Nas album leaked?

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
This is what happens when Lil' Wayne rapes your ears. This is the best thing Nas has done since God's Son, but it'll get compaired to The Carter III (and already is) when that shit isn't a great album or anything more.
Well, God's Son sucked too.

Stillmatic was dope, be actually flowed then.

It has nothing to do with Lil Wayne or anybody else, Nas just forgot how to rap and stay on beat and became a know it all that pretends to fight for causes and say things that are often wrong and clearly a gimmick to him. Even then I could listen to him, if he actually made GOOD music, which he doesnt.

Look at the likes of Common, Mos, Talib, etc, they talk about similar things, even the new Killer Mike & Ice Cube track, the difference is though, they can actually rap.

I'm more of a quality over quanity guy, so telling me and showing me that Lil' Wayne sold a million copies in a week means nothing. Because Kanye West almost did the same thing, and Coldplay almost did it too, the week after Wayne.

Nas likes to stir shit up, get his name out there, in my mind he's no different from any other rapper, in terms of, self-promotion. He did it when he called his last album "Hip-Hop Is Dead" and now he tried to do with calling his latest "Nigger." Now it's offically just "Untitled" but he'll tell you himself, you know what it's really called.

This album is more than some commercialized compliation, which is what the Carter III is. There's a meaning to it, a message, it's a word that Nas is literally trying to take back, for whatever reason. He reflects that on the album.

I had a similar reaction to ARon's, it left him speechless, not able to fully describe it in whole and and in detail. You can't really say it's "hot" or "bumpin." It's more than that, it's dare I say, special.

Now I think everyone who's commentating on it, saying it's garbage and trash, really didn't have high hopes to begin with or really expected him to deliver something close to another illmatic. No wonder you're disappointed. You gave it ONE listen, and that was it, this album is like a movie you saw once, didn't understand it and wrote off. Until 5 years later you flip through the channels, watch it again, and are dumbfounded.

I keep seeing comments of how some of you are bored with Nas, not impressed anymore, ect. No fucking wonder you didn't like it, you didn't give a shit to begin with.

I hope in a few days I'll be able to fully disgest this and will be able to fully describe it, in detail and in whole. Right now, I'm speechless by it, the whole thing has purpose behind it, every track is apart of it, there's no filler on here, no "street" single or radio single, it's all one.

roaches

There's a meaning to it, a message, it's a word that Nas is literally trying to take back, for whatever reason. He reflects that on the album.
Show and prove.

didn't have high hopes to begin with or really expected him to deliver something close to another illmatic.
So what you're saying is, people who don't like the album come from a range of backgrounds coming from opposite ends of the spectrum. Kinda difficult to put them all in a box, isn't it?

I hope in a few days I'll be able to fully disgest this and will be able to fully describe it, in detail and in whole. Right now, I'm speechless by it, the whole thing has purpose behind it, every track is apart of it, there's no filler on here, no "street" single or radio single, it's all one.
Show and prove. People keep saying how amazing they think it is without elaborating or breaking down exactly why it's so dope.

And, shit, if there's no clear radio or street single, what the fuck do you call that song with a Polow beat and an R&B hook?

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
This album is more than some commercialized compliation, which is what the Carter III is. There's a meaning to it, a message, it's a word that Nas is literally trying to take back, for whatever reason. He reflects that on the album.
I don't want to to ask the same question as roaches did...but I have to. So what is his message, what is the reflection? Before the album, I had trouble pin-pointing Nas' point with the album and with the title of the album. I listened through the CD once (of course, nearly not enough to conceptualize an album) and I was still confused what he was really trying to get at. Nas doesn't really know what he's trying to say, he's all over the place, which is what roaches was saying I believe.

Like I said, I'm very surprised by the album, I'm going to give it a few more listenens, before I break down and critique what I really think of it, and explain everything I said. This is an album that deserves more than one listen, that's for sure.

masta247

Staff member
I have a feeling that all those negative replies (who say that this album is great) are coming from true Nas fans who still see him at his finest while listening to this album not even realising on what level it really is. It's a 2pac fan syndrome - you will still prefer wack albums over other artist's better work just because it's 2pac. Don't try to prove that Nas is dope, I know that he's a good rapper but this album is just not better than most albums that came out this year. Nas is falling down with his flow and lyrics.
It's not the same Nas on this album, it's only his voice that remains the same.

