NBA bans Hip-Hop fashion

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
Tru Principal, wearing a suit makes you look professionnal and serious about a job. The first impression is always the strongest point when it comes to a business. Followed by Attitude.

If you come in wearing a pair of Rocawear jeans, hoodie and Timbs, at an interview, it's like you didn't prepare for it or do not look enthousiastic about it.

Wearing a suit looks like you took the time, to choose a suit and get dressed nicely. Any mother fucker can pull up a pair of jeans, throw on their timbs and put on a hoodie. A suit is uncomfortable and many ppl know that, the fact you're wearing something uncomfortable shows you WANT the job and it's much more respected.

And those that bitch about judging ppl on clothes. Man shut the fuck up. You probably do it yourself. You see a guy dressed like a punker (the style) with ripped up clothes and ripped leather jackets, you laugh at his ass or try to keep a distance, and if you say you don't you're a fucking liar.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
Tru Principal, wearing a suit makes you look professionnal and serious about a job. The first impression is always the strongest point when it comes to a business. Followed by Attitude.

If you come in wearing a pair of Rocawear jeans, hoodie and Timbs, at an interview, it's like you didn't prepare for it or do not look enthousiastic about it.

Wearing a suit looks like you took the time, to choose a suit and get dressed nicely. Any mother fucker can pull up a pair of jeans, throw on their timbs and put on a hoodie. A suit is uncomfortable and many ppl know that, the fact you're wearing something uncomfortable shows you WANT the job and it's much more respected.

And those that bitch about judging ppl on clothes. Man shut the fuck up. You probably do it yourself. You see a guy dressed like a punker (the style) with ripped up clothes and ripped leather jackets, you laugh at his ass or try to keep a distance, and if you say you don't you're a fucking liar.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
By the way, what I said is coming from someone that HATES suits and dress pants and such, but certain things have to be done..

It's called life, you do shit you don't like, but you do it cause you HAVE to.

Why is it bullshit? Why do people have such a problem with athletes looking professional? Almost every other pro sport has a dress code, but no one complains about that. And like I said about Principle's post, nobody is judging them by their clothes. I said it in my first post, and I'll say it again now. It's all about appearances. Athletes should look like athletes, not like drug dealers.
What are you smoking? lol
Is it about appearences or isn't it? Isn't it all about performance on the court?
These players are paid to perform on the court. And they are paid handsomly, but they also make lots of money for their employers! Y'all make it seem too blue coller. Like these guys walked up the coach from off the street just applying for these NBA positions! lol

Yeah I was watchin da news da other day and it is kinda racist to black people. Cuz lots of black ppl where chains and its kinda racist to be forced to wear your chains inside ur shirts.

LETS GET THE E-RACISTS OUT!

^^
explain exactly how its racist? Please tell me this, I garuntee you cant provide a reasonable explanation.

If only black NBA players were forced to obide by the dress code, then yes it probally would be racist, but the ENTIRE league must obide by the dress code, that means Black, White, European, Asian, Australian players all must wear the correct attire as decided by the NBA, its as simple as that.

You have a major chip on your shoulder if you think this is racist by any means.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Greezi, IT'S NOT JUST ABOUT PERFORMANCE ON THE COURT ONLY. If it was, they wouldn't get fined for bad choices they make in their personal life, such as commiting a crime and so on. Being an NBA player is a job. Everytime they do an interview after a game, they're still on the job. Everytime they are at practice, they are on the job. Everytime they watch games with their team from the sideline, they are on the job. I can't believe you don't understand that.

Exactly what S O F I S T I K said is right, this is professional basketball, not muck around time down at the Rucker, the players should dress the part of a professional, which in this society, isnt in baggy jeans and a Jerry West throwback.

hizzle?

Staff member
Yeah I was watchin da news da other day and it is kinda racist to black people. Cuz lots of black ppl where chains and its kinda racist to be forced to wear your chains inside ur shirts.

LETS GET THE E-RACISTS OUT!

LOLLLLL this has to be the most non-coherant post ever..

first off to make this clear, NBA players are employees of the NBA, they are getting paid to do a job. Now at any normal job there are normally dress codes, do you see people going all out to protest these dress codes at walmart? hardees? shopko? NOOO!!

They go to work to get paid, after they are done with work they can change into whatever they want. I had a dress code at a gas station i worked at- no earrings, no jeans, and no visible tattoos. I didnt like the rules but i followed them because my boss told me i had to. I didnt fuck with the rules because i got paid.

i love hip hop, but hip hop is not a basketball players job. if you wanna dress hip hop at work, quit basketball and go talk to pdiddy. anyone who thinks this rule is racist is just plain fucking IGNORANT

Man you guys are all retards, since when do you watch football or bascketball and look to see if he had G-units on or not, greezi you must be some gay ass designer wanting to see all this shit and your bringin racism into this shit becoz you black, black people have made the word racism and the rules behind it an all you can do is use it against us these days, you aint shit without your mama boy, suites are THE SHIT like pac wud of told you, like snoop wud tell you etc etc etc , its just most of the time they were the hip hop gear to represent there own label or a sponser, so STFU and watch the damn game.......Next you will be complaining about what underwear that have to use, you faggots, Devious told you all once and im telling you again BITCH PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!

man bull, its not racist. have u guys not seen jason williams? plays for the heat now, he wears chains and all that, theyre not saying "all black guys wear suits" they r sayin "all players wear suits" its not racist, pay more attention. u hear "ban do-rags, jerseys, etc." and first thing u think is kill whitey. that is crazy. its a stupid rule for the nba to enforce, but its not racist. i think its the dumbest thing the nba has done since the age limit, but i dont think it is racist at all.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.