Opinions on these.Classics maybe.

Bobby Sands

Just read your post Dante,

I just listed these albums because i was listening to them a lot at the moment.So i didnt really care if they were East or West

As i said i shouldnt have included Styles P.I just wanted opinions on it.

Those are just your opinions Dante.Others might think different.Thaks for giving your opinion anyway.

Blacktrash-The Autobiography of Kirk Jones-Sticky Fingaz
--i don't like to be yelled at
Try something soft. R. Kelly maybe? This album recieved good critics but didn't sell very well. Not the first or the last one with such status... Half of the people ignore ONYX and the rest are amazed...:mad:
H.N.I.C-Prodigy
--monotone, boring thug crap. you're not nas
I would describe this album as an experimental. He tried to make something different than infamous sound that he and Havoc used to make... Solo albums are not always the best way to show your individuality.
The Realness-Cormega
--cormega is boring.
Cormega boring??? This album is a legendary. A lot of 'artists' with big budget and amazing list of producers can't get close to what's he doing. Only a few are capable to compare with Mega these days...
The War Report-Capone N Noreaga
--two average talent guys who i would never spend a dollar on
It's a matter of taste. I wouldn't doubt their talent. They already established themselves as an elders in the game... I found them very inspirational to me...

7 Syns

I like most of those records, I haven't heard Ja's VVV for ages and the Nore/Cap one isn't for me. Nore always sounds like a toddler trying to rap in my view, dude sounds stupid. I admitt he has a good flow but his rhymes are awful.

peace.

Bobby Sands

-some good songs, but in the end he's no rae or ghost
Just noticed that comment.I think Deck is a superior lyricist to Raekwon and Ghostface.He shouldve have been one of the first of the Wu to release a solo album.Its a shame he didnt.Its also a pity that RZA didnt do anything on his albums.

Dante, we see that u find Wu-Tang boring. Thats shitty.

Wu-Tang is for dark, dreary nights. Wu-Tang doesnt make u get up and move, Wu-Tang makes u sit and obsorb. Thats why I love them. Theyre laid back and the effort is on the words. I find these albums u call boring, relaxing, and easy to escape to. They take me on a journey and i dont have to go song searching, like i do on other albums.

Tupac the Great. INS is a top notch lyricist. I think he is on the level of Rae and Ghost, talentwise. It just all depends on which style of rapping u enjoy the most. Wu is a well rounded group.

HiGhTillDeaTH said:

Wu-Tang is for dark, dreary nights. Wu-Tang doesnt make u get up and move, Wu-Tang makes u sit and obsorb. Thats why I love them. Theyre laid back and the effort is on the words. I find these albums u call boring, relaxing, and easy to escape to. They take me on a journey and i dont have to go song searching, like i do on other albums.

Tupac the Great. INS is a top notch lyricist. I think he is on the level of Rae and Ghost, talentwise. It just all depends on which style of rapping u enjoy the most. Wu is a well rounded group.
Great comment High.:thumb:

AmerikazMost

HiGhTillDeaTH said:
On Wu albums, he's preforms arguably the best of all of them.

Dante

Meyer & Dante Best Friends4eva
HiGhTillDeaTH said:
well not really... i bought 36 before it was actually released, and have every wu album until about 2000. i just got tired of the sound so i stopped being a loyal follower (if you know what the u-wu is you know i'm o.g. wu). i stick with my favorites now - k.p., rza, rae and ghost. method man was overexposed, and while i agree that deck and others may be good lyricists (u-god killed wu forever), the packaging of their solo projects was just uninteresting to me. if you compare a horseshit album like no said date to something like ironman there's simply no comparison.

maybe it's because i started listening arguably when hip hop started, with my first retail buy being run dmc's debut tape the day it dropped... who knows. all i know is that compared to the 80's and 90's hip hop wasn't so constructed and premeditated as it is now, and that transparency makes me hate most of the new music i hear. i'll always support the artists who came up in this timeframe, but albums like golden arms redemption seem like they're just made to be made, with no real innovation or attraction.

