Sound Of Revenge is greater than...

Pittsey said:
Outside of the Underground you will not get many artists with depth. I like artists with depth, but I also listen to these albums and liked them. Sometimes I don't even listen to the words I'm just listening to the music. When I said "overly critical" maybe I meant that you're expecting too much from them. Not every album is going to say something profound and deep. Sometimes they're just there to get wrecked to or to dance to.

I agree, I'm tired of hearing about cars and that. But hip-hop has always been about boasting, it's just back in the 80's they could only boast about skills, because they didn't have the money. I still agree with you though.

I mix up my commercial easy listening albums with the better albums. If I didn't have candy albums people would never get in my car.
See thats the difference between me and you, i have to listen to the words, and if i dont like the words, then ta hell with it. Some songs get more of a chance depending on the strength of the beat. Im not looking for something profound and deep any of the time im looking for creativity and the artist seperating themselves from the pack of mainstream artists. It is so easy to pick out these artists. When a mainstream album is getting ready to be released, the listeners recieve the most radio friendly song off of the album, possible an attempt to make a catchy hook, or finally, they might try to make up a new dance for the club so they can sell money. Chamillionaire, lil wayne, Young Jeezy, each one of them uses the approaches i discussed early. I HATE these approaches because it is what EVERYONE is doing. They dont make an attempt to make a song outside the box of what is going to get radio airplay for the first single. if the artists makes it to a thrid single then we might hear a little something with a small percent of depth. When i see a video like Fireman, turn it up, and hear jeezy say dauumnnn, yeaaaaaaaaaa, and other corny gimmicks i shut them off imeadiately. because i know right off top, if they are trying to make an image like that, they will annoy the living shit out of me.

I smoke weed almost every single day, and i know the music to get wrecked to. its the same music as when im not high. because its just good music to me. i dont understand how people can get wrecked these songs or even wanna dance to them, but hey, what ever floats ur boat.

If you dont like what im listening to in my car, thats kool, but its my car.

ARon

Hightilldeath. Would you say you are overly critical of music?
I think that maybe if you forgot about who was making the music and just pressed play you might feel different of some music. Forget about the gimmicks or them tyrin to sell records, what is wrong with enjoying something just cus it sounds good. After readin through this it seems to me like you miss out on some good music just cus you are so one dimensional with what you prefer. Words can only do so much to make great music, why you think Ras Kass hasn't gone anywhere.

But I wouldn't say Sound of Revenge was better than the Carter, better than Jeezy' debut effort though. I like it.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I wasn't entirely serious with this thread. I was just trying to get some discussion going.

I prefer Wayne to Chamillionaire. But I liked all the albums. Jeezy's was the worst of those I listed.

Mayne...I think it goes Carter II, Sound of Revenge, Carter I, Lets Get it, Trill

But for real...Chamillionaire is lighting these tracks on fire...can't wait for the Ridin Dirty video ft. Krayzie Bone to be released..the just wrapped the shoot in Dallas on the 19th. I have been following his sales...he just broke 400,000 shipped over 600,000 - about to ship platinum...hopefully this new video will help push him over the hump..

anybody have any thoughts on Slim Thug's album Already Platinum?

Kadafi Son

txbarrebaby said:
Mayne...I think it goes Carter II, Sound of Revenge, Carter I, Lets Get it, Trill

But for real...Chamillionaire is lighting these tracks on fire...can't wait for the Ridin Dirty video ft. Krayzie Bone to be released..the just wrapped the shoot in Dallas on the 19th. I have been following his sales...he just broke 400,000 shipped over 600,000 - about to ship platinum...hopefully this new video will help push him over the hump..

anybody have any thoughts on Slim Thug's album Already Platinum?
Yeah that song with Krayzie Bone is probably the best song on the album. So is Southern Takeover. Chamillionare's flow is way better than a lot of these rapper's out now. He murders Young Jeezy and Paul Wall. He is album, I would give, is a 8/10. Rep 4 Cham

Aristotle said:
Hightilldeath. Would you say you are overly critical of music?
I think that maybe if you forgot about who was making the music and just pressed play you might feel different of some music. Forget about the gimmicks or them tyrin to sell records, what is wrong with enjoying something just cus it sounds good. After readin through this it seems to me like you miss out on some good music just cus you are so one dimensional with what you prefer. Words can only do so much to make great music, why you think Ras Kass hasn't gone anywhere.
I personally could care less to who is making the music, i just love good music. Shit i listen to Sam Cooke, Temptations, Billie Holiday, Days of the New, SevenDust, Tool, I listen to all sorts of things, people that i think are good.

I think you are missing the whole point. When ANYONE says, "Oh, shit this is some good music, i enjoy it." its an OPINION. And that opinion of is part of your persepective on the world and the numerous obsticles you have been through in your individual life.

I personally like to think i am an UNone dimensional person, but i can only express how i feel in words, which doesnt quite cut it sometimes. And i am horrible at trying to explain myself on certain topics.

But when i listened to the song by Chamillionaire called "The Rain" it just sounds so generic to me meaning, its way too damn broad. shit i just went to cduniverse.com and they have over 400 songs entitled "The Rain". Im not wanting exact details and exact this and that, i just want a little insight. Doesnt sound genuine to me.

Chamillionaire also raps with no afflection in his voice and he just plain bores the crap out of me. I enjoy people that are all over the scale and put some emotion in it. The song is called "the rain" and chamillionaire is monotone the entire song, guess it was only sprinkling.

I am one dimensonial on what i prefer, and all i prefer is genuine, good, music.

The words ARE the most important part, because if the artist has no craving to say anything i do not have the craving to listen.

And why bother with what in my opinion is mediocre music when there is great music out there?

I have the answer to ur Ras Kass question. His style doesn't appeal to the masses, he appeals to people like me, and judging from the responses in the room...

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
HiGhTillDeaTH said:
Chamillionaire also raps with no afflection in his voice and he just plain bores the crap out of me. I enjoy people that are all over the scale and put some emotion in it. The song is called "the rain" and chamillionaire is monotone the entire song, guess it was only sprinkling.

Gotta agree with that. He sure has a boring voice. With a bit of emotion he could have added layers to the songs.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.