Nas is a joke.

This isn't a hate thread - more like a critique thread.

Firstly id just like to point out that im an avid Nas fan, love most of his music - but certain things just make me lose so much respect.

I was listening to Illmatic the other day - llistened intently, carefully and concisely. How much has he changed? People call it evolution but look at the huge transition he made from Illmatic to his second album, released [to my knowlege] approximately 1.5 years later than his debut.
Illmatic was a great album, and to be honest - that was Nas. The GENUINE Nas. But the genuine Nas just didn't make money. So Nas had to use the successful forumlas of the 2 biggest rappers of 1996 - Biggie and Pac.
Notice that from It Was Written onwards Nas proclaims he is a thug, a gangster, and at times a pimp? Since when Nas? I know, it's ever since you saw Tupac selling millions with that formula, so you decided to utilise it in hope of selling a bit more than your debut.

Then we have the enormous transition in choice of production - going the R n B route, acquiring beats from producers like the Trackmasters which were notorious [excuse the pun] for their production on The Notorious BIG's debut album - which may i add sold quite a lot and essentially put NY hip hop back on the map. again Nas used another mans formula in hope of getting more sales.... which essentially makes Nas a poser, a fake, however you call it.

Secondly, his treatment of his friends, comrades, however you like to call them. I find it a bit suss and strange how A LOT of the people Nas was friends with absolutely loathe him or have beef with him:

Kay Slay
Tupac
Biggie
Mobb Deep
Cormega
50 Cent
Now Lake
Jay-Z

...and the list is growing..

Using Cormega and Lake, and to a lesser extent, Jay-Z and 50 Cent : it shows that Nas does not look after his people and ignores them. He deliberately comprimises their opportunities to reach success by getting their name out by taking their success i.e with the 50 Cent situation in the past. That's absolutely despicable, but who am i to judge i guess?

I also find it gravely amusing and pathetic on the way Nas handles his beefs. Particularly this 50 Cent beef brewing at the moment. I don't understand how Nas has the nerve to call out 50 Cent and his group and insult them, in front of thousands of people FOR NO APPARENT REASON. It was an unwarranted slanderous attack, which provoked a 50 Cent response on numerous occasions. But Nas feels that "50 Cent has to put out 4 more albums before he [Nas] will respond". So essentially Nas started the beef, but feels he is too good to continue it... Or perhaps Nas used that Central Park concert as an opportunity to hype his album up by creating a beef by insulting the biggest rapper on the mainstream arena at the present time. Nas pulled a bitch move either way.

For this reason Nas is a joke and a hypocrite. He isnt a thug, nor a gangster - he is fake.

Drop your thoughts.

damn,man
that was good reading, well thought of shit

i only listen to illmatic anyway
i hate most of nas,s stuff after that

but gods son made me check him out again
long live nasty nas

every artist some what changed

Pac did drastically after Me Against The World - he went from fully socially consicious to typical thug rap guy(reason why i dont think AEOM is very good in comparisson to his other work)
Biggie did after Ready To Die - did u hear some of the shit he was saying on Ready To Die, he was talking bout some grimy shit, on LAD, his style changed, still lyricall but more mob orientated, had some love tunes)

i agree with alot of what your saying though.

nas is nas what do you expect.most people do some fake shit or contridict shit thats life dawg,but don't tell me you'll stop listnening to nas cus you will now click my sig

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
I agree totally.

Welcome to the forum, always good to see another intelligent poster sign up. Props.

you talk bout Nas being fake by talking all that thug, pimp, gangsta shit to sell more but whats wrong with that, Pac did it and basically admitted it with the "rap for the bitches" comment, there aint nothing wrong with that,

Rap = Money

do u really think keeping it 100% real makes u money.

Silleone said:
you talk bout Nas being fake by talking all that thug, pimp, gangsta shit to sell more but whats wrong with that, Pac did it and basically admitted it with the "rap for the bitches" comment, there aint nothing wrong with that,

Rap = Money

do u really think keeping it 100% real makes u money.
Word up, what about when Pac said he never sold drugs in resurrection, i damn near shit myself

Nas is an amazing artist. I am also a big fan of his. But you have some really good points. Nas thinks he is a thug and thinks that he used to be tupac's best friend. Also they way he treats his friends is not right. Him and 50 used to be close. Now they are beefing. Nas is trying to be rich. But his music is suffering.

very good points man and yeah makaveli 10 i loved the track too hot nas and 50 did together :D

and why are some of you saying its cause nas has to make money?

arent some of you the same guys who flamed the fuck outta afeni for gettin em to produce pacs album to make money?
or hate snoop cause he changed so much?

correct me if im wrong :p

Silleone said:
every artist some what changed

Pac did drastically after Me Against The World - he went from fully socially consicious to typical thug rap guy(reason why i dont think AEOM is very good in comparisson to his other work)
Biggie did after Ready To Die - did u hear some of the shit he was saying on Ready To Die, he was talking bout some grimy shit, on LAD, his style changed, still lyricall but more mob orientated, had some love tunes)

i agree with alot of what your saying though.

in biggies case....
ready to die was made when biggie was
pretty much broke

then he made mad money off that cd

therefore he was a big spending rich cat
when he was making his next cd life after death

he was just rapping about his lifestyle
poor grimy....then rich balla

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.