^ yeah Golden Arms was very dissapointing to me but I felt like most of the beats were on point, but U-God just really annoys the hell out of me. He flow is different i give him that, but he is very monotone. Masta Killas album could of been a lot better, but i was still satisfied with it. MK's album is no where near any Ghost album. But i have a bias towards Ghost. Ghost is turning out to be one of my favorite rappers of all time.

I didnt catch onto Wu until after Forever came out. But I never gave them a chance. Right after they hooked me in with forever, i was on the search for everything Wu-Tang, and Wu-tang affiliates. Theyre style just speaks to me personally.

I just wonder why the wu keeps fucking around with cappadonna. I thought cappa was sueing RZA or something along those lines.

Dante said:
well not really... i bought 36 before it was actually released, and have every wu album until about 2000. i just got tired of the sound so i stopped being a loyal follower (if you know what the u-wu is you know i'm o.g. wu). i stick with my favorites now - k.p., rza, rae and ghost. method man was overexposed, and while i agree that deck and others may be good lyricists (u-god killed wu forever), the packaging of their solo projects was just uninteresting to me. if you compare a horseshit album like no said date to something like ironman there's simply no comparison.

maybe it's because i started listening arguably when hip hop started, with my first retail buy being run dmc's debut tape the day it dropped... who knows. all i know is that compared to the 80's and 90's hip hop wasn't so constructed and premeditated as it is now, and that transparency makes me hate most of the new music i hear. i'll always support the artists who came up in this timeframe, but albums like golden arms redemption seem like they're just made to be made, with no real innovation or attraction.

I'm feeling you on that.. I was a huge Wu fan since they dropped 36, but I kinda started getting bored with the sound when Deck dropped his solo and rza dropped bobby digital... think that was like '98 or so... Only Built for Cuban Links, Liquid Swords, Tical, etc were all great albums, but i think after 98' i got sick of rza's beats and stopped buying their shit.. I still listen to their old stuff though, especially liquid swords which i think is the best wu solo, followed by Only Built..

Ghostface's Fishscale im impressed though..I can listen thru the album pretty much with only skippin 1 or 2 songs... I honestly think everything he made after "Ironman" was pretty weak. (Hightilidie is bout to hate on my for sayin that :laugh: ) I dunno, I just wasnt feeling Supreme Clientele, Bulletproof Wallets, and the PT album but i admit i only listened to the latter two for maybe 10 minutes each so maybe i missed something..

Pretty much all my fav. rap songs are from '94 to '99... I guess cuz thats when i was a teenager and was havin fun when they were in heavy rotation...

Tupac Tha Great said:
At The Speed of Life-Xzibit
Blacktrash-The Autobiography of Kirk Jones-Sticky Fingaz
Heavy Mental-Killah Priest
Here To Save You All-Chino XL
No Said Date-Masta Killa
Quality Control-Jurassic 5
Rip The Jacker-Canibus
Silent Weapons For Quiet Wars-Killarmy
State Of The Arts-Afu Ra
The Marshall Mathers LP-Eminem
The Realness-Cormega
Uncontrolled Substance-Inspectah Deck
Warriorz-MOP

These are the ones from your list that I think should be called classic

LOL fataldawg, no hate here. U listen to the wu as u wish sir. The way i feel about ghostface is that if u like one of his albums, u should like all of them. I dont know exactly what it is about ghostface, but i think he is an INCREDIBLE artist. He goes about his shit differently, puts his heart into it, usues original ryhmes and vivid words, tells stories, his voice is a damn instrument. I appreciate what he does cause the shit is what i look for in every artist, its why im here at streethop. Thanks to pac.

Bobby Sands

I like Ghostface but he isnt my favourite.All his albums are good with Ironman being my favourite and Bulletproof Wallets being my least favourite.Bulletproof Wallets is still pretty good though.

I like them all because they are all a lot different but yet he still has the same style. I like them because he gets real experimental and tries to do some original new shit on each album.

Tito

Xzibit, MOP, Masta Killah and Lost Boyz are the only albums that I really liked.

Lost Boyz is the only classic album of the whole list IMO.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.