Please read for mods and members

Dante

Meyer & Dante Best Friends4eva
2pac4prez2004 said:
i have a lack of education and do not understand this particular sentance.....dante.....help please? :) :confused: :thumb:
homogenity means "sameness"

even though we are two different countries, we share a lot of similarities.

prasad said:
Well this is about reply to my last question that u posted.

I just wanted to know why we dont have any decision makers from the black community. NO i dont mind having all white mods and admins. But why dont we have a black mod or admin.
This is an internet forum, for most of us, we are just names on a screen. Reference is not directly made to who is black, white, asian or whatever. And you can rest assured that Mods are not chosen on the basis of their race or location, but rather by having regard to factors such as, for example, availability.

The decisions that are made by mods and admin are based on post content. This is entirely independent of race. If someone makes inappropriate comments, threads are closed and people are banned. The guidelines are clear, and are applied to everyone - equally. The types of desicions that are made are clerical and do not directly relate to race unless of course, there was a breach of guidelines which people would be held accountable for anyway.

Unless you have any real concern that black people are being unfairly treated on this forum....for instance, discrimate closing of threads by mods, or a higher percentage of black people being banned by admin for no reason and can provide evidence....(for which we know there is none of this occurring), then what does it matter where the mods/admins are from.

S. Fourteen

prasad said:
I just wanted to know why we dont have any decision makers from the black community. NO i dont mind having all white mods and admins. But why dont we have a black mod or admin.
I'm a black man trapped in a white/asian mans body.

happy?

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
prasad said:
This is a question no offence to any one? i am just trying to understand the board. if u gonna be a dick wad and start posting bullshit go take ur anger off in your bathroom.

Why is this board mostly ran by aussies and europeans.

How come we dont have any american administrators or African American MODS are administrators.

I some time feel like this board is controlled by another white group.

I AINT RACIST.
IF U GONNA JUMP ON ME LIKE KORTEZ THEN U HAVE ISSUES.
as long as the moderators don't go around calling people niggers or whatever, I dont see what your problem is

2pac has fans worldwide, its not really much of a surprise for people outside of america to like Pac

theres only a few people on this board that have any power after the shit that went down last month (jon, stephen, sicc, rukas, pittsey) so it just happens to be people who arent from america

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Why is this board international and multicultrual? Because hip-hop is international and multicultrual.

And your observation is just wrong. The board is run by myself (European, living in Australia -- so this whole thread is an obvious shot at me), Sicc (American in America) and Jon (Canadian in Canada).

Why is the board run by us? Because we are all friends.

As for mods, I pick people who are best equiped to be mods, and dont really look at where they are from, so therefore I cant tell you how many American's mod and how many dont, or how many of them are black or even how many members here are black, because I am not racist, and when you start breaking issues like this up into race, you begin to discriminate and be racist.

If you are not racist, why would you care who ran what from where? You'd just be happy it was run.

The world, hip-hop, and this board does not revolve around America.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Im not American...

Dante said:
For example, when Pac mentions the Slausson swap meet, the Shaw, Pete Wilson (yeah I’m listening to to live and die in la) non-Americans might not necessarily immediately understand what he’s saying.
... But I understand that, and have been to Cali.

Some of us saw him live, brushed shoulders with those who knew Pac, or have personal experiences that can contribute to others’ interests.
... But I know people who knew Pac, have personal experiances that can contribute to others' interests.
Hey, hip hop started here so having Americans active on the board is important – I’ll grant you that. It’s not very fair to judge the board’s mods and admins right now since everything is still upside down from the takeover attempt. I was a mod in life and fx, and an admin every now and again (I still am one technically, but completely powerless). Really when you think about it, Canada isn’t that different than America because of a large degree of cultural homogeneity (I can’t believe I just said that), and the UK isn’t far behind. Getting caught up in geographic differences is both short sighted and self defeating. Pittsey knows more about hip hop than most of the TRL, Nelly buying Americans, with his tea drinking ass.

Something you may be neglecting to consider is that the foreign perspective is in many ways just as relevant as the American one. True Pac’s music was mainly about the challenges American, lower socioeconomic black people face, but the content and themes of his music can be analogized to almost anyone else. …Not to mention, we as Pac fans should encourage interest in his music, since even though some of it is over 10 years old, it’s still better than 90% of the rap music being produced today.

I can appreciate your thoughts, but you have to expect a reaction like the one you got when you’ve just dissed at least ¾ of this board.
Everything else I agree with 100%.

What Im saying, is you dont have to be American (as you too pointed out) to like Pac, or be involved in the hip-hop movement, or have something to contribute.

Dante

Meyer & Dante Best Friends4eva
sup rukas - my point was only that without people who are American or understand American culture (as you do) then you'd have the circular westafrica type logic that we've seen too many times in threads where people perpetuate mistruths and misunderstandings as fact, simply because they're guessing with an overzealous sense of self confidence. i still remember this old german site that had quoted pac in their banner as saying "nacho average killer, westside outlaw..." or the endless prediction that pac would (or even could) have run for governor or president. there comes a time when someone who understands the culture pac lived in has to step in and set the record straight. yeah, you basically got what i said anyway so i'm killing the horse.

i still maintain that at least a solid quarter of pac's "fans" don't even listen to the music so much as continue with the endless easter egg hunt for a new og version mp3 to put in their 2pac folder. pac has the allure for these "cooler stamp collectors" because of the volume of music he produced and the way it was handled after his passing. oh well. maybe they'll click some ads.

We coulda just answered that question by sayin that the mods & admins are all mixed races :thumb:
Woulda saved 3 pages & some hurt feelings :D

prasad said:
This is a question no offence to any one? i am just trying to understand the board. if u gonna be a dick wad and start posting bullshit go take ur anger off in your bathroom.

Why is this board mostly ran by aussies and europeans.

How come we dont have any american administrators or African American MODS are administrators.

I some time feel like this board is controlled by another white group.

I AINT RACIST.
IF U GONNA JUMP ON ME LIKE KORTEZ THEN U HAVE ISSUES.
so r u saying that this board should only have black people?

Dave D

Dante said:
i still maintain that at least a solid quarter of pac's "fans" don't even listen to the music so much as continue with the endless easter egg hunt for a new og version mp3 to put in their 2pac folder. pac has the allure for these "cooler stamp collectors"
that is so true. prominent members included.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.