OK I got something to say

Since this forum is the forum where hip-hop fans come together and talk about their views on artists albums and the entire industry I thought it would be nice to talk to you guys...I could have pm'd all of you but that would just be too much work but let's talk about ur taste...

I sometimes get the feeling some of you hate on albums and artists too fast and too much..Better yet some of you don't rate albums right..I have seen a dude say a decent album was 4.5 mics let's hope that was a typo...

I get the feeling people only want to hear 5 mic albums...I get the feeling people only want to hear the best hip-hop that is out..
Im like don't..You don't want that you are only gonna hate something you could easily like..
My point is some of you raise the bar too high...Let me explain that..

A voice of a rapper I think ppl still use this as an excuse to not listen to a rapper. A voice isn't that relevant.. Don't let a voice turn you off..That's ridiculous! Same thing with 'I don't hear the passion when he raps' That is some bullshit too don't let it turn you off...

What is wrong with bumping a 2 mic album? Nothing if an album fits ya mood you can easily like it..Every album has a fucntion of entertainment in it all you have to do is listen to the album at least 2 times without dissing it right after the 1st time...

That's all you can like the shittiest albums with the shittiest beats...
All you gotta do is look 4 something you like and from that point you can start for more things you like..

I am not saying you should force yourself to like an album..I ask you to give albums some time..Don't like the album now? Ok just don't delete it..Let it stay on ya computer for a while and listen to it when you need some new music...

That's all feel free to disagree^ or agree or if you want to add something to this thread do it...So now I have shared what I do when I don't like an album...I give it time..I wonder if there's more ppl who do that and offcourse I would like to hear from you.. I also would like to see some posts from members who don't give albums time...like if it's wack it's wack...end of discussion I wanna see those 2 groups in 1 thread...

7 Syns

Word.

I'd like to see people also try give some other shit a chance. Shit they wouldn't usually listen to. You can't expand your mind if you choose to stick in the same corner.

peace.

7 Syns

By the way One MC One DJ if you aren't feeling a thread don't go in there and curse it and it's threadstarter like you been doing recently. If you dislike, you dislike. But you have to understand it's them same old repeatitve threads which are the beginning for alot of new hip-hop listener's horizon'sbeing expanded.

Example a only Pac, DMX, 50 and Jigga rap fan goes into a thread. See's an album being named by some guy called let's say One Be Lo. He decide's to download some of his work and likes it, from that point he realized his been missing out on alotta hot shit outhere. His horizons slowly but surely start expanding.

So if ya dislike just keep out. This isn't a warning but a friendly reminder that you will eventually get banned for shit you been doing. So keep ya head above it all and do you.

Opinions are always welcomed but don't ruin it for others.

You get the drift homey? Yeh? Cool.

peace

Mase

I agree with alot of the shit you said.
However, I think that a voice plays a bigger part in judging and artist than you just suggested. If I don't like an artist's voice then I can't really hack them, e.g Mystikal or DMX (DMX is also plain wack lyrically). Alot of your post is true, like that passion bullshit but I think that personal taste has a lot to do with impressions on an album/artist aswell. If an artist isn't your taste or you don't dig their voice, then you can't really expect someone to bump them.

7 Syns said:
By the way One MC One DJ if you aren't feeling a thread don't go in there and curse it and it's threadstarter like you been doing recently. If you dislike, you dislike. But you have to understand it's them same old repeatitve threads which are the beginning for alot of new hip-hop listener's horizon'sbeing expanded.

Example a only Pac, DMX, 50 and Jigga rap fan goes into a thread. See's an album being named by some guy called let's say One Be Lo. He decide's to download some of his work and likes it, from that point he realized his been missing out on alotta hot shit outhere. His horizons slowly but surely start expanding.

So if ya dislike just keep out. This isn't a warning but a friendly reminder that you will eventually get banned for shit you been doing. So keep ya head above it all and do you.

peace

Yeah uhh yesterday i was kinda sick of that shit.. I didn't even wanna post on this board ne more but I got bored...But uhh I read what LOk said so I made this thread...I won't do it again it's useless..

