Snoop Wants To Help Suge

Snoop Says He Wants To Lend Suge Knight A Helping Hand
05.23.2005 7:10 PM EDT

Rapper buried beef with former boss at unity conference last month.
Snoop Dogg (file)
Photo: Scott Gries/Getty Images

Just like the title of his latest single, "Ups & Downs," so goes the saga of Snoop Dogg and Suge Knight.

As Tha Row's number one artist in the early and mid-'90s, Snoop anchored Suge's empire. Since the Dogg parted ways with Suge, though,

"I feel like I can help him like he helped me. It's just a matter of us trying to come together and me looking at the situation." — Snoop Dogg

the relationship between the two has been nasty (see "Snoop Calls Suge Knight A Bitch On Upcoming Album"). They've dissed each other countless times in public, and they even almost locked horns at the BET Awards once during an untelevised standoff between their crews.

The Dogg, however, says he's older and wiser and that he's done beefing with the man he once threatened to slap with his pimp hand. Last month Snoop organized a summit for West Coast artists called the Protect the West Conference, and the agenda for attendees such as the Game, Mack 10, Daz and Kurupt was squashing beef (see "Snoop Dogg Holds Summit To Squash Beefs, Unify West Coast"). Snoop decided it was the best place to set aside his differences with his former boss.

"Suge didn't show up," he said, "but you know, as far as we're both concerned, we don't have no problems with each other no more. We're just trying to move forward because he's trying to do business. They're trying to take him out the game, and I don't want to see him go out of the game like that because I've got love for him. He gave me opportunity when nobody else would. I'm a grown man now, so I've learned to forgive people for what they've done, for what they know not."

Snoop speaks so highly of Suge, some sort of collaboration between the two doesn't seem like as much of a pipe dream as it did even three months ago.

"I feel like I can help him like he helped me," Snoop continued. "It's just a matter of us trying to come together and me looking at the situation. You know, when you see a brother down, do you kick him or do you give him a hand? I was taught to give him a hand. So I'm just trying to help. I don't have any problem with Suge Knight, Death Row Records, more power to them. I wish them success and luck."

A spokesperson for Suge Knight could not be reached for comment.

Another huge reconciliation to come out of the summit was Kurupt rejoining the Dogg Pound Gangsta Clique. Kurupt has been on the How the West Was One Tour with his homies Snoop, Daz and Soopafly (see "Snoop And Game Beef Up Their How The West Was One Tour"), and the entire collective has been recording a full DPGC album.

"It was crazy the first couple of nights," Snoop said, "but the first song that we actually laid down, Kurupt was so hard on the song, man, he was so vicious with the verse, I didn't even want to rap on it. I was like, 'I can't match him.' He came back, his blade was so sharp. It touched me in the heart to hear him like that because I could just tell he was holding back, like, 'I gotta say this but I don't have the right scenario.' It was just a great uplifting for us to put him back into the building with us. And it helped us. Now we're on the road, we're traveling, we're doing some of that classic DPG music onstage. Just to see us all up there smiling, having a good time, interacting is beautiful."

The DPGC are about seven songs into the album, and Snoop said to also look for Nate Dogg and Warren G on the album. Snoop wants to put his latest group project out later this year but has not settled on a label yet.
good news

Not only do I not buy this shit, but I don't get it either.

You know, it's really quite funny. Everytime I tell people "yeah, I don't like Snoop anymore because he fell off" they ask me why he fell off? So I explain...

Doggystyle is Snoop's ONLY ALBUM that ranks in with 4 mics or more. Listeners could sense the Dogg was falling off on a very sub-par "Tha Doggfather", which showcased many good songs, but the beats weren't as good (they weren't bad, but they weren't Doggystyle material).

