"Rapper's are NOT musicians"

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
roaches said:
Rappers aren't making music? What *are* they making, then?

Is someone singing acapella not making music either?

That's why I can appreciate what you're saying. But if we are saying rappers are musicians, are poets musicians too?

Because I look at rappers as a poet. And Poets to my knowledge have never been considered musicians.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
But are rappers making music? They are rapping over music. Isn't the word called rapping as rapping also means talking?

Poetry was also put to music.

I mean maybe I'm flogging a dead horse. But I still don't see rappers as musicians.

roaches said:
rap = not defined by ridiculous acronyms, twit.
ggunot = generally giving garbled unhelpful nonsense observations. terrible.
wat the hell are u talking about.. im just telling u wat rap means and then maybe u can define them as by wat they do u knob far out man

musician to me always came attached with an instrument, guitar, piano whatever. if your definition of a musician is someone who creates music, than obviously, a rapper is a musician, but i would stick to calling them music artists

a

Advocate said:
rap is not american, i find it really ignorant to say that, its international
if you want to really get into it it began in africa

a
wrong... that is the definition to rap... i no it coz we were learning about it at school dude.. its right trust me

In my opinion rappers are artists who are representative to a certain group of people. They don't make music but more are they using their word over an instrumental made by musicians to teach, preach or just make money without having sth to say.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.