My Random thoughts about Hip Hop PT. 2

^Monosyllabic chants, repetitive low budget production, That’s A Bet and Paul Wall are just a small assortment of reasons that justify my aversion to History In The Making....perhaps my chief criticism of this album is the fact that J.R. just doesn't sound like he can be bothered.

Maybe we should all get used to the idea that he's forever destined to drop the odd blazing mixtape in between shining Cam'rons baurties and massaging Juelz Santana's Erythrasma infected feet.

But yeah, More Than Just Music, Writers Block 2 and a lot of shit preceding that are still unfuckwitable.

albohemia said:
- Your either gullible or working for Major Figgas if you seriously believe Gillie Da Kid ever pushed a parker for Lil Wayne

- I’m glad to hear that Oddisee is contributing to the new SoulStice album. He’s one of my favourite cats behind the boards and i'm a sucka when it comes to neo soul with flavour

- It’s kinda sad when a large proportion of peeps get overly distressed because they’ll have to wait another few months for the new Lloyd Banks shit but when Ken Starr’s album get’s pushed back no one gives a fuck. Disproportionate popularity-to-talent ratios never cease to amaze me

- I wish Binary Star would reform for longer than one night

- If a movie about Suge Knight ever gets made, Rick Ross is the man most likely to get the lead role

- After my initial apprehension, the joints I’ve heard from the upcoming MF Grimm project have grown on me. I still can’t decide whether a sixty song triple CD is an ambitious and refreshing undertaking or just a wack ass idea

- Word is that Kane outshone every other cat at the BK Hip Hop festival. That coupled with his reinvigorated buzz outside of NYC makes me think a few majors might come calling

- So Nas is attempting to broaden his crossover appeal by enlisting producers of the moment...now where have I heard that before?

- I think I regurgitated the entire contents of my past week’s food consumption after foolishly listening to Mark Ronson's sampling of The Foundations on that Ryhmefest joint. Holy shit

- If you reside in Europe I’d recommend checking out the cats from Hiphop is music coming to a club near you soon

- I want to be at the fourth annual Style in Progress jam watching Kool DJ Herc instead of writing this

- I’ve been bumping Mr. Lif’s Mo’ Mega album solidly for the last week and it still feels like I downloaded it a few minutes ago

- Did RJD2 put out Magnificent City Instrumentals because he realised the extent to which Aceyalone sullies his beats?

- I’m slightly miffed at the rumours which suggest John Frusciante has rolled up and laid down a few riffs for the new Raekwon album

- Speaking of Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II, BE WARNED: big budget sequels are almost always a letdown

- Da Beatminerz contribution to the new BCC album is surprisingly awful

- Brooke Hogan in About Us and Shaq in You Can't Stop The Reign = 2 good reasons why Celebrities shouldn't pick up the mic + 1 good reason why Paul Wall should put down the mic.
You speak some truths...

-Oddisee is one of the best producers in the game rigth now, period.
-Binary Star should make another album together - but OneBeLo is doing really well by his damn self, as seen on SONOGRAM
- :-( for Nas
- :-( if OB4CL2 is disappointing

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.