New Nas album to be titled "NIGGA"

jbrolax

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gos...6p-329285c.html

Nas' new album:
In a word, race-y

Rapper Nas is working on his new album, and he's trying to get the word out.
The N-word, that is.

The hip-hop provocateur tells us he's planning on calling the CD simply "N-." Except, he'll be filling in the blank.

"That's the name right now," he said. Just to make sure we didn't mishear him, he spelled the racist epithet for us.

"I don't care about sales," he explained at Wednesday's MAC Cosmetics party for Sean (Diddy) Combs' new fragrance, Unforgivable. "Well, tonight I don't. I never was a big sales dude, so it never really mattered."

The slur, formerly used by Southern lynch mobs, has become a common greeting among black youth. But the Rev. Al Sharpton, also at the Core Club party, still finds it profoundly offensive.

"I'm astonished by the psychological gymnastics some people perform to make that self-denigrating word acceptable," he told us. "No other race does it. Why is it accepted? In an industry that makes Michael Jackson take out a word that was offensive to Jewish people, why does it sanitize a word that continues to be used by the Ku Klux Klan when it attacks our people?"

Last night, Jana Fleishman, a spokeswoman for Nas' label, Def Jam, was taken aback when we informed her of the proposed title. But after talking with the rapper, she said he changed his tune. "Nas says he was being facetious. He just started recording last week."

Meanwhile, Nas and Diddy were both amused to see Kanye West portraying himself as Jesus Christ on the cover of Rolling Stone. A 1999 video aping the Crucifixion had the two older rappers hanging on crosses.

Asked if Kanye stole their idea, Nas said, "I loaned it to him."

Diddy agreed: "It was a cool cover to me. I'm a fan of his, so it's all good."

jbrolax

haunted said:
I heard it was called nigger.
hmm i didnt think of that, that would probley make more sense...

Its funny how he says its never been about album sales for him which i can understand but with a album name like that im sure theyll be plenty of controversy...

PELLA

lets just hope it lives up to its hype. I dont want Nas, Jay-Z etc etc telling us its gonna be a dope album, when in fact, its gonna end up sounding terrible like Nas' "Nastradamus"

jbrolax said:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gos...6p-329285c.html

Meanwhile, Nas and Diddy were both amused to see Kanye West portraying himself as Jesus Christ on the cover of Rolling Stone. A 1999 video aping the Crucifixion had the two older rappers hanging on crosses.

Asked if Kanye stole their idea, Nas said, "I loaned it to him."

Diddy agreed: "It was a cool cover to me. I'm a fan of his, so it's all good."
What about 2pac on the cross. He did it b4 both of em....

Well jesus did it b4 every1 eles.

"To all the white people out there : Buy my album! Buy my album!!
Just don't EVER say the name of it and don't repeat any of the lyrics"

That was a hypothetical quote of NAS.

It is stupid to name it that and everywhere you turn there seems to be racism and he wants to name the album that?

That just shows the double standard of racism.

ARon

But after talking with the rapper, she said he changed his tune. "Nas says he was being facetious. He just started recording last week."

Streets Disciple was nowhere near terrible. Neither was Nastradamus, it was very average though. Both have some quality tracks, a lot of em really.

I'm hoping there's some sort of political statement made on the album, because titling it something that is still degrading for the hell of it would be messed up.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Think_ThuGLiFE said:
What about 2pac on the cross. He did it b4 both of em....

Well jesus did it b4 every1 eles.

Apparently he wasn't at the release party so they couldn't get a quote from him. As Nas and Diddy were, they ran with them.

MATW95 said:
I'm hoping there's some sort of political statement made on the album, because titling it something that is still degrading for the hell of it would be messed up.
same here,

oh yeah too confucius, i disagree with you, agree with hellrazor05 sd was weak, i place stillmatic, i am, gods son, and the lost tapes above it, i personally thought it was his 2nd to worst, coming after nastradamus.

ARon

But after talking with the rapper, she said he changed his tune. "Nas says he was being facetious. He just started recording last week."

Seriously, did no one read this part.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.