Nas vs. Nas

Which version is better?

• The World Is Yours OG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The World Is Yours Remix (10th Anniversary Edition)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
one mc |one| dj o

Frank Grimes said:
man those remixes on the 10th anniversary sucked so much.
they raped the album with those remixes..I felt so shit when I told a friend of mine to check Illmatic out and he bought the remastered version. I just had to give him the older one. Broke my fuckin' heart

Frank Grimes said:
man those remixes on the 10th anniversary sucked so much.
The "Life's A Bitch' and "The World Is Yours" remixes are great I think. Especially the LAB remix, that shit is hot as hell and I think it's quite a bit better than the OG.

However, "Star Wars" and "On The Real" were terrible to me.

I just can't into MOST of these East Coast beats. I don't like that grimey underground sound. The West Coast's polished beats are so much better than most New York shit.

I listen to Illmatic MOSTLY because of Nas' rhymes. Some of the beats are good, some ok, but some are downright horrible.

2Pax said:
To me most of the illmatic beats sound the same.
To me, I won't say "most" but I will say a lot of New York beats sound the same to me. There's just no motivation in New York beats. When I hear a West Coast beat like Dr. Dre, Johnny J, QD3, DJ Pooh, Warren G., Scott Storch, Eminem (yeah, he lives in the midwest but is considered WC), Daz Dillinger and the like, that shit motivates me. It gets me bobbing my head like a mofo. It puts some spirit in me, makes me a little more lively.

However, when I hear A LOT of New York beats, they LITERALLY make me tired, they make me wanna fall asleep. They have no motivations qualities whatsoever.

i love the old ny beats, albums like illmatic, infamous, big l etc, there brilliant. remind me of rap in its purest. ill tell you, the "the world is yours' and "ny state of mind" beat is so good that im not going to continue typing

2Pax said:
To me most of the illmatic beats sound the same.
thats cause your not "feeling" them, or not your style, ALOT of albums have the same "feel" to them. its not like your going to hear a track like "the world is yours" then the next track rapping over fucking somehting like "still dre" it wouldnt sound rightttt

one mc |one| dj

jason_g_718 said:
To me, I won't say "most" but I will say a lot of New York beats sound the same to me. There's just no motivation in New York beats. When I hear a West Coast beat like Dr. Dre, Johnny J, QD3, DJ Pooh, Warren G., Scott Storch, Eminem (yeah, he lives in the midwest but is considered WC), Daz Dillinger and the like, that shit motivates me. It gets me bobbing my head like a mofo. It puts some spirit in me, makes me a little more lively.

However, when I hear A LOT of New York beats, they LITERALLY make me tired, they make me wanna fall asleep. They have no motivations qualities whatsoever.
Man I dunno what beats u been listenin to but hm heres a joke 4 ya:

I take all beats on both Angie Martinez albums ova every beat Eminem has produced. :D

Frank Grimes said:
i love the old ny beats, albums like illmatic, infamous, big l etc, there brilliant. remind me of rap in its purest. ill tell you, the "the world is yours' and "ny state of mind" beat is so good that im not going to continue typing
So, let me ask you Frank...are you one of the people that thinks that the "polished" sound that the West Coast offers is "ruining" or even "taking away" from "true hip hop" because they don't use the grimey underground sounding beats that the East Coast uses?

I just can't get into MOST East Coast beats.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online