On top of that, dude can't even make up his mind as to what he as a person is. One minute he's "crippin through LA" with "a blue flag in the leftside, yeah that's the crip side", and the next he's a "family man who doesn't mess with drugs or gangs or any of that (probably a lie). On top of that, he's made it almost his life's obsession since parting from Tha Row to diss Suge every chance he got, downtalk him like crazy. Snoop's hatred for Suge in the past 5 years has gotten so intense that he's putting out diss tracks on Suge, someone who isn't even a rapper like "Pimp Slapp'd".

Now he suddenly wants to make up with Suge? Snoop is a fucking idiot and I don't know what kind of stunt this is, but man, shit like this, actions like this that Snoop does are the things that make him just look like a complete fool. This dude has no loyalty. He don't give a fuck about anyone but him.

I hope Snoop burns in hell and Suge pops him.

i'd like to see tha row come back... lol... i'd like to see snoop back with tha row, as those were his best times as an artist... but its highly unlikely...

freshprince said:
You know, it's really quite funny. Everytime I tell people "yeah, I don't like Snoop anymore because he fell off" they ask me why he fell off? So I explain...

Doggystyle is Snoop's ONLY ALBUM that ranks in with 4 mics or more. Listeners could sense the Dogg was falling off on a very sub-par "Tha Doggfather", which showcased many good songs, but the beats weren't as good (they weren't bad, but they weren't Doggystyle material).

On top of that, dude can't even make up his mind as to what he as a person is. One minute he's "crippin through LA" with "a blue flag in the leftside, yeah that's the crip side", and the next he's a "family man who doesn't mess with drugs or gangs or any of that (probably a lie). On top of that, he's made it almost his life's obsession since parting from Tha Row to diss Suge every chance he got, downtalk him like crazy. Snoop's hatred for Suge in the past 5 years has gotten so intense that he's putting out diss tracks on Suge, someone who isn't even a rapper like "Pimp Slapp'd".

Now he suddenly wants to make up with Suge? Snoop is a fucking idiot and I don't know what kind of stunt this is, but man, shit like this, actions like this that Snoop does are the things that make him just look like a complete fool. This dude has no loyalty. He don't give a fuck about anyone but him.

I hope Snoop burns in hell and Suge pops him.
You know whats even funnier?

On every Snoop Dogg thread (no matter what its about), somebody ALWAYS pops up with some off-topic rant about how Snoop fell off, Doggstyle was his only good album, how he sold out this, how he's a fake gangsta that, blah, blah, blah.

Get the hell over it.

Mark Deez: i'd like to see tha row come back... lol... i'd like to see snoop back with tha row, as those were his best times as an artist... but its highly unlikely...
Why? It's not like Tha Row is even remotely what it was 10 years ago. Suge hasn't released a single album other than recycled 2pac shit for a while. The producers who were there to make the music hot 10 years ago are not there anymore.

I mean, a big reason why Death Row was so great and such a powerhouse for like 5 years in the 90's was because they had so many truly legendary and artistic people around at the time that nothing less than greatness could come out of any product back then.

I mean, really, look who was on Tha Row from 1991-1996. You had people who are now some of the most legendary players in rap. Snoop Doggy Dogg, Dr. Dre, Kurupt, Daz, 2pac, QD3, Johnny J, Hurt M. Badd, Nate Dogg (the best hook PERSON in the business), DJ Quick, Devante, Big Syke, Warren G. (true he was never officially signed but Dre said himself that Warren was around DR all the time and even helped produce a lot of songs on albums including some 2pac and Snoop shit that nobody gave him credit for.

So, you HAD all those future legends (now they are legends), and when you have that many talented spitters and producers in one place, greatness will come naturally.

DR isn't even a tenth of what it was 10 years ago. For ANYONE to go to Tha Row would be a stupid move.

Oh, yeah...and Snoop's a fucking idiot. Dude actually wants to make amends? Did he forget he's dealing wih Suge Knight? I mean, he's only known to be the most ruthless music business man that anyone can think of. Here's even a list of some of what I think are Suge's most classic lies:

"Yeah, I got shot in the back of the head. Matter of fact, the bullet is still in there (that's a proven lie. Not only was he only cut on the back of the head by broken glass, but obviously the bullet is still not lodged inside."

