New Eminem - When i'm Gone (Radio Rip)

I love eminem. Call me a cracker but I'm seriously going to be depressed when he calls it quits. I read that this dropped at school today and I've been looking forward 2 coming home and d/l this and I'm very pleased.

Breath of fresh air? Definitely.

BizzleDizzle said:
Hate on Em's last album all you want.. i'm right there with you.. But this song is off the Curtain Call greatest hits album coming out.. and it's hot.. the song is deep as fuck. Link and Lyrics below.

When Im Gone Lyrics - Eminem
CD: Eminem - Curtain Call
Producer: Eminem
Last Edited: 07 Nov 2005

---------------------------------------

Yeh...
It's My Life...
The Only One I Guess...

[ Verse 1 ]

Have you ever loved someone so much, you'd give an arm for?
Not the expression, No ... literally give an arm for?
When they know they're your heart and you know your are their armor
And you will destroy anyone who would try and harm her
But what happens when karma, turns right around and bites you?
And everything you stand for turns on you to spite you
What happens when you become the main source of a pain
Daddy look what I made, Dad's gotta go catch a plane
Daddy where's mummy? I can't find mummy where is she?
I don't know go play hayley baby, ya daddy's busy
Daddy's writing this song, this song ain't gonna write itself
I'll give you one ???, then you gotta swing by yourself
Then turn right around on that song and tell her you love her
Then put hands of her mother who's a splitting image of her.
That's Slim Shady, Yeh baby Slim Shady's crazy
Shady made me, but tonight shady's rock-a-by baby

[ Chorus ] x2

And when I'm gone just carry on don't mourn
Rejoice every time you hear the sound of my voice
Just know that I'm looking down on you smiling
And I ain't gonna feel a thing, So baby don't feel no pain just smile back

[ Verse 2 ]

I keep having this dream, I'm pushing Hayley on the swings
She keeps screaming, she don't want me to sing
You're making mummy cry, Why? Why is mummy crying
Baby daddy ain't leaving no more, daddy you're lying
You always say that, you always say this is the last time
But you ain't leaving no more, Daddy you're mine
She's piling boxes in front of the door trying to block it
Daddy please, daddy don't leave, daddy, noo stop it
Go's in her pocket, pulls out a tiny necklace locket
It's got a picture, It'll keep you safe daddy take it with ya
I look up, it's just me standing in the mirror
These sinking walls must be talking cause man I can hear 'em.
They're saying "You've got one more chance to do right" and it's tonight
Now go out there and show that you love 'em before it's too late
And just as I go to walk out my bedroom door
It's turns to a stage, they're gone and this spotlight is on,
And I'm singing...

[ Chorus ]

[ Verse 3 ]

Sixty thousand people, all jumping out their seats
The curtain closes, they're throwing roses at my feet
I take a bow and thank you all for coming out
The scream is so loud, I take one last look at the crowd
I glance down, I don't believe what I'm seeing
Daddy it's me, help mummy her wrists are bleeding
But baby we're in Sweden, how did you get to Sweden
I followed you daddy, you told me that you weren't leaving
You lied to me dad, and now you make mummy sad
And I bought you this coin, it says 'Number One Dad'
That's all I wanted, I just want to give you this coin
I get the point, fine me and mummy are going
But baby wait, It's too late dad you made the choice
Now go up there and show 'em that you love 'em more than us
That's what they want, they want you Marshall they keep screaming your name
It's no wonder you can't go to sleep, just take another pill
Yeh I bet you you will. You rap about it yeah, word, keep it real
I hear applause, all this time I couldn't see
How could it be, that the curtain is closing on me
I turn around, find a gun on the ground
Put it to my brain and scream 'Die Shady!' and pump it
This ??? My life flashes
The plane what I was supposed to be on crashes and burns to ashes
That's when I wake up, A long hot spring and there's birds singing,
It's brilliant, Hayley's outside swinging, I walk up to Kim and kiss her.
Tell her I miss her
Hayley just smiles and winks at her little sister
Almost as if to say...

[ Chorus ] x2

* Curtains Closing... *
incredibly meh

ARon

Pretty good song, not incredible or anything, I can see this being big though. Lots of emotion and people like that and feel something deep no matter how bad it is but this wasnt bad, pretty good song.
By the way, its not,
And I ain't gonna feel a thing
Its,
And I didnt feel a thing

I am an eminem fan, but I dont really like the song. Good to see him releasing another serious song, but I dont think he sounds good when he raps slow.