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
I listened to it again, and meh apart from a couple of songs the album is real boring.

Oh and I quite like the Hero song, I know some people don't.

TheCat

the production for hero is quite epic, it maybe not seem like yout typical hip hop production, but its effecting for the tittle.

ARon

I'm getting annoyed that none of the people who think Nas is a genius can step up and make a case for him. This board sucks.
I'm still listening to it. It's not like you've really made a case as to why you think it's bad either. Besides the regular hoopla, or just throwing out your opinion no one is really sayin shit. You tried the I want to be funny approach but you didnt say much. It's like a Nas is great vs Nas sucks/forgot how to rap(really?) arguement. No one is doing shit. I'm just gonna enjoy the album and be good.

ARon

No offense Rukas but I don't really care for your opinion. Roaches I can talk to about it cus we tend to like the same shit, Wayne, Clipse and so on. You on the other hand....lets just say you amuse me most of the time. No disrespect.

For the sake of the arguement though lets chit chat about it. His flow is bad where exactly? Maybe Queens? If you bring up Testify smack yourself for being stupid. I gotta go buy booze for the youngns real quick so just address that for now.

roaches, Chronic, Rukas, etc..

While I don't completely disagree with your points, I was wondering if you guys could give me examples of Nas' worsened flow? Perhaps compare lines, verses, songs from his new album to his older material or other rappers even. I've always had a problem pinpointing a bad flow. I mean... obviously myself rapping compared to a professional rapper, you're gonna hear a technical difference. However, say among the 20 top tier rappers... who has a good flow and who has a bad one and how do you determine, from a "technical" point of view, the difference in ability? I can certainly hear a difference in style between (for examples) Lil' Wayne and Nas and Canibus and Phonte, but how do you come to the conclusion that one's flow is better or worse than another's? To me, "flow" isn't something you can rate out of 10. You can either flow or you can't... Jay-Z can, internet textcees can't, Scarface can, I can't...

So yeah - to the people saying Nas' flow sucks, explain please.

linx

Staff member
I've always been a huge fan of Nas. He's one of my favorite rappers EVER. Do I think his flow has gotten worse? Yes, I think so. But not to an extreme. He didn't get bad to the point where i'm gonna stop listening to him or stop enjoying his music. It's not something I can even sit here and describe, it's just something I hear in his music sometimes.

ill-matic

I'm getting annoyed that none of the people who think Nas is a genius can step up and make a case for him. This board sucks.
sometimes you take the arrogant route and never offer your own opinion or form any point of discussion like some teacher who just asks questions in front of students without offering any of their own opinions. you're trying to make a point, so just write something and explain it and justify it.

this whole NIGGER thing is bullshit in my opinion. Nas tries way too hard to be out there and create something "new" and controversial. Like the whole Hip Hop is Dead thing, and now this. Dude needs to just rap, and make music, instead of being on some preachy/knowledge spreading bullshit. Dude just picked up a mic and rapped for Illmatic, but then he had to pretty much try to get all intellectual and technical and try to make a point with all his raps (which, ironically, was a lot more effective in Illmatic, with his realism rapping of his observations). Now when you listen to his music you can almost cringe at it because you know how hard he's trying to deliver some sort of "educated" shit to the point where it just sounds so contrived and superficial and fake. This is why Illmatic was so good, and why it's considered an outright classic. It was completely raw, gutter shit. The realism was what it was all about. And the way that realism was delivered is what blew people away. Nowadays he has to use an historically controversial word (NIGGER) or a controversial opinion (Hip Hop is Dead) to push some sort of message.

With that said, hoever, i still really like a lot of Nas' music - but these days a lot of his music is totally boring and has absolutely no replay value whatsoever. Hip Hop is Dead hasn't been touched by me once since it's release. I gave it one listen, and it's just been sitting there gathering dust.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.