Sound Of Revenge is greater than...

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Sound Of Revenge >>>>>>>>>> Tha Carter ( I and II), Trill, Let's Get it : Thug Motivation 101!!!!!

Am I wrong?

S. Fourteen

HiGhTillDeaTH said:
yes you are wrong pittsey sorry. There is no use comparing albums that can be lumped into one category: Steamy Poop.
Questions

1) Who do you listen to besides 2Pac and other former Death Row artists?
2) Have you even listened to the albums? And I don't mean skipping through the albums and listening for cool beats. Have you put effort into hearing everything?
3) When was the last time you had your hearing checked?

-------

Carter I > The Sound of Revenge. Hot album for sure.

saltynuts said:
Questions

1) Who do you listen to besides 2Pac and other former Death Row artists?
2) Have you even listened to the albums? And I don't mean skipping through the albums and listening for cool beats. Have you put effort into hearing everything?
3) When was the last time you had your hearing checked?

-------
Man u must have me confused for someone else. Let me just get into what i listen to so u will shut ur god damn mouth. I do listen to a lot of pac, big woop wanna fight about it.
I despise Lil wayne, i use to own "Tha block is Hot" but i sold it because it was pure garbage. His enitre catalog is garbage. I have heard all of his cds and i still feel the same exact way. I will never look any further into an artist after the release a single like fireman.

Ive been listening to UGK since before 96 sir. And when uve heard bun b flow for ten motherfucking years and then u hear his solo album, u will be hella pissed to. Bun is capable of so much more and we know that shit. He slowed his flow down, chose corny beats, and came up with catchy ryhmes anyone can predict.

Chamillionare is just plain wack(the way i feel about most southern rappers) I listened to like the first ten songs off his album and i was on the verge of suicide.

I am a big fan of outkast, UGK, Goodie Mob. and thats aobut it as far as the south goes.

But as far as you basically calling me out claiming that all i listen to pac well heres what i listen to in a given week: Rass Kas, Old Mobb Deep, Ed OG, Sam Cooke, Temtations, Wu Tang, Masta Ace, Cormeaga, AZ, Common, Devin The Dude (another southern rapper), Killarmy, Wu-syndicate, Luniz, Pete Rock & CL Smooth, Gangstarr, The Firm, Tool, Days of the New, Talib Kweli. And thats only the start.

Sorry i dont like these few artsits metioned. These artists are not doing anything different then i hear on the radio every day, so i dont feel the urge to research them any further. Shit as a matter of a fact, i dont really even like Kurupt and Daz that much because they dont have shit to say anymore. All tey do is spell their fucking names over and over.

I have over 500 cds with many more to come of various types of music, so slaty quit jamming all of this shit in your eyes.

Im sorry these albums are just to simple for my mind.
I like people that have something to say and dont use gimmicks. Enough said.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
HiGhTillDeaTH said:
Man u must have me confused for someone else. Let me just get into what i listen to so u will shut ur god damn mouth. I do listen to a lot of pac, big woop wanna fight about it.
I despise Lil wayne, i use to own "Tha block is Hot" but i sold it because it was pure garbage. His enitre catalog is garbage. I have heard all of his cds and i still feel the same exact way. I will never look any further into an artist after the release a single like fireman.

Ive been listening to UGK since before 96 sir. And when uve heard bun b flow for ten motherfucking years and then u hear his solo album, u will be hella pissed to. Bun is capable of so much more and we know that shit. He slowed his flow down, chose corny beats, and came up with catchy ryhmes anyone can predict.

Chamillionare is just plain wack(the way i feel about most southern rappers) I listened to like the first ten songs off his album and i was on the verge of suicide.

I am a big fan of outkast, UGK, Goodie Mob. and thats aobut it as far as the south goes.

But as far as you basically calling me out claiming that all i listen to pac well heres what i listen to in a given week: Rass Kas, Old Mobb Deep, Ed OG, Sam Cooke, Temtations, Wu Tang, Masta Ace, Cormeaga, AZ, Common, Devin The Dude (another southern rapper), Killarmy, Wu-syndicate, Luniz, Pete Rock & CL Smooth, Gangstarr, The Firm, Tool, Days of the New, Talib Kweli. And thats only the start.

Sorry i dont like these few artsits metioned. These artists are not doing anything different then i hear on the radio every day, so i dont feel the urge to research them any further. Shit as a matter of a fact, i dont really even like Kurupt and Daz that much because they dont have shit to say anymore. All tey do is spell their fucking names over and over.

I have over 500 cds with many more to come of various types of music, so slaty quit jamming all of this shit in your eyes.

