My thoughts on Hip-Hop in 2006

Kadafi Son

Fuck dat, tha south has been killin' GOOD hip hop music for some years now. People tell me Lil Boosie is tha shit. WTF. Guess cuz I gotta reside in tha south

I think Pacs Life is more listenable than Loyal 2 The Game.

realBOSTON said:
Most slept on album of the year: Second Round's on Me - Obie Trice. The production was crazy and Obie came hard on every track. I'm actually a little surprised this wasn't held in a higher regard.

Most overrated album of the year: Hell Hath No Fury - Clipse. I was shocked that this record was as BAD as it was. Only three hot joints; two of which were singles, and all of which lacked any replay value. Neptunes production was wack. Classic XXL rating? Come on now.

Most bangin' album of the year: Doctor's Advocate - Game. First time i went through this album, all i could do (as fuckin tacky as it sounds) was shake my head in disbelief and say "oh shit, he brought it". Could go through the entire CD w/o skipping a track. The production was insane, and he actually, sort of, kind of, had something to say. Little did i know this album would turn out to be the....

Album that got reall fuckin old, really fuckin fast: Doctor's Advocate - Game. After banging this for two weeks, I just couldn't take it anymore. It completely died, i'm not even sure why. I know i'm not the only person who felt this way. It's almost inexplicable.

Most dissapointing/akwardly decent album of the year: (tie) Kingdom Come - Jay-Z / Rotten Apple - Lloyd Banks. Thought both were gonna be hot, and both ended up sucking at first. Two completely different records, but they both ended up getting better and better untill they were, well, akwardly decent. Banks' was the better of the two though. Honorable Mention: Thug Motivation 102: The Inspiration - Young Jeezy

Biggest artist of '06: (tie) T.I. / Lil Wayne. Both did their thing big time. T.I. had ATL, KING, Dro's album, and a big year for Grand Hustle, while Wayne had Tha Carter II, Like Father Like Son, and a TON of features.

Best Album of '06: Game Theory - The Roots. I know a lot of people didnt hear this record. Get it. For those who have listened to it, you know why i put it here. Thats all i have to say about it; a head above the rest in '06.
I do agree with almost everything on that list, cept for Best Album of the year..

I'd go with T.I. probably just cuz there's a ton of songs i can listen to all the time, my fav on the CD is probably "Bankhead"

Most Disappointing? I wouldnt' consider Lloyd Banks a disappointment because i knew his cd would be "rotten" but yes Jay-Z and Young Jeezy i would agree with 100%

Obie i guess i wouldn't say its underrated cuz i've yet to meet a person whose listened to it that doesn't like it, but i think if ppl were to actually grasp the talent throughout the CD Obie should've sold alot more. Best song on the album is "Obies Story"

^ It would have been relevant a couple of days ago. Evidently his wikipedia entry has since been amended by someone with a penchant for wack rappers. The swines.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.