"There was a time in the studio that Pac was upset with Snoop and they were going back and forth. Both of 'em were getting real anxious and it was almost like one was waiting for the bait from the other. Finally, Pac got so mad, he just decked Snoop square in the face and Snoop, that dude just fell to the floor and started crying."

-Claimed Pac recorded a third "Hit Em Up" that targets Snoop, which is a song that not only have I NEVER heard of, nor has anyone I know.

Crunkadelic said:
You know whats even funnier?

On every Snoop Dogg thread (no matter what its about), somebody ALWAYS pops up with some off-topic rant about how Snoop fell off, Doggstyle was his only good album, how he sold out this, how he's a fake gangsta that, blah, blah, blah.

Get the hell over it.
Sounds like we have a die hard Snoop fan here.

I don't bring up Snoop selling out or falling off just to bring it up. IMO, it's relevant to the topic at hand, whether or not Snoop wants to squash the beef with Suge. So, how is whether or not Snoop has fallen an "off topic" subject in a thread discussin his "wishes" to reunite with Suge?

And, for your information, let's get some things straight here so you know where I'm coming from. Because it seems to me you're talkin' shit to me and you don't even know me...So, let me drop some knowledge flakes on your brain:

Snoop WAS my all time favorite rapper. From the very first time that my best friend picked up The Chronic in the summer of '92, Snoop was the shit. I loved the hell out of him. To me, he was the end all and be all. Everything he did was sweet as hell, and as for Doggystyle, well...how often does ANY musical artist get a major deal and drop a classic album on his first effort? Not man, but Snoop did it.

Second of all, I didn't say Doggystyle was his only good record. It is his best record, BY FAR, but not the only good one. "Tha Doggfather" was pretty good. It had a few tracks that were very skippable, but only like 2 or 3. However, it was obvious on this album that Snoop had already started changing some things because while Doggystyle is a 5 mic album, Tha Doggfather is 3 mics at best. Also, Tha Last Meal is kinda ok too. Nothing at all compared to the greatness that is Doggystyle, but it is at best, about a 3- 3.5 mics, the problem is, Tha Last Meal has the same problem that Encore has. Half the album is poppin, the other half is complete shit.

However, other than those three albums, the rest of Snoop's stuff has completely sucked. He has fallen off and he has sold out. You told me to "get the hell over it". Maybe you should just stop being better that your hero is nothing that he used to be. He IS a fake (like I said, one minute he's crippin', the next he's a family man. One minute he's gonna pimp slap Suge, the next he wants to make amends.

Oh, yeah, and you tell me how many rappers talk in songs about smokin' weed, fucking groupie bitches, moving drugs, being a member of the Rollin' 20 Crips, and then you turn around and one second he's in a fucking laundry commerical. That's God damn pathetic. Snoop doing a fucking laundry commercial?

Please. Snoop IS everything you mentioned above, he's a sell out, he's a fake, he's fallen off, he's only had 3 decent albums in his career and only one album that has a ton of replay value.

What it truly comes down to is...Snoop, while he is a legend, is also given a lot more props than he deserves.

Now...you deal with that and get over it.

jerzeymobfan said:
bow wow wow yippee yo yippee yyaaay suge doesnt need snoops help man...tell snoop to buy back all his master from suge first then talk..
Dude...Suge is bigger dunce than Snoop is.

Suge needs a lot of things right now, and help getting his record label re-established is at the top of the list if he wants to make money.