Im sorry these albums are just to simple for my mind.

Can you fight over the net?

It seems Salty touched a nerve. Still doesn't take from the fact I like the albums I named and that they are in fact decent albums. Whether it is Bun B at his best or not is irrelevent, it isn't "wack".

I also asked whether SOR was greater than the others. Saying you like none of them isn't really an answer to the question I asked.

I have over 501 cd's. :)

Pittsey said:
Can you fight over the net?
The only reason i said that is because there is a caddy master on Family Guy that says it after almost everything he says. I have since adopted it into my vocab because it makes me laugh. I honsetly was not trying to be serious about that.

Salty definatly touched a nerve of mine, might even be my biggest pet peeve. Dude has never even talked to me, but yet he feels he can predict how i really am, fuck that, i dont put up with that. Prob because ive delt with something similar for my entire life. but thats another story for another day.

Yes, i did answer the question you asked, the way i wanted to.

I dont believe these are decent albums, they are all the same album, just different rappers, is that physically possible?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
HiGhTillDeaTH said:
The only reason i said that is because there is a caddy master on Family Guy that says it after almost everything he says. I have since adopted it into my vocab because it makes me laugh. I honsetly was not trying to be serious about that.

Salty definatly touched a nerve of mine, might even be my biggest pet peeve. Dude has never even talked to me, but yet he feels he can predict how i really am, fuck that, i dont put up with that. Prob because ive delt with something similar for my entire life. but thats another story for another day.

Yes, i did answer the question you asked, the way i wanted to.

I dont believe these are decent albums, they are all the same album, just different rappers, is that physically possible?

I still quite like them. I play them while I'm in the shower. And I think Wayne is talented, Chamillionaire has a good flow but I haven't decided on the rest, Bun was still nice even dumbed down and Jeezy is grimey.
They are not classics, obviously. But solid albums by todays mainstream standard.

I understand what you are saying. But I think you're being overly critical of them. I see why you are pissed off with Bun though.

Pittsey said:
I still quite like them. I play them while I'm in the shower. And I think Wayne is talented, Chamillionaire has a good flow but I haven't decided on the rest, Bun was still nice even dumbed down and Jeezy is grimey.
They are not classics, obviously. But solid albums by todays mainstream standard.

I understand what you are saying. But I think you're being overly critical of them. I see why you are pissed off with Bun though.
I dont think i am being over critical of these albums, they just are not my style. These artists have nothing to say, let me put it another way, nothing i want to hear. Im tired of candy coated cars, hoes, and club bangers.

I dont give a shit if Jeezy is grimey, that doesnt make him a good rapper. Theres a million motherfuckers out there as grimey or even 10x grimeyier. But how grimey is jeezy? I dont care.

I stay away from what mainstream excepts, i listen with open ears, to anything music wise. I just look for good music with depth. And these artists just dont cut it.

Salty i appreciate you trying to further expose me to Chamillionaire but i just plain dont like him. Hes not exciting, he says what ive already heard on other southern records. What he says, to me, is generic. Meaning its too vauge, its not explicit details. I love being taking on a journey thorought a song but these selected tracks dont grab my attention. hes monotone and boring to me. I dont like his voice either.

To show the type of music that captures all the emotions of my body look at the following tracks:
1.Hollow Bones (ghost's verse Ecspeically)
2.I can't go to sleep. Both songs off the W
3. Ghostface- Child's play

These songs are a better representation of what i personally enjoy, the most

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
HiGhTillDeaTH said:
I dont think i am being over critical of these albums, they just are not my style. These artists have nothing to say, let me put it another way, nothing i want to hear. Im tired of candy coated cars, hoes, and club bangers.

I dont give a shit if Jeezy is grimey, that doesnt make him a good rapper. Theres a million motherfuckers out there as grimey or even 10x grimeyier. But how grimey is jeezy? I dont care.

I stay away from what mainstream excepts, i listen with open ears, to anything music wise. I just look for good music with depth. And these artists just dont cut it.

Outside of the Underground you will not get many artists with depth. I like artists with depth, but I also listen to these albums and liked them. Sometimes I don't even listen to the words I'm just listening to the music. When I said "overly critical" maybe I meant that you're expecting too much from them. Not every album is going to say something profound and deep. Sometimes they're just there to get wrecked to or to dance to.

I agree, I'm tired of hearing about cars and that. But hip-hop has always been about boasting, it's just back in the 80's they could only boast about skills, because they didn't have the money. I still agree with you though.

I mix up my commercial easy listening albums with the better albums. If I didn't have candy albums people would never get in my car.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.