Opinions on these.Classics maybe.

Bobby Sands

What do u guys think of these albums.Do they deserve classic status?

6 Feet Deeps-Gravediggaz
A Gangster and A Gentleman-Styles P
aka Da Rugged Child-Shyheim
At The Speed of Life-Xzibit
Blacktrash-The Autobiography of Kirk Jones-Sticky Fingaz
H.N.I.C-Prodigy
Heavy Mental-Killah Priest
Here To Save You All-Chino XL
Legal Drug Money-Lost Boys
Manchild-Shyheim
No Said Date-Masta Killa
Quality Control-Jurassic 5
Rip The Jacker-Canibus
Silent Weapons For Quiet Wars-Killarmy
State Of The Arts-Afu Ra
The Marshall Mathers LP-Eminem
The Realness-Cormega
The War Report-Capone N Noreaga
Uncontrolled Substance-Inspectah Deck
Venni Vetti Vecci-Ja Rule
Warriorz-MOP

Those are some albums i have that i really like.Which ones do you think are classics.I find these albums to be under-rated.

AmerikazMost

The only one I would consider to be a classic would be MMLP. Though I do like a lot of the others, they're not necessarily consisently great throughout, and even those that are haven't made the impact on hip-hop that say a Paid in Full or a 3 Feet High and Rising have made.

Tupac Tha Great said:
Im feeling these... Theirs 3 or 4 on that list I havent heard though..

The Realness had that song "Forced My Hand", right? Damn that song was sick.. I used to have that on replay when I first heard it.. I think tragedy khadafi was on it too.. just cant remember the album...

xxx

i think MOP Warriorz was damn good. MMLP would be better without a few corny songs. Styles P was no where near classic.

I agree with all the people that said realness was a classic i love that album. My fav song has always been "glory days" from that album.

Tupac Tha Great said:
State Of The Arts-Afu Ra
The Realness-Cormega
No doubt these are great albums, but not 'classic' in the strictest definition of the word. But like I said, great albums that deserve more credit..although recently I've found myself liking 'The Testament' more than 'The Realness' for some reason.

Personally, Quality Control and State of The Arts are amongst my favourite albums.

Theyre all really good albums, to be classics it has to be obvious. Because u made this thread shows they arent classics. Classics are undeniable.

They are all top notch albums ecspecially-Killarmy, INS, MEGA,Masta Killa,and Ja Rule.

The closest classic to m would have to be venni vetti vecci. Ja Rule has never come close to repeating an album like that.

jasedwads

On probation, please report any break in the guidl
HiGhTillDeaTH said:
Theyre all really good albums, to be classics it has to be obvious. Because u made this thread shows they arent classics. Classics are undeniable.

They are all top notch albums ecspecially-Killarmy, INS, MEGA,Masta Killa,and Ja Rule.

The closest classic to m would have to be venni vetti vecci. Ja Rule has never come close to repeating an album like that.
totally agree about the that, although I prefer 336 to VVV.never really liked anything after that from ja rule.

Also I dont think MM is classic, its a good album but I find all his work is good, but theres always to dodgy shit in there, which will change my opinion on being a classic.

I think Immortal technique vol 2 is classic.

But its all just opinions in the end, if you serched through the internet you would not find a list of classic albums. :hungry:

Tupac Tha Great said:

Definitly not close to being classics, styles album was a huge disapointment it felt to me like a mixtape filled with skits and weak quest appearences. Xzibits album was average and KP's let down by poor production.

No Said Date-Masta Killa
Rip The Jacker-Canibus
The Realness-Cormega
^^Although not classics in the true sense of the word (illmatic, ready to die....) these are all very very good records espically the war report and cormegas.

Dante

Meyer & Dante Best Friends4eva
Tupac Tha Great said:
What do u guys think of these albums.Do they deserve classic status?

6 Feet Deeps-Gravediggaz
H.N.I.C-Prodigy
Manchild-Shyheim
No Said Date-Masta Killa
Rip The Jacker-Canibus
State Of The Arts-Afu Ra
The Realness-Cormega
Warriorz-MOP

Those are some albums i have that i really like.Which ones do you think are classics.I find these albums to be under-rated.
i'm going to be so bold as to say you are either crazy or on crack. calling anything styles p has made a "classic" is like saying that bizarre is a little chunky. you also have a very apparent bias toward not only a certain period in hip hop, but also the north east coast, obviously.

6 Feet Deeps-Gravediggaz
--great album, opened a lot of doors, but really this is just rza and paul's responsibility
--when i read this i almost puked, then i laughed
--easily forgettable album. pretty much only even knew his name form his wu affil.
--like your only west album and it's average.
--i don't like to be yelled at
H.N.I.C-Prodigy
--monotone, boring thug crap. you're not nas.
--one of my personal favorites, slightly depressing album, but no one knows of this album so it's not classic
--longwinded punchline songs that are overall empty in content. he says "like" or "as" about 5 zillion times.
--rene was the best song and it was a remix not on the album lol. ok album, i'd never play it again though.
Manchild-Shyheim
--shyheim fan are we? this was like listening to kriss with out the kross for me.
No Said Date-Masta Killa
--masta killa is monotone and boring. there's a reason he was the last wu solo. even u-god's crap was better.
--good album, but not a classic
Rip The Jacker-Canibus
--every 6 months we all say damn he has another album out? three good songs, 7 filler songs.
--booooring. 9th prince sounds like a retard and baretta 9's balls never dropped. sound like kids playing wu-tang.
State Of The Arts-Afu Ra
--his video cut was ok, but yeah that's about it
--amazing album. full of anger. flawless minus real slim shady.
The Realness-Cormega
--cormega is boring.
--two average talent guys who i would never spend a dollar on
--some good songs, but in the end he's no rae or ghost
--come on. yeah people were bumping this, but once his street cred was exposed shortly after we all laughed at it
Warriorz-MOP
--someone tell them to stop yelling. every song sounds like antie up.

sorry i just destroyed your list, but seriously, only like one or two deserve to be called classics, and even then i'd use that term very sparingly.

what's a classic? kings of rock is a classic. compton is a classic. the purple tape is classic. it's the albums that other rappers imitate, not the ones we forget about in a month.

Bobby Sands

Styles P was no where near classic.
I agree,and i shouldnt have included that one.
Definitly not close to being classics, styles album was a huge disapointment it felt to me like a mixtape filled with skits and weak quest appearences. Xzibits album was average and KP's let down by poor production.
I love Xzibit's At The Speed Of Life.

I think Heavy Mental is a great album though.Didnt RZA produce most of it.?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.