Oh, wait...that's right, when you're running drugs through your record label, affiliated with money laundering, when you have bought off cops and DA's and judges and all the other things Suge has been involved with, you don't need money.

freshprince, he clearly states that he has learned to forgive people so i dont see whats so wrong with him trying to turn all the hatred into love

Leech316 said:
freshprince, he clearly states that he has learned to forgive people so i dont see whats so wrong with him trying to turn all the hatred into love
So what? Who cares about what he said? Do you not realize that Suge had a drive by ordered on Snoop, and it was pulled off a couple years ago, but luckily nobody at Snoops house was hurt. Now, I don't know about you, but when someone has tried to end my life, if they've had me shot at, reconciliation is not even a possibility.

Snoop is a piece of shit. Seriously. He contradicts himself more than Bill Clinton did during the Lewinsky scandal.

Snoop is a bitch, that's all there is to it. Such a shame too because he gave us one of the most legendary rap albums in history, and probably one of the Top 5 rap albums EVER. Shit, I still bump Doggystyle on a weekly basis.

Either way, bottom line is that Snoop is a con man, and he'll do whatever he needs to stay paid, which is NOT honorable.

Seeing what Snoop has morphed into, the type of person he has become, or at least comes off as, it's no wonder now that he and Pac were beefing when Pac was killed. I remember reading an interview where Snoop said that right after the 96 MTV Music Awards, Snoop got on the radio, Hot 97 with Angie Martinez and told her he'd "really like to work with them niggaz" (<- "them niggaz" is him referring to Biggie, Puff, Mob Deep and the other several rappers that 2pac is better than).

Now, think about that. Snoop at the time is saying Pac and him are best friends. I even remember the interview Pac and Snoop did together right before Snoop's interview. They asked Snoop why he thought he and Pac were so good together as a duo. Snoop responded by saying basically that Snoop took care of the business end of things while Pac brought a lot of the creativity..

Then, Snoop, a man who's said himself that he was Pac's best friend, goes on a radio station in enemy territory and says he wouldn't have a problem doing a song with his supposed best friends worst enemies.

On top of that, Snoop says "on the way back to LA, Pac and his guys wouldn't even let me bring my bodyguards. They had to get a commercial flight back." Snoop, in the same interview says "when we got back to LA, things were real weird. We got off the planes and my car was parked just 3 spaces away from Pac's. The whole ride home nobody said a word to me. Not even Pac. He wouldn't look at me, wouldn't speak to me...I just figured he was stressed out and didn't feel like talking. So, we're in LA leaving the airport to go to our own houses, and I said to Pac 'ay homie, you going to Vegas?' His only response was, he shot me this real stank look, like if looks could kill, I'd be dead, turned back around, jumped in his Rolls and took off. That was the last time I'd ever see him alive".

Snoop makes me fuckin' sick anymore.

Kareem

how many times now has Snoop said he has no problem with Suge an then a lil while later he's back at it again? fuck snoop, duke fell off along time ago.

freshprince said:
Do you not realize that Suge had a drive by ordered on Snoop, and it was pulled off a couple years ago, but luckily nobody at Snoops house was hurt.
So its Fact that Suge ordered a driveby? :rolleyes:

freshprince said:
Sounds like we have a die hard Snoop fan here.

I don't bring up Snoop selling out or falling off just to bring it up. IMO, it's relevant to the topic at hand, whether or not Snoop wants to squash the beef with Suge. So, how is whether or not Snoop has fallen an "off topic" subject in a thread discussin his "wishes" to reunite with Suge?

And, for your information, let's get some things straight here so you know where I'm coming from. Because it seems to me you're talkin' shit to me and you don't even know me...So, let me drop some knowledge flakes on your brain:

Snoop WAS my all time favorite rapper. From the very first time that my best friend picked up The Chronic in the summer of '92, Snoop was the shit. I loved the hell out of him. To me, he was the end all and be all. Everything he did was sweet as hell, and as for Doggystyle, well...how often does ANY musical artist get a major deal and drop a classic album on his first effort? Not man, but Snoop did it.

