• Nas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rakim

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

AmerikazMost

this is Rakim vs. Nas, not Pac vs. Nas, so stop talking about it
2pacnbiggie said:
When rakim dropped his albums he stopped puttin out albums in da early 90's when big and nas was comin out he didnt put out anything else for a while til like 99. Thats why his longevity is different from nas...the only average album nas put out was nastradamus all the rest where above average or better

Illmatic, It Was Written, Lost Tapes, Stillmatic = Classics
I Am, Gods Son, Streets Disciple = Above Average
Nastradamus = Average
Are you insinuating that Biggie and Nas drove Rakim out of the game? Rakim stopped putting out albums because of disputes with Eric B. and other legal matters. His next album dropped in 1997, and the 18th Letter more than proved he was still "the god."

Illmatic and Stillmatic and classics, but It Was Written and Lost Tapes? Please. And God's Son is not better than average. I'm a fan of Nas, I own all of his albums, and believe me, you are overrating some of them.

Ok...i knew it was somewhere around 97-99 when ra dropped his last album...but the fact is its now 2005 what has he done since then?

Nas is still consistently droppin quality music

I didnt say big and nas drove rakim out the game but i did find it weird that he up and left after they started gettin on tho...

i dunno about u but imo lost tapes is probably his best release since illmatic and i thought it was written was classic as well

goddamn nas is better
look this way, if nas would came out before rakim everybody would say nas is better or some other good rapper, who came out before rakim

Talking about who's the better MC will always be about opinions.
I prefer Nas over Rakim all day every day though. Like dude said before me: I grew up listening to Nas, while Rakim had his prime before I was into hiphop. I've never been able to appreciate Rakim's music to the full extent. I'm listening to Paid In Full right as we speak, but for me, it can never touch Illmatic or other dope Nas albums. Don't know what it is exactly, but Rakim doesn't really do anything for me.

AmerikazMost

2pacnbiggie said:
Ok...i knew it was somewhere around 97-99 when ra dropped his last album...but the fact is its now 2005 what has he done since then?

Nas is still consistently droppin quality music

I didnt say big and nas drove rakim out the game but i did find it weird that he up and left after they started gettin on tho...

i dunno about u but imo lost tapes is probably his best release since illmatic and i thought it was written was classic as well
Ra's last album with Eric B. came out two years before Nas and Biggie. He "dropped out" before they were even on the scene.

What has he done since? A bunch of guest appearances, a song on 8 mile, and completed an album with Aftermath. It wasn't released because he wasn't happy with the production.

Again, this isn't "What have you done for me recently?", it's "What have you done?"

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.