Nas Responds To 50 Cent!!!!

source: hiphopdx.com *sorry if it's old*

50 Cent has been known to run his mouth, everyone knows that. His notoriety first came with his comical “How To Rob,” detailing how he would rob countless rich rappers. It wasn’t a serious song by any means, but it didn’t mean that some rappers were gonna let it slide. I’m sure everyone remembers Hov tossing out “I’m about a dollar, what the fuck is 50 Cent” on Vol.3. As time has passed and 50 has become one of the game’s biggest superstars, his ego has grown along with his stardom. Many were left scratching their heads when he went after Jada and Joe just because they did a song with Ja Rule. Even more puzzling was this;

Kelis said her "Milkshake" bring all the boys to the yard/Then Nas went and tattooed the bitch on his arm/I mean like way out in Cali, niggaz know you cuz/First thing they say about you is yous a sucker for love/This is chess not checkers, these are warning shots/After your next move I'll give you what I got

Why Nas? Doesn’t the man know his limitations? Did Nas really dis him first in Central Park? Does he stand a chance against one of the most accomplished lyricists of all-time?

Those are the questions that kept being asked. This is the only question that seemed to matter;

Will Nas respond?

They say Jada defeated him, Joe too street for him/what’s next? I guess its for Nas to ether him

Yes. Thanks to my man MS (peep his skills at www.falldowndesigns.com), we’re the first to bring you...

Nas – Don’t Body Yaself

I’m in the streets like old graffiti/I’m hearin’ wankstas talkin’ greasy/whether broke or rich my friend/Nasir bring that career to an end

It may have 3 verses, but it is really just a 1 verse song. Just when you’re thinking, ‘damn Nas really isn’t going at him too hard here,’ he opens up a wound or two. Don’t expect this to end here, and don’t forget where you heard it first.

Nas - Don't Body Yourself
was expectin' more, but it's ok

ARon

Expectin more? Why?
This ain't no dis song, he is just speaking on it, getting geared up for an actual dis if he does it.
Like what you posted said, he is jsut opening up a wound or two, no big deal, it's like the prelude.

Aristotle said:
Expectin more? Why?
This ain't no dis song, he is just speaking on it, getting geared up for an actual dis if he does it.
Like what you posted said, he is jsut opening up a wound or two, no big deal, it's like the prelude.
Even if it wasn't the actual diss, I was expecting a little something more. Jada's "Checkmate" was a prelude also, and that did as much damage as the actual diss. Call me crazy, but when you talk about ending someone's career, on a prelude or not, you're definately supposed to come hard

^^^ i think he was being sarcastic....

anyways, the song was tight, nas is flow is on point, he aint going at the topic as hard as he could, but whatever its all good. I dont think nas needs to prove much to Fitty or anybody else really. ppl that think 50 is an ill lyricist are either new to hiphop or are just plain dumb

'this is chess not checkers, these are warning shots, show me your next move, ill give u what i got'

definetely relevant to this discussion.

It also seems like he's going at the mobb also. With a couple lines in the second verse. With this track i feel nas is doing what 50 did to him saying "Oh you gon let 50 get at you like that? You gotta get him back the world is listening" Well, since Nas dropped a lil bit of fire now it's 50's move and once 50 makes no wait IF he makes that move than Nas will just slaughter him in my opinion. But to me this battle has a chance to be like Jay and Nas reason being is because these two have history. I think an mc battle is not as good if it isn't personal. 50/Nas were friends in the beginning and did a couple tracks together. 50 obviously was a fan of nas "I know 2 other mcs who can kill you in 8 bars. 50 um.........jay-z & nas". They did "Too Hot" and I forgot the other song with bravehearts. They had good chemistry when 50 was hungrier back then. 50 fell out with nas once nas replaced him on the jlo track. 50 thought nas was a snake or was a weird nigga. Nas said he didn't know he was originally on the track and feels he shouldn't have to tell 50 anything. They didn't say too much to each other until 50 talked a bit about nas being weird and him being contradictive but said nas can do that. Then on GRODT he said "If david can go at goliathe for the stone/I can go at nas and jigga, both for the throne/" 50 then on beg 4 mercy talks about nas loving the kids which goes into bravehearts dissin 50 then nas defended himself in central park. then pretty much they went back and forth with lil jabs till 50 made piggy bank with lil shots and nas did the same now. This will be a hot battle. 50 can make some good lines here and there but the point is this beef is going in a different level and it should be fun to hear the responses. They both know each other personally. Which will result in hot diss tracks over a period of time. 50 imo has something to prove if he can defeat a veteran like nas on the mic. Which he can't but it's an agenda. He suckered Jada and Joe to diss him which resulted in contributing to helping 50 make money. Nas is the only one that's building this beef slowly like he did with stillmatic and hopefully it results in a classic diss along with a classic album. I feel nas will kill em lyrically but it will be an interesting battle. Much better than jada/joe/game/yukmouth/domination vs. 50. Game Vs. 50 was really good for a while especially making everyone in g-unot looking like bitches. But to me this is the mainevent. Just my 2 cents, peace.

Hot

Its just a warning tho, back off 50 or nas will bury you!

""They say Jada defeated him, Joe to street for him, I guess now its time for Nas To Ether him" DONT BODY YASELF!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.