Second of all, I didn't say Doggystyle was his only good record. It is his best record, BY FAR, but not the only good one. "Tha Doggfather" was pretty good. It had a few tracks that were very skippable, but only like 2 or 3. However, it was obvious on this album that Snoop had already started changing some things because while Doggystyle is a 5 mic album, Tha Doggfather is 3 mics at best. Also, Tha Last Meal is kinda ok too. Nothing at all compared to the greatness that is Doggystyle, but it is at best, about a 3- 3.5 mics, the problem is, Tha Last Meal has the same problem that Encore has. Half the album is poppin, the other half is complete shit.

However, other than those three albums, the rest of Snoop's stuff has completely sucked. He has fallen off and he has sold out. You told me to "get the hell over it". Maybe you should just stop being better that your hero is nothing that he used to be. He IS a fake (like I said, one minute he's crippin', the next he's a family man. One minute he's gonna pimp slap Suge, the next he wants to make amends.

Oh, yeah, and you tell me how many rappers talk in songs about smokin' weed, fucking groupie bitches, moving drugs, being a member of the Rollin' 20 Crips, and then you turn around and one second he's in a fucking laundry commerical. That's God damn pathetic. Snoop doing a fucking laundry commercial?

Please. Snoop IS everything you mentioned above, he's a sell out, he's a fake, he's fallen off, he's only had 3 decent albums in his career and only one album that has a ton of replay value.

What it truly comes down to is...Snoop, while he is a legend, is also given a lot more props than he deserves.

Now...you deal with that and get over it.
Man, you've got it all twisted. I like Snoop, but I ain't no die-hard fan. If anything, you sound like a die-hard hater.

I wasnt even gettin at disrespectfully you like that, I was just sayin how everytime there's a thread about Snoop, no matter what its about, (either its him being in a new movie, squashing beef or saving money on his insurance, etc.), somebody always wants to use that as their opportunity to express their negative feelings about Snoop. I wasn't talkin about you personally, I was talkin muthafuckas in general. But this thread particular is just another one of them.

But look, the topic of this thread has NOTHING to with how you think Doggystyle was his only good album, how you think he feel he's a sell out or how he fell off, or about your dislike for Snoop effects your daily life and how you eat, etc. etc.

But WTF is wrong with you, man? Snoop is trying to do something real positive for a change, squashing beef and bringing back a whole coast...and that doesn't make you satisfied? You're not giving him any props? All you can do is think about why dont like him. This has nothing to do with all that bullshit your ranting about. You should've just made your own little thread cause you aint contributing nothing to this one. Why did you bother posting to being with?

freshprince said:
So what? Who cares about what he said? Do you not realize that Suge had a drive by ordered on Snoop, and it was pulled off a couple years ago, but luckily nobody at Snoops house was hurt.
I believe you're talkin about the same driveby that Daz himself said (via audio drop on dpgrecordz.com homepage) that Suge had NOTHING to do with.

Man, you've got it all twisted. I like Snoop, but I ain't no die-hard fan. If anything, you sound like a die-hard hater.
Not at all man. Like I said, from 91-98 or so, Snoop was my all time favorite. Matter of fact, when he first started selling out, I refused to admit it. I didn't admit he sold out and fell off till about 2 years after he did.

I wasnt even gettin at disrespectfully you like that, I was just sayin how everytime there's a thread about Snoop, no matter what its about, (either its him being in a new movie, squashing beef or saving money on his insurance, etc.), somebody always wants to use that as their opportunity to express their negative feelings about Snoop. I wasn't talkin about you personally, I was talkin muthafuckas in general. But this thread particular is just another one of them.
Fair enough. But consider this. Maybe so many people say it in threads because it's true.

I just thank God I never have to worry about Pac selling out.

But look, the topic of this thread has NOTHING to with how you think Doggystyle was his only good album, how you think he feel he's a sell out or how he fell off, or about your dislike for Snoop effects your daily life and how you eat, etc. etc.
I don't even understand 3/4 of this paragraph.

