MTV's top 10 hip hop albums

7 Syns

Fuck all this whinning. Considering it's MTV im impressed with the list, atleast they didn't have any Eminem or 50 Cent record which some might've expected coming from MTV.

It's only an opinion at the end of the day anyways so stop getting touchy over who belives what and so forth. If you disagree (which is all good) then construct a reply as to why you disagree instead of just naming name lp's you like etc and definately don't name lp's you haven't ever heard more than once but put in the top 10 because everyone else does.

Atleast they have Paid In Full, Ready To Die, Illmatic and The Chronic in there. And finally someone from an entertainment point of view has placed a 'Pac record in the top 10 which is what y'all usually complain about thats missing from whoever's top10. Yet you still complain and whine.

Be original, be constructive and save the argueing for your future marriage/s.

peace.

7 Syns

kman_69 said:
^^lol i hate biggies albums....puffy ruins both of em by saying gay shit in the background all over the songs.
So you "hate" Biggie's records because of the adlibs? What a stupid reason to hate on a record for, what about his lyrics? His flow? The beats? Verses in general? Story telling? Is that all illrelevant due to little adlibs which aren't even on many of his records, only the more wellknown tracks?

Damn this is soooo stupid. Straight outta Compton was better than niggaz for life. It changed gangsta rap. Also 3 tupac albums should have made the list. AEOM, 7 Day Theory, and MATW.

So let me get this straight on one hand you state a point on how Straight Outta Compton changed hip-hop as far as gangsta rap is concerned. I agree, it perhaps shouldve been there in place of Efil4Zaggin, however Ive gotta say that on that record (Efil4Zaggin) Dr. Dre really stepped his production to another level before taking it to yet another level on The Chronic.

But on the other hand you say 3 Tupac records shouldve made the list? Yet they didn't change hip-hop in any way and had no real impact. And Considering that 'Pac's "Strictly 4 My Niggaz" is lyrically above AEOM has me even more baffelled by your reply. 3 'Pac records though? And who misses out on your list? A Tribe Called Quest's "The Low End Theory"?, Public Enemy's "It Takes A Nation of Millions To Hold Us Back"?, Ice Cube's "Amerikkka'z Most Wanted" perhaps? Maybe Raekwon's "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx" or Nas "Illmatic"? Records which actually had some sorta impact.

Spare me.

peace.

niggaz4life was a solid album i agree with that being on the list. Dre really stepped up his production game on this album. The only song on there I don't feel to much is automobile. But every other song was nice.

PDT

It goes like this for me...

10-The Notorious B.I.G. "Ready To Die"
9-Mobb Deep "Hell On Earth" [Yeah, I said it, not The Infamous]
8-Masta Ace "Slaughtahouse"
7-Raekwon "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx"
6-Big L "Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous"
5-Nas "Illmatic"
4-GZA/Genius "Liquid Swords"
3-Eric B. & Rakim "Paid In Full"
2-Wu-Tang Clan "Enter The Wu-Tang [36 Chambers]"
1-2Pac as Makaveli "The Don Killuminati/The 7 Day Theory"

Honorable Mentions-Organized Konfusion "Organized Konfusion" & Black Star "Mos Def & Talib Kweli are...Black Star"

PDT said:
It goes like this for me...

10-The Notorious B.I.G. "Ready To Die"
9-Mobb Deep "Hell On Earth" [Yeah, I said it, not The Infamous]
8-Masta Ace "Slaughtahouse"
7-Raekwon "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx"
6-Big L "Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous"
5-Nas "Illmatic"
4-GZA/Genius "Liquid Swords"
3-Eric B. & Rakim "Paid In Full"
2-Wu-Tang Clan "Enter The Wu-Tang [36 Chambers]"
1-2Pac as Makaveli "The Don Killuminati/The 7 Day Theory"

Honorable Mentions-Organized Konfusion "Organized Konfusion" & Black Star "Mos Def & Talib Kweli are...Black Star"
Honorable Mentions- Would you put Red n Meth's blackout on there too or not?

Just my personal opinion:

10) The Marshall Mathers LP

9) Straight Outta Compton

8) Doggystyle

7) The Blueprint

6) Enter the Wu-Tang: 36 Chambers

5) The Chronic

4) Ready to Die

3) Me Against the World

2) Illmatic

1) All Eyez On Me

AmerikazMost

Reasonable Doubt should not be on a top ten list. It's a classic, but it's not top 10 IMO. I just think it gets more acclaim then it deserves because it's Jigga's debut and it's not full of commercialized songs (which he gets a lot of shit for).

Top 20, not top 10.

AmerikazMost said:
Reasonable Doubt should not be on a top ten list. It's a classic, but it's not top 10 IMO. I just think it gets more acclaim then it deserves because it's Jigga's debut and it's not full of commercialized songs (which he gets a lot of shit for).

Top 20, not top 10.

Agreed. The fact that Raekwon isn't on the list in some form is a travesty.

7 Syns said:
So you "hate" Biggie's records because of the adlibs? What a stupid reason to hate on a record for, what about his lyrics? His flow? The beats? Verses in general? Story telling? Is that all illrelevant due to little adlibs which aren't even on many of his records, only the more wellknown tracks?

lol, dont take it so god damn personal man... great, you like the albums...i dont, and i have a valid reason.

Biggie was a great MC....but his albums werent classic IMO

just like Eminem is a great MC....but his albums arent classics.

AmerikazMost

kman_69 said:
lol, dont take it so god damn personal man... great, you like the albums...i dont, and i have a valid reason.

Biggie was a great MC....but his albums werent classic IMO

just like Eminem is a great MC....but his albums arent classics.
bad comparison IMO

Sun_Tzu said:
i wonder what they looked at on the albums to place em in the top 10.

the people at mtv all made a top 10 list of their favorites, they then gave the cd's points, 10 points for #1, down to 1 point for there #10 choice...so basicly it is just a list compromised from a tally of the mtv heads favorite rap cd's.

i still say straight outta compton should be on there before niggaz4life, even if dre stepped up his production on niggaz4life, it still was missing cube!

RAYDOGG said:
can someone explain me how is reasonal doubt is better than DoggyStyle???
It's better for the same reason that Reasonable Doubt is better Get Rich Or Die Tryin'.

The production may have been great on Doggystyle but Snoop was a medicore emcee. Jay-Z's rhymes were amazing on Reasonable doubt and the production was definately good.

At the end of the day which combination is better for you?

1. A great MC over really good beats; or

2. A medicore MC over great beats.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.