Show some love for Big L Corleone!!!!

Casey

Staff member
Big L = one of the illest ever!

What's ya favorite Big L joint? I think he's one of those cats for sure that his freestyles outshone his actual songs, but he dropped a few gems for sure.

Love this track:

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZRxIIYAopQg[/YOUTUBE]

Street Struck is another dope one, Put It On is a classic, of course Ebonics, Thick (off the DITC album)...Devil's Son....man dude had mad joints.

Give it up!!!! RIP Big L!!!

7 Syns

I do. I bump his ish on the regular and own freestyle tapes, vinyls and a fuzz load of mp3s. Plus his lp is dope as is The Big Picture.

peac3.

ARon

I swear to god Imma flip if I read another person cry/complain about the music today compared to back then, that shit does not make you look cool or make you seem like you know what you're talkin about.I don't care if you aren't tryin to look cool or whatever, the shit is annoying. I once saw a picture of an Inidian crying and his tears were creating rivers. Your tears are helpin the flow of these new rappers, keep it up I guess.

Besides that bullshit

I think he's one of those cats for sure that his freestyles outshone his actual songs, but he dropped a few gems for sure.

His freestyles pretty much were his actual songs, lol, still love his music though. I think my favorite song of "his" is Work Pt. 2 with of course Gang Starr.

On a side note, who do you think is the better rapper out the D.I.T.C., Big L or O.C..

masta247

Staff member
I swear to god Imma flip if I read another person cry/complain about the music today compared to back then, that shit does not make you look cool or make you seem like you know what you're talkin about.I don't care if you aren't tryin to look cool or whatever, the shit is annoying
I said "IMO". I don't enjoy listening to new hip-hop releases, after listening to online hip-hop radio which plays "new hip-hop" for 2 hours bumpin this Big L song was like salvation. Maybe that even made me write a statement that this song> whole hip-hop today. It's not my fault I'm into 90s rap. I try searching for good productions coming out, sometimes I find something from wu-tang clan, nas etc. but that's because they don't change their style that much. So it's not complaining about the music today but stating my opinion about how much hip-hop in 90s was better than it is today with all those new artists.

Casey

Staff member
I swear to god Imma flip if I read another person cry/complain about the music today compared to back then, that shit does not make you look cool or make you seem like you know what you're talkin about.I don't care if you aren't tryin to look cool or whatever, the shit is annoying. I once saw a picture of an Inidian crying and his tears were creating rivers. Your tears are helpin the flow of these new rappers, keep it up I guess.

Besides that bullshit

His freestyles pretty much were his actual songs, lol, still love his music though. I think my favorite song of "his" is Work Pt. 2 with of course Gang Starr.

On a side note, who do you think is the better rapper out the D.I.T.C., Big L or O.C..

i can see where masta is coming from to be fair.

and i know what you mean about his freestyles were his songs, lol, but that wasn't always the case. he dropped concept songs as well, like "casualties of a dice game", "ebonics", "the heist", and so on.

7 syns do you have "devils son" on vinyl? i got a 12" of Big L instrumentals that I copped from Fat Beats in LA, shit is dope.

Been listening to 'Work Is Never Done' a lot lately, a Big L cut with the Nots Click.

I'd strongly recommend it.. along with 'Larger Than Life' by Nots Click as a side note.

Sorry ARon I don't believe in 'then' and 'now' hip hop; using time as a measure of quality...I just simplify it down to 'hot' and 'fucking whack'.

Big L is the former. It's a shame that the hip hop that most people hear, including those who don't even like the genre to begin with, are exposed to the latter.

Bobby Sands

He was a great lyricist.Lifestylez ov da Poor and Dangerous is a good album.The Big Picture was decent as well.He died too young.He had great potential.the manner in which he was killed makes me very angry.

I guess my favourite Big L songs wood be Put It On, Let Em Have It L, Flamboyant, Holdin it Down, Ebonics, Fall Back with Kool G Rap, Platinum Plus with Big Daddy Kane, Deadly Combination with 2Pac, Da Graveyard, Danger Zone and Furious Anger with Shyheim(great track).

I thought there was a new album coming out.?What became of this?

Preach

it's funny, the alchemist did a remix of "put it on" but it's off-beat. after having had listened to that track for a couple of years, one day out of the blue i thought, "hey, what if there's an instrumental to this track available?" there really aren't many big l instrumentals available at all, but lo and behold, i found it lol. i think it's a hot beat but this has nothing to do with big l really. just a random though.

the first song from big l i ever heard was the '98 freestyle. two verses over a lord finesse beat. i immediately became a fan and have been ever since. another song with big l i think is really nice is the collabo he did with shyheim, "furious anger" off of shyheim's "manchild" i think.

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
^^ No I wouldn't buy his albums, not into him enough unless I got a good deal on them. If I liked him as much as 2Pac I would have tho..

^^ No I wouldn't buy his albums, not into him enough unless I got a good deal on them. If I liked him as much as 2Pac I would have tho..

i mean this in the nicest way possible... stop swinging from tupacs nuts... :laugh: that was actually a funny sight, sorry....

sure you might like him, but you remind me alot of those emo kids that wear the same emo band t-shirt everyday.... expand yourself a little.. how have you not heard any big l? seems like you havent even heard OF him.... leave pac alone for a bit... the shit that came out after his passing is whack compared to what all was released of big l when he died... what he had when he was alive was even better...

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
i mean this in the nicest way possible... stop swinging from tupacs nuts... :laugh: that was actually a funny sight, sorry....

sure you might like him, but you remind me alot of those emo kids that wear the same emo band t-shirt everyday.... expand yourself a little.. how have you not heard any big l? seems like you havent even heard OF him.... leave pac alone for a bit... the shit that came out after his passing is whack compared to what all was released of big l when he died... what he had when he was alive was even better...
i used to listen to alot of different kinds of rap music before...but it wasnt for me because its not something that sounded that great to listen to everyday....but when i started listening to pac alot i knew this is the music thats the best..so thats how i know...i dont even listen to rap so much besides the stuff on the radio and songs that are given to me....but thats pretty much it for rap

i used to listen to alot of different kinds of rap music before...but it wasnt for me because its not something that sounded that great to listen to everyday....but when i started listening to pac alot i knew this is the music thats the best..so thats how i know...i dont even listen to rap so much besides the stuff on the radio and songs that are given to me....but thats pretty much it for rap
it might be nice to expand a little bit, yeah? i mean you gotta look for it yourself... im not trying to advertise another board... but rapgodfathers.com has no rules as to what is posted music-wise... so there are full album releases of both mainstream and underground rappers... it's a dl link heaven.... as for the members, they're straight, but there are alotta wiggers there... in an analogy comparable to reading playboy just for the articles, im only there for the links to new releases... they are almost always 0-scene, meaning as soon it's leaked it's there.... beats the hell outta Oink!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.