Oppinions on 'The Massacre'

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Better than GRODT.
Beats are good, 50 lets the album down. Too much filler and repetitive subject matter.
3.5 mics out of 5.

i thought it would suck to my standards suprisingly not as bad but still i hate it, the cover and him, but cant deny the props he gets cause it club material 4 all those pateyers and thats where it publicies, anyways its catchy thats whats good 4 him.

the realest review i've seen...

To me, the degree to which I like an album is determined by how much of the album I can listen to without either skipping or wanting to skip a track. When I first listened to GRODT, I wasn't impressed at - as a matter of fact, I was dissapointed. My major dissapointments actually lied with the lyrics and the production. First, I was expecting more of lyricall showing from a NY emcee - more savvy wordplay and intricate storytelling-, and, believe it or not, I wasn't impressed with a few of the beats on the album; at first listen, I didn't like the production on "Many Men," "Gotta Make It to Heaven," "Poor Little Rich," "PIMP," and that song with Young Buck. The beats didn't draw me into the songs, and some of the songs seemed so simplistic. The only songs I gravitated towards at first listen were "What up Gangsta"(even though the song was simple as hell), "Patiently Waiting," "21 Questions,"(another simple song) " HEAT," and that joint with Lloyd Banks and Em. Now, I did like the bonus joints - "Wanksta" and the rest - but I heard those songs on previously released mixtapes, so I didn't consider them to part of the actual album...they were labled as "bonus tracks." In short, GRODT had to grow on me over about a month's time. This wasn't the case with "The Massacre."

When I first listened to The Massacre, I enjoyed it. From the first song, "In My Hood", the beats coupled with 50's flow drew me into the album. I found the storytelling to be more detailed(especially in 'Baltimore Love Thing'), and even on the more simpler tracks such as 'A little bit' and "Set It Off," I could appreciate 50's flow. I enjoyed every track on the album, save that "Build You Up" song, and "Ryder Music" is growing on me. I can't claim the same for GRODT, as the album had to grow on me whereas I took an immediate liking to The Massacre. Overall, bruh, I just enjoy the album.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
2pacnbiggie said:

To me, the degree to which I like an album is determined by how much of the album I can listen to without either skipping or wanting to skip a track. When I first listened to GRODT, I wasn't impressed at - as a matter of fact, I was dissapointed. My major dissapointments actually lied with the lyrics and the production. First, I was expecting more of lyricall showing from a NY emcee - more savvy wordplay and intricate storytelling-, and, believe it or not, I wasn't impressed with a few of the beats on the album; at first listen, I didn't like the production on "Many Men," "Gotta Make It to Heaven," "Poor Little Rich," "PIMP," and that song with Young Buck. The beats didn't draw me into the songs, and some of the songs seemed so simplistic. The only songs I gravitated towards at first listen were "What up Gangsta"(even though the song was simple as hell), "Patiently Waiting," "21 Questions,"(another simple song) " HEAT," and that joint with Lloyd Banks and Em. Now, I did like the bonus joints - "Wanksta" and the rest - but I heard those songs on previously released mixtapes, so I didn't consider them to part of the actual album...they were labled as "bonus tracks." In short, GRODT had to grow on me over about a month's time. This wasn't the case with "The Massacre."

When I first listened to The Massacre, I enjoyed it. From the first song, "In My Hood", the beats coupled with 50's flow drew me into the album. I found the storytelling to be more detailed(especially in 'Baltimore Love Thing'), and even on the more simpler tracks such as 'A little bit' and "Set It Off," I could appreciate 50's flow. I enjoyed every track on the album, save that "Build You Up" song, and "Ryder Music" is growing on me. I can't claim the same for GRODT, as the album had to grow on me whereas I took an immediate liking to The Massacre. Overall, bruh, I just enjoy the album.

Good, apart from the part about Young Buck. Where was Young Buck on GRODT? I haven't listened to it for 2 years, but I don't think he's on it.

2pacnbiggie said:

the massacre leaked on 2/21, or 15 days ago. it hasn't been out a month yet

Pittsey said:
Good, apart from the part about Young Buck. Where was Young Buck on GRODT? I haven't listened to it for 2 years, but I don't think he's on it.
blood hound. i love the sound of gun fire braaaaaaaao

Pittsey said:
young buck was on bloodhound on grodt

the massacre leaked on 2/21, or 15 days ago. it hasn't been out a month yet
yea, i didnt write the review tho...

2pacnbiggie said:

It was the opposite for me. As soon as I heard 'Get Rich Or Die Tryin', I knew I would like the album because of the style 50 had on the opening track 'What Up Gangsta' and knew he was going to do big. He had a style what hip-hop hadn't seen yet and then the tracks followed on and came to 'Patiently Waiting' and 'Many Men' and it was obvious the album was going to be interesting and enjoyable to listen to. He blew up with the single 'In Da Club' which was a worldwide club-anthem, and people (including me) were already drawn to his style, then when you listened to them first opening tracks you knew he had a whole story behind him and actually lived what he rapped about. Plus I thought he had some impressive production on that album, especially 'Many Men'

With this album, taking in I've only listened to half the album, first views are the production is good but not as impressive as the last album. But I'm certain it will grow on me, no doubt.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
stillkilluminati said:
blood hound. i love the sound of gun fire braaaaaaaao

I guess I never heard of Young Buck when I was listening to the album.
Just call me noob. Infact Mr Noob would be better.

xxx

i feel pretty much the complete opposite of the review. I was immediately hooked with the first couple of listens for GRODT (one of my fav. top 20 albums all-time). And im finally starting to like the massacre. To me, no where near GRODT, but good. I think the new one has too much filler and too many radio-friendly songs. If it were cut down to 14 or so tracks, rearranged the order, i think we would have a classic.

I think it should have been more of a concept album. It should have kinda told a story from the first to last track. I would have put "im suppose to die tonight" directly at the beginning (with different intro or none at all) and so on. I think that would have been really cool.

Overall: GRODT = 8.75 out of 10 The Massacre = 7.5 out of 10.

Little Skittle

^ as good as grodt is, tracks like "im supposed to die tonight", "baltimore love thing", "ski mask way", and "god gave me style" are like 4 of my top 5 50 cent songs

Little Skittle said:
^ as good as grodt is, tracks like "im supposed to die tonight", "baltimore love thing", "ski mask way", and "god gave me style" are like 4 of my top 5 50 cent songs
i agree, lotta my favorite songs of his are on this cd, but overall u cant fuck with GROTD, solid cd strait threw no songs i didnt really like.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.