Most underrated albums

What albums do you think are underrated till date?

For me:

Take a look over your shoulder - Warren G (most underrated o.a.t.)

Thug Life - (I think this album isnt getting the attention it deservs)

187 um Killa - Eazy E (Huge Classic)

Low End Theory - A Tribe called Quest

The last Meal - Snoop Dogg

Dr Dre presents the Aftermath (what is sooo bad on this album)

Operation Stakola - Luniz (get a copy of this shit its hot as hell)

Take a look over your shoulder - Warren G (most underrated o.a.t.)
True.

The last Meal - Snoop Dogg
Ehh...iffy on this one. I"m not sure here. This album is only SLIGHTLY BETTER than the accolades it gets.

Let me add:

I Want It All -Warren G
Better Dayz -2pac
The Eminem Show -Eminem
Cheers -Obie Trice

Don't mean to hate on you Jason but how many people bought The Eminem Show? Thought so.....

I don't see how the Low End Theory is underrated - it is consistantly mentioned in lists of the best albums ever

Zero Cool said:
Compared to the SSLP or MMLP this is a big letdown in my opinion.
Well, you're talking to someone who thinks the SSLP was utter trash.

I loved The Eminem Show...had a much more grown up Em and he started getting more serious with his lyrics.

Oddly enough though I like MMLP better than TES.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Don't mean to hate on you Jason but how many people bought The Eminem Show? Thought so.....

I don't see how the Low End Theory is underrated - it is consistantly mentioned in lists of the best albums ever
Number one, I don't know how many copies it sold nor do I care.

As someone else around here said recentlly "a CD's quality is not only scaled by sales numbers".

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
Royce da 5"9-Death is Certain
Jin-The rest is history
Obie Trice-Cheers
Bone thugs n harmony-Reserrection
Bizzy Bone-The gift

jason g 718 said:

As someone else around here said recentlly "a CD's quality is not only scaled by sales numbers".
This thread is about appreciation not quality so when I question how many it sold it is in regards to appreciation.

My point is, when over 10 million copies are sold, I think you can say a few people have appreciated the album.

It's hardly like a Bizzy Bone album like Heaven'z Movie which was pretty dope but didn't sell well nor is it spoken about often - meaning it was underppreciated.

ThUg $TyLe said:
Royce da 5"9-Death is Certain
Jin-The rest is history
Obie Trice-Cheers
Bone thugs n harmony-Reserrection
Bizzy Bone-The gift
good list, Royce da 5`9 is full underrated as a Mc.

I have to add

Mac Mall - Untouchable (tight west style)

Ice cube - The Predator (everybody is mentioning "It was a good day", but nobody says something really about the album)

Wu-tang clan - Wu-tang 4 ever (too underrated)

Coolio - It takes a thiev / Gangstas paradise (I never saw that anybody talked bout this albums)

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
jason_g_718 said:

yeah, people were applying that to albums that didn't get sales

i still hear Sing For the Moment on the radio every damn day, thats how highly rated this album was viewed as by the public

Bank Robber said:
yeah, people were applying that to albums that didn't get sales

i still hear Sing For the Moment on the radio every damn day, thats how highly rated this album was viewed as by the public
Well, I don't know what city you live in and btw, I don't listen to the radio. Haven't regularly since 95, seriously.

For the past 10 years the radio stations in Detroit have been 100% bullshit as far as I'm concerned. That's what I have CD's for.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.