MTV's top 10 hip hop albums

dedbrd said:
On www.mtv.com in the news section they did a vote on what all of their heads at the station considered their top 10, each person voted with their #1 receiving 10 points, down to the #10 choice receiving 1 point. From the totals they got their top 10 hip hop list.
Some comments were interesting, especially things Sway said being that he met Pac a few times and did some interviews.

10. Public Enemy - It Takes A Nation Of Millions to Hold Us Back

9. 2Pac - 7 Day Theory point noted....
Originally, no Tupac album scored in the top 10, while two Biggie albums did. The team felt that even if that's how the original voting went, it couldn't stand by the list without Tupac being on it (see the Ready to Die page for the debate on cutting one of Biggie's gems.) So which Tupac album should be included, All Eyez on Me or the Makaveli album (The Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory)? Or none at all? There were a few holdouts who felt Pac didn't necessarily belong on this list of the greatest of all time ...

8. Ice Cube - Death Certificate

7. NWA - Niggaz4Life

6. Jay Z - Reasonable Doubt

5. Run DMC - Raising Hell

4. Notrious BIG - Ready to Die points noted
Originally, two Biggie albums, Ready to Die and Life After Death, made the list, but no Tupac Shakur albums did. The majority decided that this shouldn't stand, and one of the Biggie albums would have to go to make room for a Pac LP

3. Dr. Dre - The Chronic

2. Nas - Illmatic

1. Eric B & Rakim - Paid in Full

while I agree with some choices, the list seems out of order and I do not think that a Cubeless NWA was better than NWA with Cube, and it shocks me that none of them wanted to include a Pac album but did in the end because they felt obligated too.
man MTV ... What do they Know ? i don´t even bother what they say !

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.