Nas and DJ Premier team up for album

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
After what many fans thought was a disappointing offering with Street's Disciple, StreetHop.com has learned that Nasty Nas has enlisted the help of DJ Premier and the two will release an album together entirely produced by Premo.

Premier is one of the first producers that Nas worked with and is responsible for what are arguably some of Nas' best songs. His classic 1994 release Illmatic contained three Premo tracks, "NY State Of Mind," "Memory Lane" and "Represent."

The two continued to work together throughout Nas' career up until Stillmatic in 2001, where Premier produced "2nd Childhood," but have not made any music together since.

DJ Premier recently parted ways with Guru who was the other half of the duo's group Gangstarr, leaving many fans wondering what Premo would do next.

Now Premier has hooked back up with Nas and will completely produce his next album. Work on the as yet untitled CD has begun, but no release date is set.

Stay tuned to StreetHop.com for more info on the album as we get it.

OMG, veery very good news. Streets Disciple a let down... I think not. Anyway Nas and Premo beats are usually very hot. Highly anticipating this.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
SiGh said:
i heard nas was paying 2 million for a beat from the neptunes..was there ne truth behind dat?
No StreetHop.com disproved that when it first came out, I have a homie at Columbia and he said it was totally untrue.

DJ Premier is UNQUESTIONABLY one of the GREATEST PRODUCERS of ALL-TIME.. I just wish he was teamin up wit a better mc.. DJ Premier & Cormega would b a DEADLY COMBINATION..

Is there a source for this? Because if the source is just Scratch Magazine, then that's just a possibility, not definite by any means.
~peace~

XIAN said:
Is there a source for this? Because if the source is just Scratch Magazine, then that's just a possibility, not definite by any means.
~peace~
What, you think Scratch ain't official? I suppose them letting Scratch take their picture for the cover doesn't mean anything either. And the fact that the article isn't just an article, it's an interview, I guess that doesn't mean anything either.

:) So yea it's official.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online