Rappers who don't write their Lyrics

Trump Tite said:
Both of those albums are behind The Chronic, and Death Certificate
I was thinking about that actually after I posted the message. I don't know. For me it's kinda hard. I would say that The Chronic, Doggystyle and AEOM collectively are the best 3 CD's EVER in the rap game. All of them are legendary and historic for different reasons. But, I guess maybe The Chronic is the most legendary rap album ever made because it kinda created a new form of rap music and it started a legendary era.

As for Death Certificate, I'm not sure about that one. I'm a big Ice Cube fan and oddly enough, I don't think I've ever heard that album. I have Lethal Injection, War and Peace Vol. 1 and 2, and I've heard about half of The Predator, but I actually don't think I've ever listened to Death Certificate, don't know why though. *shrugs*

Sentenced said:
DOC wrote Eazys & Dres lyrics during the NWA days. He also wrote most of the lyrics on Eazys first (I think) album. I don't know how much Cube wrote for them but Im positive Doc did more.
What?!!! Dre and Cube have both gone on record several times saying that Cube did pretty much ALL of the lyrics for Eazy. Matter of fact, Dre and Cube both said that "Dre did the producing, Cube did the writing".

Lok

1. Doc came out & said many times himself he wrote most of Eazys lyrics.
2. Cube was out of NWA pretty quick while DOC stuck around & kept writing for Eazy & Dre.

Trump Tite said:
I heard the opposite. I thought Snoop wrote Dre's lyrics back then. Dre's always been more of a producer than a rapper. Also didnt Eminem and some others write all Dre's lyrics for 2001??

didnt jay-z write most of dre's lyrics on 2001?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
DOC wrote a lot of Dre's lyrics.
On Doggystyle, snoop wrote all the lyrics, including Dre's.

A lot of it is rumours though, Jay-Z wrote this and that. Bollocks.
Dre is a producer, he sends the artist the way he wants them to go, he gives them the subject matter and the beats, he's a fantastic producer. All the artist has to do then is write, Dre dictates what about. That's why all his albums are personal even if he doesn't write them.

Now I just gotta ask why is this moron Frank Grimes sayin All Eyez On Me is a shit album? The first ever all-original material double album in rap, all 27 songs are incredible. That was a nearly impossible task to accomplish. Not only did he make history when he released that album, but every song on it could have been a chart-topper! In my eyes, that was the greatest album ever produced. Ever. Even still, if I get in a party I'll request How Do U Want It or 2 of Amerikaz Most Wanted... or any number of the other songs off the album. Anyone who even PRETENDS to be a Pac fan can't say AEOM is shit... thats just ignorant man. Get ya head right.

hey niggas don´t talk shit about puffy man, the man is the realest nigga alive man, is shit is deep, i can´t w8 for another p.diddy album to come out, the man is a legend man, don´t hate nigga congratulate :D:D:D:D

/ironic mode off

jason_g_718 said:
I was thinking about that actually after I posted the message. I don't know. For me it's kinda hard. I would say that The Chronic, Doggystyle and AEOM collectively are the best 3 CD's EVER in the rap game. All of them are legendary and historic for different reasons. But, I guess maybe The Chronic is the most legendary rap album ever made because it kinda created a new form of rap music and it started a legendary era.

As for Death Certificate, I'm not sure about that one. I'm a big Ice Cube fan and oddly enough, I don't think I've ever heard that album. I have Lethal Injection, War and Peace Vol. 1 and 2, and I've heard about half of The Predator, but I actually don't think I've ever listened to Death Certificate, don't know why though. *shrugs*

i see everyone sayin aeom is tha best cd ever but don't forget about the 7 day theory..........both great albums but 7 day theory beats it by a little

Eazy E admits that Cube wrote for him.The song "8 Ball"---"Ice Cube writes the rhymes,that I say"....."Dre makes the beats so goddamn funky,do the O.E.,fuck the brass monkey"

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
DPG iz all I C said:
Jay z writing for Dre was not a rumour, look in the booklet for 2001 and you'll see the name S.Carter
Do you know what I've done that. I couldn't find it. Maybe I'm mistaken. But anyone else?

Sentenced said:
1. Doc came out & said many times himself he wrote most of Eazys lyrics.
2. Cube was out of NWA pretty quick while DOC stuck around & kept writing for Eazy & Dre.
Then perhaps Doc took over the writing from Cube when Cube left.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.