Name Rappers Who You Believe Should "Hang It Up"....

Master P - Back around '97-'98, I can't lie, dude had the radio and streets on lock. I was a big fan of his music. But now, he has nothing new to say, he's run out of material. Seeing him now, he just looks pathetic.

LL Cool J - Back in the '80s and mid-'90s, LL was the ultimate rap icon. Of course, the ladies loved him and and the men respected him. But now, wit the music that he releases, you can tell he's now in the industry for the money, and the money only.

Kurupt - Back in the early '90s, Kurupt was a monster on the mic. He could go toe to toe with the best of them. This talent even leaked onto his first solo album. It decreased on his 2nd effort, but it was still present. But when he dropped "Space Boogie", he dropped from my fav. of all time list.

Snoop Dogg - I don't know where to begin, so I'll just leave this one alone.

be free to list and mention some

yeah i disagree wit kurupt too, i wanna see what the new dpg album has to offer, snoop definitly haz to put down the mic, last album i bought of his was doggfather...

At times, I feel like the Outlawz need to just quit.

But then, if dudes want to keep rapping, so be it.

Master P has never made out he was in the game for anything but the money. LL continues to make money left, right & centre as does Snoop. Kurupt could still drop fire, imo.

This is basically another, "Who Do You Think Is Wack" thread.

Jeremy

Nas- I like his old shit. Last couple od cds were basicly garbage.
Jay-z- reasonable doubt and black album I like.
Eminem- Has taken a huge fall off of a cliff. His first three albums had alot of nice tracks.
Snoop- hes done.

There are plenty more new rappers that need to hang it up also. :)

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
edi, kastro and noble
snoop
eminem
esham (if you take his last LP, theres probably an EP worth of good songs)
ICP (same reason as Esham)

Mase

Outlawz put out an Album that was decent, I don't think they should retire.

Anyway, I've posted in here so I may aswell do a list.

P Diddy
Eminem
Snoop Dogg

The thing is, these rappers wont retire.

P. Diddy - he fills the market with too much garbage
Eminem - The Eminem Show was his final good LP. I know he's only made one since, but it doesn't seem like he's ever gonna get the time to make another Marshall Mathers LP because he's got so many people on his label that he worries about
Snoop - Can do guest appearances, cuz his voice and shit is still fresh, but his albums are starting to be kinda whack
LL Cool J - Should stop because he's no longer as feared on the mic as he used to be, so there's nobody he can defend his self-proclaimed title against

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
Little Skittle said:
icp really??? i thought hell's pit was excellent
nah i wasnt feeling it that much, same with the last two Psychopathic Rydas albums, and the last Dark Lotus album (black rain)

i will however admit violent J improved alot, but i cant stand all the hooks

Snoop Dogg - Hasn't dropped a true solid album since doggfather. (Although he has had a handfull of excellent singles since).

The Outlawz (minus Fatal) - I was extremely excited back in 2000 when they finally got there shit straight and released an album, however was grossly disappointed with the result. The second album only worsend things. I haven't purchased a lawz tape since.

Master P - He never had talent to begin with... only reason he was so successfull was because he sounded unlike anyone else at that time.

Jay-Z - Never was much of a fan of his.. but if you're gonna retire, then stay the fuck retired. Nothing I hate more then fake retirements and miraculous comebacks. (more of a hint into whats to come really)

Yin Yang Twins - I stand by my retarded monkey with a microphone comment from another post.

More to come as I think of them..

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.