Pac not on Doggfather?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever wonder why Pac never made an appearance of Snoop's 96 Doggfather album? Seems strange being label mates that there are no Pac tracks, especially given that Pac was featured on Daz, Nate's and Lady of Rage' albums around the same time...

Maybe this has something to do with there so called 'beef'.

well i doubt this because theres plenty of songs that they did together which werent released.

and snoop wasnt on dk7 either.

i think they wanted to establish themselves as solo artists non-reliant on other album guests.

yeah howcome on the inside cover it has like rip pac and all this shit with his pictures. im pretty sure it has a whole buncha shit in there im jsut too lazy to look in mine.

Yeah the album is dedicated to Pac, there'a a pic of him in the booklet with it..

Probably still one of the most dissapointing albums that ever came out in my view.

i dunno in my opinion it wasnt as good as doggystyle but still a very good album overall. id still give it a 7/10 whereas doggystyle is a 9.5 or even a 10/10

he shouted him out majorly in the outro of the album when he said "where my nigga tupac at" like 10 times. and you can hear pac sayin "aint nothing but a gangsta" in the background because it sounds like a clip from a live show.
even still, its a shoutout

pac_4_ever said:
i dunno in my opinion it wasnt as good as doggystyle but still a very good album overall. id still give it a 7/10 whereas doggystyle is a 9.5 or even a 10/10
Doggystyle is arguably the best Westcoast album ever

jasedwads

On probation, please report any break in the guidl
mastert said:
Yeah the album is dedicated to Pac, there'a a pic of him in the booklet with it..

Probably still one of the most dissapointing albums that ever came out in my view.

i completely disagree with your comment. please give some reasons on why you think its the most dissapointing album 'that ever came out'.

after aeom got released the doggpound click and the outlawz didn't get along very well, so pac and snoop both kinda whent there seperate ways music wise

There's no particular reason why Pac wasn't on Doggystyle. Maybe Snoop just wanted to make an album without the biggest rapper so he could sell millions on his own, without riding on anyone's coattails. So he didn't dig up Wanted Dead or Alive, Out the Moon, Life So Hard (he did the chorus on the Gang Related version), Street Life, Bitches, or Just Watchin. The reason why Pac was on the albums of Daz, Nate, and Lady of Rage was probably to help them sell since they weren't really popular solo artists yet.

I don't think Pac and Snoop's "falling out" had anything to do with it, if it's true (debatable), it would've only been a small beef that lasted for what, Pac's last week or two of life? Most of which was spent in a hospital bed unconscious? It's not like they were best friends or anything, they were just cool with each other and two of the biggest stars on the same label. That's why Pac kicked it a lot more with the Outlawz, they were his lil homies. Just look at All Eyez on Me... two discs, and Snoop is only rapping on ONE song and adlibing on another. So don't be all surprised when Snoop has an album without Pac, he's always been an established artist, and Doggfather was already a highly anticipated follow-up to the biggest rap debut album at the time (until Eminem).

this is just my opinion.....

i think it has to do with teh fact that snoop said he didnt want to disresepct pac after he died....

if you remember doggfather was shelved so makaveli could come out first

so i think they may have pulled off a pac appearence for that reason...i imagine he would have had a pac feature on teh album cuz it only could have helped sales but he was not trying to dissrespect a dead man....just my 2 cents

i heard pac and snoop weren't cool in the end because snoop had gone on the radio and said that he was cool with Bad Boy and that they make alrite music. sumthin like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.