NAStraDOOMus?

7 Syns

I saw this today, never knew it existed. But why would who ever mixed this album choose Nas' worst album to do it with?

peace.

Nas' worst album with one of his best tracks: life we chose.

And no, Nas ain't doomed. :p
I think he made a good move. SD was rubbish and now he's gonna work with Scott Storch, Rakim etc. I think this could be a new start for him. Really lookin foward to his next album.

Duke

Staff member
Yeah ive got it. There are some tight cuts on there. Not devestatingly good or anything.

7 Syns said:
But why would who ever mixed this album choose Nas' worst album to do it with?
Excellent question.

I gave this a listen a month or two ago and really didn't like it. There's a sequel too that's just as bad. Yes there are one or two 'tight' tracks on there, but not the 'tight' you would expect from such a collabo.

^ Its not a diss. MF Doom is a producer/rapper, and has worked with a whole slew of artists including Ghostface. MF Doom is even doing a collabo album with Ghost himself that is due out later this year.

I havent heard it but im just assuming it is Mf doom creating new beats, or adding the MF doom touch to the already exsisting cuts.

PELLA said:
might be a diss. Nastradamus was the weakest album i think i ever bought.
Might be a bootleg.. it's made with readily availble Doom instrumentals but I'm yet to see either Vol 1 or 2 in shops.

roaches

HipHopSite assembled it as a blends disc.

I like "It Ain't Hard to Tell" over "Saliva" (that's an RJD2 beat, though, not an MF DOOM one) and the "Project Windows" one. Overall, though, it's pretty shit compared to what DOOM's done himself (Special Blends 1 and 2).

goymz said:
Then maybe you should give this a listen? It's Nas over Doom beats.

The five star mix is 'One Love'.
oh i was under the impression of doom over nas lol well i don't like mf dooms rapping or production so ill steer clear of this

Chronic said:
LMFAO. Prime example of why people think rap sucks nowadays.

The album was mixed by Max Bedroom, DOOM just okayed the sale of it. It's not very good.

Just because he doesnt like MF DOOM doesnt mean shit, it is just one artist. Why is it because you think hes the epitimy of good, and the next man doesnt, it makes u LUFAO? Tupac The Great listens to Wu-Tang and Wu-Tang affiliates. I think he knows a little something about decent flow.

Im not trying to speak for him, but fuck it, it is just one dude. Just because MF DOOM persues good music instead of Club bangers, doesnt mean we all have to like him.

Chronic

HiGhTillDeaTH said:
Just because he doesnt like MF DOOM doesnt mean shit, it is just one artist. Why is it because you think hes the epitimy of good, and the next man doesnt, it makes u LUFAO? Tupac The Great listens to Wu-Tang and Wu-Tang affiliates. I think he knows a little something about decent flow.

Im not trying to speak for him, but fuck it, it is just one dude. Just because MF DOOM persues good music instead of Club bangers, doesnt mean we all have to like him.
When did I say anything bad about him not liking DOOM? I just commented on him saying DOOM has a horrible flow.
I can understand if people find DOOM boring (he is after all an acquired taste) but saying he has a horrible flow is simply bullshit. When it comes to rating a rapper's qualities there's always room for personal preference and opinion but there's also a certain level of objectivity. And rating flow probably allows the least amount of subjecitivity.
He can say he doesn't like DOOM's flow no problem, he can even say it's not that great but to say it's horrible is like saying The RZA makes shitty beats. Fuck an opinion, it's just not true.
He has one of best flows in the industry so yes it makes me laugh when someone says he has a bad flow. Q-tips are your friend.

I'm willing to bet that Tupac Tha Great and the others that think DOOM sucks never truly bothered to listen to his music (took me two weeks before I finally learned to appreciate him and he's been my favorite rapper since then) and just think his flow sucks because he tends to slur and he sounds blunted most of the time.

People confuse flow with delivery very often. Then there's also the people that think that people who rap slow automatically have a bad flow.

Took the liberty of uploading a track:
MF DOOM - ? featuring Kurious

Now you tell me if his flow is horrible or not.

Chronic said:
When did I say anything bad about him not liking DOOM? I just commented on him saying DOOM has a horrible flow.
I can understand if people find DOOM boring (he is after all an acquired taste) but saying he has a horrible flow is simply bullshit. When it comes to rating a rapper's qualities there's always room for personal preference and opinion but there's also a certain level of objectivity. And rating flow probably allows the least amount of subjecitivity.
He can say he doesn't like DOOM's flow no problem, he can even say it's not that great but to say it's horrible is like saying The RZA makes shitty beats. Fuck an opinion, it's just not true.
He has one of best flows in the industry so yes it makes me laugh when someone says he has a bad flow. Q-tips are your friend.

I'm willing to bet that Tupac Tha Great and the others that think DOOM sucks never truly bothered to listen to his music (took me two weeks before I finally learned to appreciate him and he's been my favorite rapper since then) and just think his flow sucks because he tends to slur and he sounds blunted most of the time.

People confuse flow with delivery very often. Then there's also the people that think that people who rap slow automatically have a bad flow
If it was all bout flow or delevery or whatever we'd see Twista and any one the Bone Thugs up on alot of people's top 10.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.