Rakim vs. Nas

Nas or Rakim?

• Nas

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rakim

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
this has been a question in the back of my head for years now. tupac is my hands down my number one of all time, and 2 and 3 have gone to nas and rakim. but i dont know who to place at 2? i think nas is the most poetic rapper ever. the things he says, the way he says it, incredible. then again, he was touted as the next rakim, and many believe he didnt live up to it. rakim is THE GOD. he invented the style of rhyme used today, he perfected it, he dropped knowledge, and his flow was and is absolutely flawless. after all these years, i STILL cant make my mind up.

so tell what you think. i dont want to know YOUR top three, just tell me simply Nas or Rakim, and explain your choice

AmerikazMost

It's no contest. The choice is Rakim. There's no man dead or alive that can match his flow. It's just so easy, and he comes up with some of the most complicated and unusual rhymes you'll ever hear. He changed the game.

illmatic is my favourite hip-hop LP of all time

i have heard a lot of solid shit from rakim but in my opinion nothing that tops illmatic

a

Duke

Staff member
Advocate said:
illmatic is my favourite hip-hop LP of all time

i have heard a lot of solid shit from rakim but in my opinion nothing that tops illmatic

a

Illmatic is my bible, for real. And im a huge Nas fan. But like dude said, Rakim Allah is THE GOD. And there's no question bout this.

There's no rapper dead or alive, who gets as much appreciation and general respect as the God.

Hell, i usually refer to him as the God :p

Nas and its really not even close imo hes surpassed rakim

More longevity, more consistent albums, and hes kept hes still relevant in the mainstream after more than a decade in the game

both are legends but i'd prefer nas over rakim

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.