7 Syns said:

peace

I agree with 7syns....plus wheter a voice makes a big difference, thats a matter of taste and you shouldnt dictate that......live and let live!

AmerikazMost

one mc on dj said:
Yeah uhh yesterday i was kinda sick of that shit.. I didn't even wanna post on this board ne more but I got bored...But uhh I read what LOk said so I made this thread...I won't do it again it's useless..
Good :thumb:

I'm wondering if the guy who made this thread was the same guy from yesterday, because this actually sounds reasonable. :D

This is why I made that other thread. If you say "Recommend an album," all you're gonna get is "All Eyez On Me" and "Doggystyle," but if people go into everything they got, then it doesn't set limits to what you could be introduced to. :thumb:

iono mayne, the voice is alot. i like artists with horrible voices, who can barely spit... but have good lyrics that i listen to. but voice plays a major role in rather or not people will like yo shit.

It was never about the voice part...I say every album has his good moments and it's bad don't let a fucked up voice screw it up 4 you...Look @ canibus the man has a terrible ( which you get used to after a while) but his rhymes are good..

one mc on dj said:
Since this forum is the forum where hip-hop fans come together and talk about their views on artists albums and the entire industry I thought it would be nice to talk to you guys...I could have pm'd all of you but that would just be too much work but let's talk about ur taste...

I sometimes get the feeling some of you hate on albums and artists too fast and too much..Better yet some of you don't rate albums right..I have seen a dude say a decent album was 4.5 mics let's hope that was a typo...

I get the feeling people only want to hear 5 mic albums...I get the feeling people only want to hear the best hip-hop that is out..
Im like don't..You don't want that you are only gonna hate something you could easily like..

A voice of a rapper I think ppl still use this as an excuse to not listen to a rapper. A voice isn't that relevant.. Don't let a voice turn you off..That's ridiculous! Same thing with 'I don't hear the passion when he raps' That is some bullshit too don't let it turn you off...

What is wrong with bumping a 2 mic album? Nothing if an album fits ya mood you can easily like it..Every album has a fucntion of entertainment in it all you have to do is listen to the album at least 2 times without dissing it right after the 1st time...

All you gotta do is look 4 something you like and from that point you can start for more things you like..

I am not saying you should force yourself to like an album..I ask you to give albums some time..Don't like the album now? Ok just don't delete it..Let it stay on ya computer for a while and listen to it when you need some new music...
Bullshit.

i try to give everything at least 2 listens, and i try to listen to music as soon as it comes out so i am not listening with other people's opinions in my head...and to be honest this board has opened me up to quite a few rappers i never listened too like Talib Kweli, Masta Ace, Papoose (who after i read about here i heard a track on sirius and would have looked for anyhow), Crooked I (whom i had heard of but never really listened to) and more. but i have to speak on the voice issue also, if i can't stand your voice (your example of canibus hit the nail on the head) i can't listen to you rap, you could be telling me the cure to cancer in your rap, and if i do not like your voice i would never hear it.
i would rather hear a great rapper over wack beats, than a bad voice over great beats

I am a serious music listener. So when i go out and buy a cd i always try and give it a chance. Some days I am in the mood to hear certain things and somedays things sound better to me then they do others. But there are those albums out there that the first time u hear them u know that u will never like them. Some albums really grow on me and I have found out that my taste of rap has changed a lot with my age.

For example, when i first got that Kurupt Space Boogie Smoke Oddesy and put it in I was like WTF? i only liked a few songs on it. So i ended up selling it to a cd warehouse to get some money along with all my other cds at the time. That was a shitty move on my part. Cause i just recently re-purchased the album and it is extremly better than i thought it was when i had heard it for the first time... shit maybe i was just havin a bad day or somethin at that time, i dont know what i was thinkin.

So i am always trying to atleast give things a chance at least more than one complete listen.

As for voice and passion, they are very key in what rappers i like. I dont think that passion thing is bullshit, it just all depends on who you are listenin to, and what you have come to expect from a certain artist.

