Rumour: Jay-Z new cd?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I heard a rumour that Jay-Z is going to be releasing a new album this year. So much for retirement.

I also heard that Dr.Dre will be producing most of it and they have already completed 2 tracks. Could be true, could be false. But interesting none the less.

Exit Jay-Z, Enter Shawn Carter. lol

ARon

Hmm, maybe the recent Cam diss will be his reason? I dont want to speculate but whatever Id love to hear this. Jay and Dre, Nas and Preme, I'm hoping they both go down.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
The person that told me this is the same person who told me Rakim was leaving Aftermath. I started a thread then and everyone hated and doubted me, I can't link it as it got lost when the board moved after the hack. I'm not saying it's true, just credible.

Damn, if you're gonna retire, then stay fuckin' retired. Just drop a song here and there when necessary, like when people diss you.

If it's true, I would doubt that Dre is producing the majority of it. If it were true, then the album wouldn't be out until 2010, since Dre takes so fuckin' long. I'd rather have The Doctor's Advocate, Detox, and the new Rakim album (hopefully with some Dre beats) come out first.

Aristotle said:
Hmm, maybe the recent Cam diss will be his reason? I dont want to speculate but whatever Id love to hear this. Jay and Dre, Nas and Preme, I'm hoping they both go down.

whens that Nas/Premier album coming out anyway?

TCD

I'd prefer if he stuck with Just Blaze and Kanye with a bit of Timbo, but I guess he wants to go in a new direction.

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
yea on hot97 i believe..they was saying that kanye is producing tracks for jayz. but no word on an album.

Meh, I don't want a Jay Z and Dre album. Doesn't mix well. I'd rather stick with the usual producers, Kanye, Just Blaze, 9th Wonder, Neptunes, etc.

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
the way dres beats..are..you're kinda suppose to use the music to write the raps. the way jayz raps..he just raps his own way..over a beat.

nebody understand me?

Jay-Z only has had one Dre beat on any of his LP's, so I don't know where all this "doesnt mesh well" is coming from...I think his style suites Dres style better then Nas did, after all Jay-Z got that same type of swagger that is exhibted in Snoop and Game. Should be a hoot none the less, espcially with all the "supposed" funk he's had with Game and 50.

PuffnScruff

hasnt this rumor been around since the black album?

i think it is true. its been about 2 years since he retired. its that time. like he said "when i come back wearing the 45"

ARon

Jay-Z killed the Watcher track, him and Ra both, that shit was tight. Dre and Jay dont mesh? Ok. Also it has been a while since we heard Dre do anything, we can look at The Documentary and some others but nah, Dre probably has a slightly different sound now, it's dumb of us to speculate but that comes with anticipation. All I'm doin is sitting over here and hoping to god that this drops, why would you not want or be mad that it is being made.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Yeah.

Dre is too busy to produce for Cube at the moment. Although him and Jay-z do have a special relationship these days.

Aristotle said:
Jay-Z killed the Watcher track, him and Ra both, that shit was tight. Dre and Jay dont mesh? Ok. Also it has been a while since we heard Dre do anything, we can look at The Documentary and some others but nah, Dre probably has a slightly different sound now, it's dumb of us to speculate but that comes with anticipation. All I'm doin is sitting over here and hoping to god that this drops, why would you not want or be mad that it is being made.
the watcher 2 was far from tight im not callin it wack, but it stuck out like a sore thumb on the bp2, it was out of place, and jay didnt sound comfortable on that track, rakim killed that song 2 times harder then jay.

Jay-Z only has had one Dre beat on any of his LP's, so I don't know where all this "doesnt mesh well" is coming from
That's the exact same thing I was thinking. Can't say it's true, nor will I deny it. I hope it happens. It wouldn't take that long for the simple fact that Dre only takes a long time on his shit, not anyone else's.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.