks are good summer songs- after all, they created the west coast sound

SonOf2pac

i'ma bump this one back up...

masta ace - good ol' love
roscoe & kurupt - i love cali (in the summertime) O BOY!
souls of mischief - 93 til infinity
will smith - summertime *of course
lil' rob - summer nights
2pac - check out time *gotta throw in sum pac songs

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.