Random thoughts about flow

Flow is basically the way a rapper raps, its very hard to describe but you will know what I mean when I say Nas, Black Thought, and Raekwon have good flow. Their rhymes aren't rough to the ears.

Best in flow:Biggie,Rakim,Big Daddy Kane,Snoop,2pac,Nas(illmatic),Andre 3000

Flow: to me it's a rapper ablity to seem like the words he saying just roll of the tougne, that it sounds easy to them to rap. It's not shaky or rough, but just pours out the rapper with ease(artist who sound like they force it to me Kanye,Bow Wow, Nelly,Young Jezzy and the majority of the south/west(bay))

Bobby Sands

Flow is the ability of a rapper to rap along to a beat.Biggie had a excellent flow.So was Pun and Big L.2Pac could flow well at times.Prodigy in his earlier days was good.

linx

Staff member
Sly Boogie has a dope flow. If I was to name more, i'd say Az, Big L, Biggie, Hov, Big Daddy Kane to name a few. When Nas is on point, his flow is dope too. I like Ghost and Jada alot too. :thumb:

Tech N9ne has the best flow imo, he can flow very differently in different songs and it is (almost) always tight.

I belief a flow is how a rapper goes with the flow of the beat (if that makes sense). For example if the beat is fast and the rapper spits slow it ain't a good flow.

2Pax

*Usually has a lot to do with Breath Control
*Jay-Z and Eminem are among the best at "Flowing"
*A rapper with "Good" flow should be able to make his rhymes appear seamless.

Bigg Limn

Staff member
Flow encompasses a lot of things...an MCs ability to flow with or ride the beat, his delivery on the beat...meaning how well he sounds, how he adapts his voice to the tone of the beat/matching the mood, how well he brings forth his words, how well he makes u feel what hes saying, how he makes shit sink in. Charisma/Confidence play in2 this, how well u know ur shit plays in2 this, breathe control plays in2 this, and ur skills as a rapper definately play in2 it. Examples of good flow that come 2 mind are: Tech N9ne, Brotha Lynch Hung, TI, BlackStar, Common, Bad Azz, etc...

7 Syns

flow, riding a beat and the basically the ability to use your voice as a melody inside the instrumental itself. In terms, making your voice part of the beat.

best, Rakim Eminem but there's plenty more.

peaxe.

ill-matic

the way they rhyme to the beat. it is different to how they "deliver" the rhymes. i believe the "delivery" encompasses how they use their voice etc..

i think KRS got the flow on lock. As with Rakim, Eminem at times, Nas has it on point on most of his tracks - though quite a few it's a bit choppy

worst flow: talib kweli

_carmi

me, myself & us
i'd say biggie has a nice flow, eminem too, rakim, nas.

flow is the capacity of rapping flowing on a beat and making rhymes not rough to the ear.
^now does this make sense? lol

man dont underestimate flow, ill cop it in this thread, but flows where its at, if im feeling your flow, im well on the way to understanding what ur sayin and being on your wave length and feeling your music, its the universal language.
check out some of cormega's flow, so underrated.
you can feel a rappers sincerity/legitness through there flow. imo
yes, jayz and eminem are overrated in that department.
in my opinion its more than just "flowing to a beat" and some so called wack flows can be good.
now theres a reply outside the square

man dont underestimate flow, ill cop it in this thread, but flows where its at, if im feeling your flow, im well on the way to understanding what ur sayin and being on your wave length and feeling your music, its the universal language.
check out some of cormega's flow, so underrated.
you can feel a rappers sincerity/legitness through there flow. imo
yes, jayz and eminem are overrated in that department.
in my opinion its more than just "flowing to a beat" and some so called wack flows can be good.
now theres a reply outside the square

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.