Second guessing Eminem

malek_5 said:
Only Dre can, judge me for the mistakes I'm makin
If I'm fakin, I'm Clay Aiken

He absolutely kills this shit on Games album, but is he right? After watching the 'Ass Like That' video, I'm not so sure. He always talks that 'run myself in the ground/before I put some wack shit out' shit, but why not back it up? There are a good number of people who like his 'new' flow and delivery, but I just don't see it. It seems to me like he's just not trying, can anybody back up the opposite opinion?
Em is both right and wrong.

As an artist, the only ones that can judge him (or any rapper for that matter) are his colleagues. Now, to be a colleague, you don't have to be on the same label. What I'm saying is any rapper who's had success similar to Eminem's are the only ones that can judge him.

Now, of course we as fans can judge his music because he puts it out to the public and it's there for us to critique. But, in the song, he doesn't say "only Dre can judge my music". He says, "only Dre can judge my mistakes". Well, IMO, anyone who's been on or near his level can judge him as an artist. Us fans however, cannot. Why? Because none of us have been in his shoes. Judge someone as a professional basketball player when you've been in their shoes. Not one poster on this forum has sold a million records, let alone 25 million.

So...bottom line...fans can judge his music, but not him as an artist or person, because none of us have been in that position.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
I wouldn't say he's not 'trying', I think it's just that, in order to accomodate these new flows, he has use more simple lyrics - simply because he's not adept enough with these flows yet to have sick lyrics.
I think his laziness is more a result of him knowing he's the best in the game currently. Nobody can touch him and the only person that can contend with him lyrically is Nas (IMO of course).

When he first dropped, everyone on the underground scene knew he had already shown talent, and tons of it. But, it then became "can he transfer that skill from the underground level to the mainstream level". For 3 or 4 years he worked his ass off proving that he could. He finally earned the respect of his peers. Now, there isn't a person in the game, save for Nas, who can touch him and he knows this. When he gets some comp...he'll stop being lazy. But I don't see him getting decent competition anytime soon.

You can go back to 3 years ago, I always had said one thing about Eminem, I will never consider Eminem as one of the greats unless he proves to me that on his 4th and 5th album he is still spitting hot shit because that is the only way I will know he belongs with the greats and surely enough, he wasn't able to do that. People hear a new rapper, they hear 3 hot albums from him and some hot guest appearances and label him "THE GREATEST" or "BETTER THAN..."... Surely enough, after their first 3 albums most artists suffer from a creativity burn out or just gradually fall off. Only the GREATS get better and better. So me, I'm not surprised with this "new" Eminem at all, I expected that from him and y'all can crucify me for saying that, I cares not.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.