RZA>Dre

Bobby Sands

Any1 else think this?

I tink Dre is way over rated nd i like the RZA's beats way better.

Im talkin RZA on albums like Only Built 4 Cuban Links,Liquid Swords,36 Chambers.I just love his beats.

Dont get me wrong,i tink Dre is very good but just a bit overrated.

i think they are both great in their own ways, dre has a sound, rza plays on anything IMO. so i agree that dre si a little over rated and rza is definately underrated by most people who listen to hip hop

CalcuoCuchicheo

Little Miss Vixen
IMO, Dre is better but that is just my opinion as I prefer his beats.

I do agree that RZA is dope, it's just his beats, IMO, are a little more difficult to appreciate. Not to take away from him as, after all, much of what has went on to be recognised as great was once perceived as being a bit weird.

That said, I don't think Dre could produce such a gritty sound as RZA did for the Wu-Tang debut. Yeah, Dre did drop some harsh beats for NWA but there asn't the same grime that RZA created.
Still, while I've heard less of RZA's work than I have that of Dre, I'm not sure if RZA can produce the smoothness that Dre has consistently dropped.

Anyways, basically I think their styles are contrasting & I prefer Dre.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
There's more to producing than beats.

I love lots of Beats, Ghostface is also underated. But how many top 5 albums have they produced. How many artists in their stable? How many platinum artists?

Also cali love was a very simple beat to produce. Dre probably spent about 2 hours max on it. It's not Dre's greatest beat.

i like west coast beats better so to me it is dre hands down, west coast beats are made to be played loud rollin in your car, to me east coast beats are made to sound good on head phones cuz 90% of the time they are ridin the subway, east coast beats don't sound as good on a nice system, and yes, i know there are exceptions but most of the time it is like that

aban said:
dre is dope!!!!have you heard a song called "California LOVE" f/2pac. thats the bestest beat i heard in my life.
If thats the best beat you ever heard, it is very sad.

Go and listen to the beats of nuthin but a g-thang, Real motherfuckin G`s, i got 5 on it, Gin and Juice, snoops upside ya head, these classics, you can call best beats.

Ah finally somebody broke the silence, it was about time for a thread like this to see the light of the day because I'm telling you that RZA is a lyrical monster and an amazing producer. If you don't think he is incredible then go listen to some tracks on Kill Bill vol.1 and Blade Trinity, this guy is so powerful he's now doing scores for a movie. BTW Ghostface's Pretty Toney album was one of the sickest of the past years.

Peace

makaveli_411 made a very good point. that rza not has the ability to make production for artists, but also the big screen. With kill bill 1 and 2 and also blade,. he's been able to diversify his capabilities as a producer to fit movies.. as a producer, rza has an advantage b/c he is able to produce beats that fit not only the flow of an artist but following visuals in movies

if this doesn't win you,. check out some of the beats produced by rza recently,. in my opinion helped create albums that you could listen to time and time again or songs over and over again,.(not like these hiphop club songs that get played out after a month)

ghostface - run (from pretty toney album)
theodore unit - its the unit
masta killa - mastakilla (from no said date album)
masta killa - school (from no said date album)

older songs that i still play

wu tang - careful (click, click)
wu tang - do you really (thang, thang)

k im tired, this is just merely a taste of how rza has a wide range of production skills

pz

Bobby Sands

Fatal off the Blade Trinity soundtrack is fuckin powerful.His vouce sends shivers down my spine.

I guess its a matter of opinion.Some like Dre's style beats others like RZA.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.