oppinions on the new game single "strip club (lets ride)"?

Da_Funk

This song has an AMAZING beat, but the lyrics are horrible lol. Tony Yayo sold 216k his first week or something (he kept saying he'd selling something like 700k his first week) Kanye sold over 800k that week(him and Yayo dropped on the same week) which is why everyone says Yayo flopped, which he did. Also I'd have hoped he's gone gold by now, his album has been out for a year +.

Da_Funk said:
This song has an AMAZING beat
I seriously disagree. This beat just doesn't have any energy. I can't really imagine people getting down to this at the club (or even at a strip club), it just sounds so boring. I couldn't even imagine a dope video to this. But this is what I don't get...

In "Face of L.A." he says "I'm getting married, she's from North Carolina too" but in this song he says "I'm fuckin' a different bitch every day of the week"... ironic

Da_Funk

I dunno, maybe i see it differently, I dont really go to clubs yet, I just turned 17 a month ago, but you definatley sit down and smoke or drink to this. To me it seems like such a nice chill relaxing beat and a chill hook.

Beat's dope, chorus is alright, lyrics are nothing special...I never minded the name-dropping, that's just a part of his style...Plus he's giving it up for all these people, rather than just talk about himself non-stop...NOT TO MENTION the fact that he's really ups the WESTCOAST so you can't hate on that (if you're from the west or a west fan)...Nonetheless, I have a feeling this song is gonna blow up...

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Thanks

Sarr said:
anyway...the beat is fucking CRAZY! havent heard a commercial beat this classic since 'how we do'
Its a nice beat but its more of a rider track, would bang in the car, iffy about club play.

Sarr said:
hook is sick (he really copied 50cents style though)
Yep.

Sarr said:
lyrics are PATHETIC again. he names dr dre about 20 times, eminem about 10 times and everybody else. and haha this guy is in denial he is still repping aftermath even though they dropped him
Lyrics are aiight for a commercial single nowdays.

Repping Aftermath? I think you missed this line at the start . . . "The Game is back the Aftermath chain is gone, the D's is chrome the frame is black."

Sarr said:
he tries to imitate dr dre's voice?? what the fuck is this about? he sounds exactly like dr dre at some points...listen and you will see
Doesnt sound anything like Dre, ya all either got a shitty system or you dont know what Dre sound like.

the radio edit is poor q but the dirty version is a lot better.

Nice track for a first single IMO cool beat I will give it a blast with a bit of volume later on to get the full effect. dope beat lyrics arn't the best but he does give it up fo tha west:thumb:

Casey

Staff member
Track is alright. One Blood is a lot better. There's better shit he's been working on though...whether those cuts will make the album is another story.

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
rukas i know what dr dre sounds like

listen to when he says "where the freaks at" and when he says "roll up a blunt call it aftermath"...he tries to sound like dre..anybody that knows what dre sounds like should be able to notice this

he is still trying to rep aftermath...listen to "one blood"..."im the heir to the aftermath dynasty".. and in the "lets ride" he says something about "call this aftermath".

listen to this song properly you will know what i mean

Sarr said:
No you don't, say no more.

DeeezNuuuts83 said:
In "Face of L.A." he says "I'm getting married, she's from North Carolina too" but in this song he says "I'm fuckin' a different bitch every day of the week"... ironic
A lot of rappers do this. And just because he married somebody doesn't mean that he doesn't fuck other bitches haha.

And all you people saying that he's copying 50's style on the hook listen to his Pre-Aftermath/G-Unit stuff and you will know that he's going back to the roots :p.

ganderson said:
track is dope not as good as one blood but that was a street single gotta be expected. Dam cant wait fo this album!!!!!
People didn't like One Blood when it dropped and now they like it more when new single dropped. Interesting.
IMO Let's Ride is much better as single than One Blood Blood blood blooooooooooood.

Sarr said:

listen to when he says "where the freaks at" and when he says "roll up a blunt call it aftermath"...he tries to sound like dre..anybody that knows what dre sounds like should be able to notice this

he is still trying to rep aftermath...listen to "one blood"..."im the heir to the aftermath dynasty".. and in the "lets ride" he says something about "call this aftermath".

listen to this song properly you will know what i mean
thanks for saying that, i was thinking it but couldnt we bothered typing it up.

i agree with what you said. game is one confused mofo, i am still anticipating his album though.

is it just me or does he sound like xzibit in the very beginning of the song; as well as sounding like dre in a lot of it...he's acting like he's tight w/ Busta, Em, Eve, and everyone Aftermath he's sendin a ton of mixed messages between his songs and interviews.....idk he's hard to read but i'm pumped fro the album regardless...great beat to ride to

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
its like he couldnt get a collab with dre going, so he tried his hardest to imitate him at certain parts

this guy is just crying out for friends

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.