Rap songs you enjoy most

Songs that are just laid back..Shit that I play in the evening..I mean rap songs that you can play in a bar...know what I mean...Kinda like Little Brother...

jason_g_718 said:
When it comes to metal, are you one of those guys that's into death metal? Your comment about the "hard beats no matter what genre" lead me to think it.

Ok...so you're talking stuff like "Street Fame" off Better Dayz or Eminem's "Till I Collapse", Ice Cube's "Ghetto Vet"?

See, that's the good thing about my life. Most people wouldn't, and and most usually don't believe I can write about gang shit or ghetto life because I'm white and grew up in the suburbs. But, my grandmother and 2 uncles live in one of the worst parts of Detroit, one of those uncles is a cop. My former best friend who I was friends with for 10 years is from Detroit and wasn't in a gang but very much gang related.

It may not appear to be so by looking at me, but once you start getting into my life's stories, people know I've seen a lot of shit. I've almost been killed 3 fucking times in my life, two times almost shot and once I was almost stabbed. I've been everywhere from country clubs to crack houses. And don't get me wrong, I'm not bragging at all, because I usually don't talk about the bad shit, but I'm just saying that because of what I know I apper to be and the type of person I come off as. Pull my card and test I guess basically is the point.

But yeah, that's one of my favorite aspects of writing songs, is trying to find NEW subjects that would fit into the realm of storytelling in rap music and different ways to tell those stories.

Thanks Robber.
I feel you on this, im 18 and ive almost died twice and one of da times it was by my own "friend" i also knew a guy who got killed down my endz (R.I.P Nemesis Man) had some rough times you know, i aint usually da one to chat about tings like this on the net either cause most people on here jus dont believe what you sayin and try to see it as a joke, but all that ive been through has helped me with my writin rhymes, i prefer the type of songs that i can relate to with a deep msg in there cause they always the songs that make you think and motivate yo ass to do suttin, i have different types of moods all da time which changes what type of rap i feel like listenin to but id say the one's with the msg in is what i prfer the most :thumb:

i luv the storytellin and them hard ass gangsta beats with some hard lyrics. And yeah that guy is a dickhead, everytime i read his posts its got nothin 2 do with the topic.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.