R&B Singer Houston claims the devil made him do it

K D

Posted Feb. 7, 2005-

HOUSTON SAYS THE DEVIL MADE HIM DO IT

R&B singer Houston now says that the devil really did make him do it. Last week the singer gouged out his own eye in an attempt to purge himself of "the devil." In a statement, he said he “found himself in the midst of a spiritual battle against the evil that runs rampant in the entertainment industry.”

The singer completely denies that he attempted suicide but stated that he is a devout Christian who constantly finds himself at odds with what he sees in the music game. His bodyguard backed this up stating that he saw “[Houston’s] eye hanging out” and that taking out his eye was “the only way he could kill the devil.”

Houston says he will be back to churning out songs, like “I Like That,” in the near future. “I still love all my fans. Please pray for me and know I’ll be back with some more hits,” Houston said.

From bet.com

ArtsyGirl

DespEYEte the jokes EYE made about him last tEYEm, EYE kEYEnda feel sorry for the gEYE
I feel that it is my responsibility to inform you ... your not funny, I'm sorry its true - Maybe you should stop trying before somebody feels sorry for you.

artisticgurl said:
I feel that it is my responsibility to inform you ... your not funny, I'm sorry its true - Maybe you should stop trying before somebody feels sorry for you.
EYE thought it was funny, EYE dont care wut you gEYEs think :mad:

Yo, thats some stupid shit. This fool has lots of money and he comes out with this bullshit. If you feel the Devil is in the music industry then try to do something about it, don't try to kill yourself and then gauge out your eye. ANd after all this he wants people to feel sorry for him, excuse the language but fuck that, he gets no sympathy from me.

ArtsyGirl

The guy obviously has some issues, I have a friend that flips out from time to time and trust me they cant help it they arnt in control of what they're doing at that time and I doubt he did it to get sympathy from a nobody on the internet either.

artisticgurl said:
I doubt he did it to get sympathy from a nobody on the internet either.
No need to try to insult me artistic, I'm just saying that he has what most of us want, and if he did this just to kill himself (a la Kurt Cobain) because he is not happy then fuck him. If he does have problems then he or his people that are supposed to look out for him should have gotten some help.

P.S. don't get mad at me Gurl. :(

After being thwarted in a suicide attempt in a London hotel room, R&B singer Houston gouged his own eye out.

On Thursday Houston attempted to jump out of a 13th-floor hotel window but was stopped by his security personnel, sources close to

the singer said. He was moved to a lower floor and locked in his room, where he injured himself. Additional details are still coming to light, and photographs of his injury are circulating online.

The Los Angeles native, born Houston Summers IV, was overseas for a series of performances when the incident occurred. He scored a hit last year with "I Like That," which featured Chingy and Nate Dogg and was used in a McDonald's commercial (see "Houston Scores Club Hit With Help From Chingy, Nate Dogg"). His debut album, It's Already Written, was certified gold a month after its release in August.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with Houston during this tragic time," a Capitol Records spokesperson said.

Los Angeles radio station KKBT-FM's K-Sly, who appeared in the "I Like That" video and is close to Houston's camp, said the singer had been under psychiatric care last year for manic depression. Another source corroborated that claim, adding that Houston had also struggled with PCP.

"I was told he wanted to commit suicide and stabbed his eye out," K-Sly said. "He was telling people he was Jesus and wanted to go home to his Father."

The singer is now back in Los Angeles.

Upon hearing about Houston, Bushwick Bill of rap group the Geto Boys felt compelled to speak out. In 1991, Bill forced his girlfriend to assist him in a suicide attempt, and she shot him in the eye. "Fame will make you crazy," Bill said in a statement. "Fame isn't for everybody. There are people who have a fear of fame, those who want fame, and those who don't understand fame. It drives them crazy, because it is a lot of responsibility to be all things to all people, and you can lose yourself in the shuffle, where there are no longer 52 cards in the deck."

ArtsyGirl

Az-Tech Loc said:
No need to try to insult me artistic, I'm just saying that he has what most of us want, and if he did this just to kill himself (a la Kurt Cobain) because he is not happy then fuck him. If he does have problems then he or his people that are supposed to look out for him should have gotten some help.

P.S. don't get mand at me Gurl. :(
I wasnt really saying that to insult you, but to Houston you are nobody - unless your a fan. You should understand mental illness is not something somebody asks for, and Houston denies trying to commit suicide and if you dont take his word take the bodygaurd that was with him at the time. Again he didnt ask for this.
Oh I agree people around him should have tried to help him (which they did but kept him working) but you'd think they would have let him get the help he needs before making him work.

K D said:
Houston says he will be back to churning out songs, like “I Like That,” in the near future. “I still love all my fans. Please pray for me and know I’ll be back with some more hits,” Houston said.

From bet.com
I'm sure kids will enjoy watching a one-eyed rapped

artisticgurl said:
I wasnt really saying that to insult you, but to Houston you are nobody - unless your a fan. You should understand mental illness is not something somebody asks for, and Houston denies trying to commit suicide and if you dont take his word take the bodygaurd that was with him at the time. Again he didnt ask for this.
Oh I agree people around him should have tried to help him (which they did but kept him working) but you'd think they would have let him get the help he needs before making him work.
Was it really mental illness or his PCP addiction, or just a way to cope with the stress of his life? Either way his peeps should have looked out for him. Well, I gotta go. Take care Artistic.

P.S. Thanks for not saying that to insult me. :)

ArtsyGirl

Was it really mental illness or his PCP addiction, or just a way to cope with the stress of his life? Either way his peeps should have looked out for him.
Well we really dont know, I've read that he has mannic depression also that he used PCP but he seems real religous so I dont know maybe both.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.