Nas replies to negative comments on his Def Jam signing

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
After comments from Cam'ron, 50 Cent, and now Fat Joe on his signing with his former rival Jay-Z, Nas has decided to speak.

The comments mainly concern the fact that Jay-Z slept with the mother of Nas' daughter, Carmen Bryan. Fat Joe even went as far to call Nas soft.

He says, "I used to look up to Nas a lot. And I don't even really respect what he did. How do you become a friend to a person who disrespects your baby's mother? It's too much ugliness. I almost died, as a hip hop fan, when I heard they were together."

Nas, who is now married to singer Kelis, sees the comments as fuel for his creative fire. "That's small-minded. The movement is bigger than what someone says about Nas for the moment. This is what challenges me, what makes me go on. When people have negative things to say, it's all good," he said. "I'm one of the most crucified artists in the game, thank you!"

Jay-Z and Nas appear on MTV’s All Eyes on Me February 16th at 11PM for their first interview together since the deal was finalized.

Nas’ Def Jam debut is due later this year.

playahhh hatahhhhh....lay down on the ground.

honestly fat joe? cam? curtis? none of these clowns have shit on esco or hova, I think Nas said it best "kneel down and kiss the mutha fuckin ring"

I didn't expect comments like that from Fat Joe. I expected it from 50 and Cam but not Joe. He did it with less disrespect than the other two did though.

shit, what's in the past is in the past. i mean, i hold a grudge sometimes, but it's strictly business, never personal, you gotta do what is gonna feed your kids, i am sure Nas could have made bank at about any label with his rep, but at the same time, look at the buzz he has set off by signin with def jam, to me it is a smart business move by Nas

people acting like muthfuckas really give a shit bout there baby mommas....if that was the case mothafuckas would have been made them wife or stuck by to pay child support...most people don't give a shit bout the baby momma...I like how all of a sudden people are forgetting that sterotype of the ghetto...Nas shouldnt have even got mad bout it b4 with Super Ugly really and espically now that he's married...obviously he don't care enough for Carmen to want to stay close with her...these other rappers talking out their ass...need to shut the fuck up cause none of the ones (except if 50 does something major to gain respect from all heads) are legends.Not one of them...they need a nice cool glass of "shut the fuck up" whats another man's life to you?They on some like Cam be spitten "Homo" shit right now.I also find it funny how the 3 jappin their jaws all have beef with each other.

ArtsyGirl

"I used to look up to Nas a lot. And I don't even really respect what he did. How do you become a friend to a person who disrespects your baby's mother? It's too much ugliness. I almost died, as a hip hop fan, when I heard they were together."
If that alone can almost kill his love for Hip Hop Joe is real emotional about this. Nas is married to Kelis why would he let his ex come between a smart business move? Yeah Jay threw that shit in his face during the beef but thats what happens, Jay doesnt seem fazed about all the Ugly jokes n shit. I just think these people jealous coz they know this is gonna spark something they might not be a part of.

What did 50 n Cam etc say anyway?

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Yet more proof that money > integrity. I don't care how much money a deal will get me, if I have to be the bitch of the man that sexed my child's mother. SHOW SOME INTEGRITY, NAS.

haha...Nas loves his kid he doesn't have to give a shit (and most people with baby mommas don't) bout his ex...y'all gotta use your brain it's not like he loved her anyway (on account he was cheating on her too DURING the realtionship)...

PuffnScruff

ghettostar has a good point. besides he is married now, who freaking cares about some stupid move on his baby mamas part. wasnt this signing to jef dam about looking to the future and not focusing on the past? this is a historic moment in hip hop and we are all lucky to be witnesses to it. we are going to be getting what alot of us have only dreamed of for many years. a song with jay and nas! i love nas as an artist. he is one of my top 3 rappers of all time. maybe even my g.o.a.t. i cant wait to hear the bombs he is going to drop on fat hoe. you know why fat hoe is mad. because he doesnt make money. he has no following. his rhymes are shit.

PuffnScruff said:
ghettostar has a good point. besides he is married now, who freaking cares about some stupid move on his baby mamas part. wasnt this signing to jef dam about looking to the future and not focusing on the past? this is a historic moment in hip hop and we are all lucky to be witnesses to it. we are going to be getting what alot of us have only dreamed of for many years. a song with jay and nas! i love nas as an artist. he is one of my top 3 rappers of all time. maybe even my g.o.a.t. i cant wait to hear the bombs he is going to drop on fat hoe. you know why fat hoe is mad. because he doesnt make money. he has no following. his rhymes are shit.

I'm kind of glad these cats are talkin because Nas and Jigga need to go to war once again' and destory this garbage. But people keep on harping on the whole "baby momma" junk thats what I don't get there's no weight in that argument unless Nas was wanting her (which he isn't)...didn't even want her ass then when he cheated on her even Carmen has put Nas on blast in her new book "I'm a King baby, you know how many women would want to be in your place"...maybe he wants to destory her too...

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Money over integrity, pride, and everything else that Man can stand for. But, hey, this is America. Plus, I mean, who gives a fuck about women that give birth to our sons? Right? We don't love them hoes. It's all about giving birth to various children that will grow up fatherless or motherless. It's the way society functions effectively.

:rolleyes:

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
S O F I S T I K said:
Money over integrity, pride, and everything else that Man can stand for. But, hey, this is America. Plus, I mean, who gives a fuck about women that give birth to our sons? Right? We don't love them hoes. It's all about giving birth to various children that will grow up fatherless or motherless. It's the way society functions effectively.

:rolleyes:
yup u said it. except i dunno why u rolled ur eyes. :confused:

think bout it, nas hasnt been fed well the last 3years or so? and i mean popularity in the main stream and his albums arent doing as well as they should.

3 million dollars, mad popularity, new money, new cars, more shows or keeping putting out albums that he puts ill hard work on but doesnt see the light of day.

business wise? 3million and all the other shit.
personal gain? 3million and all that other shit.
does it bother him, deep down? i think so, but basically this way he opens the doors to MAD things.

so he did what he should do, for his personal reasons and shit

Originally Posted by SonOf2pac
curtis jackmeoff muthafucka... fuck SiGh too...

:confused:
better watch what you say son.
dont make me kill u in ur sleep.

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
S O F I S T I K said:
I would not swallow my pride for money.
i wouldnt either, or I'm saying that now. if some1 offered me all that money and all that fame and all that shit, id sure think about it.

and shit we only live once, swallow pride and live life good. or not and live how im living now. i sure pick money.

but then again, id have to see what the situation is for MY case.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.