Rakim to sign to Talib Kweli's label???

AmerikazMost said:
I said I was done here, but I couple things to say to Bombsquad. I'll be brief though.

1. Around March 9 do you stop saying Pac is the greatest in honor of Biggie? Why should I censor my taste in music because of the date?

2. Don't call me a kid. How old are you?

3. I said it before and I'll say it again: I got into Ra ON MY OWN. I came past one of his songs, loved it, and looked him up. No one on here or any other place on the net (this is the only board I'm on by the way) told me anything about him. Why's it so hard to believe that someone can get into him in the 2000's? Is it because it disproves your point?

I respect your opinions on Pac. I wish you and your beloved hituup would respect mine about Rakim. If you guys weren't such dicks by making this personal than maybe this conversation would be more intelligent. I love Pac. He'll always be my favorite. But I love Rakim too, and I think the only reason you're putting him down is because there were implications that he could be better than Pac. OH MY GOD! SAY IT ISN'T SO!
True. I've been reading thru these pages and I can't believe what I'm reading. OMG!!! Someone better or more respected than Pac? Well we better discredit him then!!! Do you know why Rakim isn't "moving units?" Because he doesn't rap about how much money he has, or how many cars he has, or how much bling he's wearing, or blunts and hoes and bitches. He doesn't rap about what all the mainstream rappers are rapping about. I guarantee that if he put out an album rapping about all that stuff, he'd be back in the charts in no time. But he doesn't care, he keeps it real. That's a concept that's foreign to today's breed of sellout rappers. If it wasn't for guys like Rakim, there would be no 2Pac, or 50 Cent or anyone else for that matter. You don't have to love him, or even like him. But show some fucking respect for the fathers of the game.

AmerikazMost said:
I said I was done here, but I couple things to say to Bombsquad. I'll be brief though.

1. Around March 9 do you stop saying Pac is the greatest in honor of Biggie? Why should I censor my taste in music because of the date?

2. Don't call me a kid. How old are you?

3. I said it before and I'll say it again: I got into Ra ON MY OWN. I came past one of his songs, loved it, and looked him up. No one on here or any other place on the net (this is the only board I'm on by the way) told me anything about him. Why's it so hard to believe that someone can get into him in the 2000's? Is it because it disproves your point?

I respect your opinions on Pac. I wish you and your beloved hituup would respect mine about Rakim. If you guys weren't such dicks by making this personal than maybe this conversation would be more intelligent. I love Pac. He'll always be my favorite. But I love Rakim too, and I think the only reason you're putting him down is because there were implications that he could be better than Pac. OH MY GOD! SAY IT ISN'T SO!

Whatever. I really don't care if you think Rakim is better than Pac or not. If you put Rakim over him I wouldn't be mad because Pac respected him, but the main point is as for now I don't think he's got it like before and yeah I do agree that he was dum for leaving the D R E. He has no label. where is he going to go? He should join G-Unit. I'm sure 50 would let him do his music as he pleases and I'm sure 50 doesn't have to be singing on any of his songs. I'm sure Rakim wouldn't like that anyway. Rakim needs to say GG-GG-ggg-unit. 50 come save your favorite mc. At least with 50 cents, it would make sense because 50 is a big rapper just like how Rakim once was. Rakim being under Talib Kwali would make no sense to me. Or if anything he should join Kanye's label and be under him. Kanye and his label makes the type of music Rakim can relate to. To me they are almost in the same bracket. Maybe 50 and or Kanye can bring more brightness and electricity to Rakim's scientology subliminals. I'm snoring while listening to "Paid In Full" and "The Master". For the meantime- SOMEONE POURS COLD WATER ON MY FACE WHILE I'M ON MY HEADPHONES SLEEPING TO RAKIM'S ALBUMS!!

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Damn.

Anyone who disses Rakim and says he needs to sign to Dre is not fully understanding Hip-hop. Rakim is a god. If you don't like the sound, fair play. But don't hate on him, he is a true MC.
Unfortunately we live in a world of 50 Cent, wher you have to sell out to sell. 2pac would have thrived, Rakim won't.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.