Nas replies to negative comments on his Def Jam signing

PuffnScruff

sigh you really think nas needed this money, fame, or popularity. he is already a legend. has been since his first album. thats more than 98% of rappers can say. the man has made plenty off of album sales. he has said it himself he doesnt care about sales. if anything this whole thing is going to pull def jam out of the shitter.

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
PuffnScruff said:
sigh you really think nas needed this money, fame, or popularity. he is already a legend. has been since his first album. thats more than 98% of rappers can say. the man has made plenty off of album sales. he has said it himself he doesnt care about sales. if anything this whole thing is going to pull def jam out of the shitter.
in interviews and shit, hes always talking about how (b4 defjam shit happening) how he doesnt sell albums like he used to, when hes dropping legendary shit. and how wack rappers can come out with stupid shit and sell millions. it DID affect him. he was on top of the charts and in top of the hiphop game...with jigga. Look at jigga now. and look at nas. of course if we were in nas' shoes we'd feel jealous n shit. theres no way u can say that you wouldnt be jealous. the black album sold how many? and nas' last album sold how many?

who gets more fame? jay or nas? u know what i mean. nas is prolly like fuck i wanna be up there n shit. im mad young and i wanna do mad shit. so when he saw the oppurtunity that jay is tryna pull him up, why wouldnt he take the opp u know?

my imo

Irv Gotti said something real true a few weeks back. He said that all the fans these days, instead of asking their friends, "how is that new album?" it's, "How many did that sell the first week?"

^^A lot of you are talking like Nas really gives a flying fuck about album sales. He's been in the game for like 15 years. As a rap star. Do you really thinks he needs money at all? Do you honestly think that he would sell out his art for a fucking $ or even notoriety (which he already has, MTV loves Nas)? That's disappointing and I think a lot of people talking don't have his albums and don't know what he's about. Nas signed to Def Jam because he's been with Columbia for 12 years. It's not like he wasn't happy there, but everyone needs to leave and move on, like graduation.

As far as Fat Joe, he never liked Jay at all, so I'm not surprised. These guys need to understand that Carmen as nothing whatsoever to do with either the beef in 2001 or the Def Jam signing. She is irrelevent.
~peace~

:fury: All I really know is that yo hoe wants to be with me
She aint playin
Believe what I'm sayin...
Me and tha boy A.I. got more in Common than just ballin and rhymin
Get It?
More in Carmen
I came in ya Bentley backseat
Skeeted in Jeep
Left condoms in tha baby seat
Here nigga
Tha gloves is off
The love is done:fury:

:confused: Well, a hoe is a hoe, life seriously has to go on.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.