Bigg Limn

Staff member
This file has been downloaded 5189 times already.
lol

Songs actually sicc. I aint listened to Eminem for several years now, but if this is a reflection of how the greatest hits will be I may have 2 cop that. I like the different tone of the hook - verses r depressed, the hook is sposed 2 be uplifting listen 2/read the lyrics

I really, really like this song, but I must say that I think Eminem is exaggerating his relationship with his daughter it a bit, probably trying to get listeners to get all emotional. I really doubt that the problems between him and his daughter are that intense. But whatever, it's all good, I still like the song and I'll probably still buy it. Obviously rappers make shit up and exaggerate, but usually when it comes to songs about personal issues ("Dear Mama" by Pac, "All That I Got Is You" by Ghostface, etc.), they usually try to keep it as accurate as possible. Just opinion.

And before you guys try to diss me, remember I said that I really liked the song.

DeeezNuuuts83 said:
I really, really like this song, but I must say that I think Eminem is exaggerating his relationship with his daughter it a bit, probably trying to get listeners to get all emotional. I really doubt that the problems between him and his daughter are that intense. But whatever, it's all good, I still like the song and I'll probably still buy it. Obviously rappers make shit up and exaggerate, but usually when it comes to songs about personal issues ("Dear Mama" by Pac, "All That I Got Is You" by Ghostface, etc.), they usually try to keep it as accurate as possible. Just opinion.

And before you guys try to diss me, remember I said that I really liked the song.
i don't agree at all... exaggeration is saying "i drive a bentley and fuck 10 hoes a night"... I dont think this song is exaggerated at all.. if anything.. songs like dear mama and all that i got is you, are exaggerated more, because you always hear the "i used to eat sugar water, have no food.. no tv's.. no heat, it was so cold.. blah blah blah".. and honestly, that's hard to believe. But when you hear that Em's daughter was upset because he's on the road so much.. blah blah.. what kid wouldn't be upset. To me that's more realistic than glorifying how rough you had it...

just my opinion.. and not to downplay songs like pac and ghostfaces, but we've heard them a million times... you never hear rappers talking about relationships with their children.

BizzleDizzle said:
i don't agree at all... exaggeration is saying "i drive a bentley and fuck 10 hoes a night"... I dont think this song is exaggerated at all.. if anything.. songs like dear mama and all that i got is you, are exaggerated more, because you always hear the "i used to eat sugar water, have no food.. no tv's.. no heat, it was so cold.. blah blah blah".. and honestly, that's hard to believe. But when you hear that Em's daughter was upset because he's on the road so much.. blah blah.. what kid wouldn't be upset. To me that's more realistic than glorifying how rough you had it...

just my opinion.. and not to downplay songs like pac and ghostfaces, but we've heard them a million times... you never hear rappers talking about relationships with their children.
The example you gave isn't an example of exaggeration, it's an example of lying since it's not magnifying the truth, it's painting a picture of something imaginary.

I don't doubt that Em's daughter gets upset about that and I don't doubt that Em probably felt bad about it as a father, but I really doubt she handed him a locket and said that, I doubt that she piled boxes in front of the door, etc.

There have been a few rap songs about their children... Will Smith's "Just the Two of Us" (even though I don't like Will Smith anymore), numerous Pac songs (even though they were dedicated to the kids he never had), Xzibit's "Sorry I'm Away So Much", probably some other ones.

AmerikazMost

Shot 21 said:
By the lyrics it sounds like a Mockingbird part 2. But Thats when Eminem is at his best. On some real shit.
Nah man, fuck that. Eminem's at his best when he's playing with the language. When I think of Eminem, I think of lyrical ability, not deep content. There's nothing special about this song lyrically at all, and that's how he started to fall off. Yeah, it's a good song because it's got some major content in it, but does this make you anticipate any of his other new songs? No, because he doesn't show you that he still has the ability to be creative any longer.

AmerikazMost said:
Nah man, fuck that. Eminem's at his best when he's playing with the language. When I think of Eminem, I think of lyrical ability, not deep content. There's nothing special about this song lyrically at all, and that's how he started to fall off. Yeah, it's a good song because it's got some major content in it, but does this make you anticipate any of his other new songs? No, because he doesn't show you that he still has the ability to be creative any longer.
Agreed. Even though it has been said 1000 times, I much prefer the Infinite, SSLP, MMLP eminem.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.