Reputation point suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.
one mc on dj said:
It's different types of reputation....

One might wanna get a good rep of droppin some real talk...others want to get love for dropping the latest songs...

In the end ppl that repped you will remember you in the way you wanted it...so it doesn't really matter...

keep saying what you want keep posting what you want it's up to those who rep you to do it or not...
Exactly. :thumb:

^busy now, gonna set you straight tomorrow. (in the sense that you dont even know my point).

Paulypac, yes, it doesn't matter to you. this is letter to the president. your not the president of this board.

leathaface, its kens theme from street fighter :D

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
It's easy to drop tracks. Most of the time people only do it for the rep. Inscure people and their netfame. I'll only drop a good track, whether I get repped or not, it don't matter.

Chronic

PaulyPac said:
let the admins decide
That's what he's doing by making this thread........? It doesn't matter if you don't think it's not a big deal, this forum is to discuss with the admins, not you (I mean 'you' in the general sense).
Now everyone take PaulyPac's advice (including me) and lets the admins decide. These threads don't need to be littered by people arguing. Unless you have something constructive to add to/argue with the thread starter's point, don't post in Letter to the President.

Around 9/26 posts in this thread had something to do with the discussion at hand. Too much bullshit is posted here.

First of, thank you Chronic, the point you made was so obvious that I didn't want to dignify PaulyPac with a reply. Now I have an independant person who has said what i was thinking.

Secondly, Saaphir. The point in question here is not about who gets repped for what! the point here is the 'devaluation' of the rep system. how seriously can the reputation system be taken if the only thing that people get repped for is dropping tracks. it demotes the rep system, to something which isn't for everyone, but just for people who drop tracks, tracks which are widely avaialbe in stores most of the times, or other 'rares'. if there was a limit to how much one drop can be repped then it would add weight to a persons reputation. as the reputation someone has built up can be a 'fairer reflection' of how useful they are to the community. currently a big divide has grown between some people who have 3-4 green dots and others who have the default one. it seems that if things are left as they are, then the reputation system is just a reflection of who drops tracks and who doesn't, which devalues it greatly.

what do you think? RUKAS or SIcC. if you feel you want to add to the debate then do so, but don't bitch about how no one cares, or 'does it matter'? I feel if you had a little foresight then yes it does matter for the smooth running of the reputation system.

one mc on dj said:
It's different types of reputation....

One might wanna get a good rep of droppin some real talk...others want to get love for dropping the latest songs...

In the end ppl that repped you will remember you in the way you wanted it...so it doesn't really matter...

keep saying what you want keep posting what you want it's up to those who rep you to do it or not...
i am not denying people who drop tracks reputation points. that is not the issue. all im saying is that a limit to how much one drop can be repped should help in people working harder for their rep, rather than building up a reputation for something which not only can anyone do, but noobs can come in and muscle in on this 'easy rep market'

but ken is making making a number of non relevant posts in here too, ah well ...

all im saying is if the admins feel like it should be changed then ok
no one else has complained about it yet

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
PaulyPac said:
but ken is making making a number of non relevant posts in here too, ah well ...

I don't care about rep, so I'm not gonna complain. It's the same as post count, it doesn't mean you contribute more to the board because you have a high rep or high post count.

Like Ken says, if you want a good rep it's easy to get one. Spend your time searching for good tracks from another website or p2p client and post them here. Watch your rep soar.

I think maybe people should be repped for doing a good job modding. Mods get certain amount of points a month. Super mods double that, and admins double that. Also people who work for streethop get repped for every article or news post made. Nah mean!!! ;)

PaulyPac said:
admins are not super human, they don't know EVERYTHING. And besides this section is made for suggestions, I made one. Whats the prolem with that

not really ken said:
First of, thank you Chronic, the point you made was so obvious that I didn't want to dignify PaulyPac with a reply. Now I have an independant person who has said what i was thinking.

Secondly, Saaphir. The point in question here is not about who gets repped for what! the point here is the 'devaluation' of the rep system. how seriously can the reputation system be taken if the only thing that people get repped for is dropping tracks. it demotes the rep system, to something which isn't for everyone, but just for people who drop tracks, tracks which are widely avaialbe in stores most of the times, or other 'rares'. if there was a limit to how much one drop can be repped then it would add weight to a persons reputation. as the reputation someone has built up can be a 'fairer reflection' of how useful they are to the community. currently a big divide has grown between some people who have 3-4 green dots and others who have the default one. it seems that if things are left as they are, then the reputation system is just a reflection of who drops tracks and who doesn't, which devalues it greatly.

what do you think? RUKAS or SIcC. if you feel you want to add to the debate then do so, but don't bitch about how no one cares, or 'does it matter'? I feel if you had a little foresight then yes it does matter for the smooth running of the reputation system.
I understand your point now and I agree... :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online