I think that it is just all opinion if u want to hear passion then u listen to pac if u wanna hear club bangers u flip on the radio.

I do put the bar to high but sometimes i wonder if certain rappers dont set their standards high enough. Like for example, i cant understand how a rapper could put out songs on their albums that they themselves dont think are that good. I understand that you cant make every song a classic, but some songs are just soooo corny and so predicible its like why did u even make that song?

Good music is good music, while some take longer to realize what they feel is good or not, it all comes down to what fits your individual style, and if someone wants to listen to an album once and decide they hate it and shatter it on the spot, go ahead, cause it wont influence the way i personally feel about that album

Tonio1986 said:
Bullshit.
How exactly is that bullshit? You see I could have a nice discussion with you...if this is some sort of payback for whatever I have done in ur threads just say it LOL...I think it is pretty funny you say it's bullshit when ur the dj here :rolleyes:

yeah i give most albums a chance -even on the shittest albums...like 50 Cents new album....i found at least 1 song on their that i like...

then again, u do get perfect albums like Common's - Be....i can listen to that shit inside out -man i wish more artists put as much work into their music as Common.

one mc on dj said:
How exactly is that bullshit? You see I could have a nice discussion with you...if this is some sort of payback for whatever I have done in ur threads just say it LOL...I think it is pretty funny you say it's bullshit when ur the dj here :rolleyes:
hahaaha, lol... You are my favourite asshole on this board haha.

linx

Staff member
Word @ 7Syns.

The thing is, people are always going to like different things. You won't ever catch someone who likes everything that you do, it just won't happen. There's nothing wrong with bumping a 2 mic album if that's what you wanna listen to. The problem with alot of dudes is they don't like to give other shit a chance. Alot of times when others give shit a chance, they don't give it ENOUGH of a chance. Then there's just the haters that will dislike Jay because of his beef with Nas and they'll praise Nas as the best rapper ever.

I won't get into that hater shit though, everyone knows about that. What you gotta do when listening to artists though, is listen to different artists for different reasons. This might seem like some obvious shti i'm saying, but you'd be suprized how many people just DON'T do this. For instance, i'll listen to Canibus if I wanna hear some really lyrical shit. If I wanna hear someone killing hooks and just killing a song overall, i'll bump some 50 Cent. Why? Dude makes some sick music. If I wanna hear a combination of some dope lyrical shit with good songs, i'll bump some Big Pun or Rakim. I think the shit that I enjoy the most myself is the hiphop with the soulful type sound. Producers like 9th Wonder, Nicolay, Khrysis etc. That type of music puts me into a really chill type mood and I love to kick back and listen to it. It's really mellow. I was never a FAN of Juelz Santana, but I got his Back Like Cooked Crack 2 mixtape and whoa ..it's dope! Definitely some good music.

Ya feel me? So rather then listen to an artist and say like "hey could be better IF", just think about what I said. Of course there will be times where you might think something like that and that's not always a bad thing, but if you tend to have a reason to listen to someone, I think it works out better. I don't listen to 50 and think he should try to become a better rapper, I just think he should continue to make hot music, Of course there are those artists out there you just won't get into and that's fine, but giving shit a chance is the best way to find out if you'd really like them or not

one mc on dj said:

That's all feel free to disagree^ or agree or if you want to add something to this thread do it...So now I have shared what I do when I don't like an album...I give it time..I wonder if there's more ppl who do that and offcourse I would like to hear from you.. I also would like to see some posts from members who don't give albums time...like if it's wack it's wack...end of discussion I wanna see those 2 groups in 1 thread...
yea true, id buy an album if theres at least 2 tracks i reallly like, that might seem drastic, but theres a huge difference for me between "feeling" and appreciating. theres albums i am feelin only 1 track but really enjoy every song on it. that maybe doesnt make sense unless your me.

btw when it comes to people are preachin about "opening up" and giving new music a try and "missing out" and so on, i really do hope your listening to all genre's or else there contradicting themselves terriblly, very drastically

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.