But WTF is wrong with you, man? Snoop is trying to do something real positive for a change, squashing beef and bringing back a whole coast...and that doesn't make you satisfied?
It ain't about beef man. It's about Snoop being a bitch. LOL, you think Suge gonna take that man into his office and eat birthday cake with him. Pfff..

You're not giving him any props?
I don't give props to people I don't respect. Snoop lost my respect years ago.

All you can do is think about why dont like him. This has nothing to do with all that bullshit your ranting about. You should've just made your own little thread cause you aint contributing nothing to this one. Why did you bother posting to being with
I did make my own thread, and a few people have agreed with me on this one.

You wanna ride Snoop's dick, cool with me. I won't be there for the ride though.

I believe you're talkin about the same driveby that Daz himself said (via audio drop on dpgrecordz.com homepage) that Suge had NOTHING to do with.
So Daz defended Suge, your point? Cuz Daz said so it's true? What Daz says dont mean shit.

k im not really sure about the drive by or i dont even really know too much about snoop suge issues...all i know is things got pretty intense and in my opinion trying to forgive someone that youve been fighting for years is not easy and i think it takes a lot of courage and thinking to say that he wishes suge good luck and will be glad to help him and say he forgives suge.

now of course i dont know if hes lying or sayin the truth but im assuming its the truth

cause whats in for snoop if he lies? more shit for internet readers to flame him with? for publicity so he can sell more records? to look like an angel? he has no reason to bullshit the fans about this kinda stuff

and pac and snoop beef? dont think that ever took place...well it did but it wasnt really a "beef" but more of like friends conflict...from what ive heard

and really this isnt directed just at you but anyone who hates snoop cause hes "changed" so much, what type of man is he now? im not sayin he hasnt changed but why are you flaming him for that? do you have the right to call him a bitch cause hes changed his style of music? is there a rule that says once you rap about gangsta shit and crip shit then you cant turn to pop/hip hop? if you were once a gangsta rapper you cant turn into a chillin pimp? so a gangsta rapper cant change his persona? please explain to me why hes such a sell out/bitch/piece of shit

and um...the last hting you said about snoop talkign about pac before his death....whats wrong with him saying that? is there a behind meaning to what he said? did he disrespect pac in any way?

freshprince said:
Fair enough. But consider this. Maybe so many people say it in threads because it's true.

I just thank God I never have to worry about Pac selling out.

It ain't about beef man. It's about Snoop being a bitch. LOL, you think Suge gonna take that man into his office and eat birthday cake with him. Pfff..

I don't give props to people I don't respect. Snoop lost my respect years ago.

I did make my own thread, and a few people have agreed with me on this one.

You wanna ride Snoop's dick, cool with me. I won't be there for the ride though.

So Daz defended Suge, your point? Cuz Daz said so it's true? What Daz says dont mean shit.
I ain't riding Snoop's dick and I don't see how you get that idea. Maybe you're just sayin that cause you're upset now. Dont try to say ain't either, I know you are.

But anyway, you talkin about Suge ordered a driveby on Snoop, and I let you know that Daz confirmed it wasn't ordered by Suge (btw, Daz wasn't "defending" Suge, he was making sure that Suge tryna get any cred for it), now you're questioning why I would believe Daz. Okay, who should I believe? Daz (someone who's more legit) or you (just some fool on internet of all people). Since when did you become a more reliable source than someone's who's acutally in Snoop's camp?

And yeah, I saw your other thread, which was really gay cause you were ALL ON MY DICK over there. But I was saying, you should've just made your own thread in the first place instead of posting.

But once again, this topic aint about you losing your respect for Snoop. In fact, nobody gives a fuck what you think. Most of the shit you're talkin about is irrelevant anyway.

I don't even understand 3/4 of this paragraph.
Thats probably because you dont know how to read...which would further explain why you would bitch about something that aint got nothing to do with the topic.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.