Michael Jackson & 50 Cent - Trial Of The Century, and MJ-Unit

GhettoStar said:
out of your fuckin mind.......and your knowledge on music is questionable.
Why for having an opinion?... How is my knowledge on music questionable? FYI I am a fan of both artists but believe Michael is the more powerful artist IMO.

No question Prince is a musical genious playin mostly all instruments on his albums, Prince plays what is it, 26 instruments.

Im just sayin that i prefer the music of Michael Jackson over Prince.

michael what are u doing, LOL. its a shame. i listen now for 9 years 2 MJ. i collect everything from him. but when i read this i wanna sale everything:mad:

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
haha would be an interesting track...lota money could be made for both artists

cant see jayz collaborating though....doesnt he have beef with 50?

Casey

Staff member
3en said:
Why for having an opinion?... How is my knowledge on music questionable? FYI I am a fan of both artists but believe Michael is the more powerful artist IMO.

No question Prince is a musical genious playin mostly all instruments on his albums, Prince plays what is it, 26 instruments.

Yes. Because your opinion is WRONG! LOL just playing homie, it's cool to have your own opinion.

But for the record, Prince shits all over MJ any day, week, month, year. MJ just about managed to release 2 albums in the entire 80's. Prince released at least 12, nearly all of which were better than MJ's two. No question, Thriller and Bad are 2 of my favorite albums of all time, but they ain't got shit on Dirty Mind, Controversy, 1999, Purple Rain, Sign O The Times, Lovesexy.

Likewise MJ's 2 albums of the 90's - Dangerous and HIStory ain't got shit on P's 90's output - most notably, Graffiti Bridge, Diamonds & Pearls, The Gold Experience, and Emancipation.

MJ might sell a shitload of records, but Prince consistently pushes the borders of music and always has. Not to mention he has made music of nearly every genre known to man, from pop, to hiphop, to rock, dance, funk, electro, techno, classical, opera, slow jams, etc etc etc etc.

I used to prefer MJ's music to Prince....when I was a kid and hadnt heard a lot of Prince. I dare you to listen to Purple Rain or Sign O The Times, or watch each of their respective movies and then try and tell me MJ is fucking with P. Not happening.

Prince CREATES trends.

MJ follows trends and picks the hottest producers of the time to work with - see how quickly he jumped on Teddy Riley's nuts for Dangerous? Why? cos New Jack Swing was the 'happening' style at the time. Likewise working with Rodney Jerkins on Invincible after Destinys Child had hits. Shame he didnt realise that Rodney Jerkins is possibly the shittiest producer of all time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big MJ fan and always have been. But to even try and compare him to Prince is laughable.

The day MJ picks up a guitar and plays a 10 minute solo capable of reducing an entire audience to tears and then follows up with the most SLAMMIN funkiest groove that makes all the women wanna take their clothes off, like I've heard and seen Prince do, is the day I change my opinion.

3en said:

you didnt say this though, if you had said it like that it would have appeared as an opinion not a statement of truth. I was just kidding don't go and pull the "it's my opinion why do you hate me" argument. But the facts speak for themselves. Those who know music knows that Prince SHITS on MJ. And oh yea I like MJ too, but he only had 2 really good CDs and barely did anything on them except sing and write a line or two....while Prince has had a whole catlogue of hit cds shit even his unreleased shit supposd to be better then his released.:laugh:

Militant said:
Yes. Because your opinion is WRONG! LOL just playing homie, it's cool to have your own opinion.

But for the record, Prince shits all over MJ any day, week, month, year. MJ just about managed to release 2 albums in the entire 80's. Prince released at least 12, nearly all of which were better than MJ's two. No question, Thriller and Bad are 2 of my favorite albums of all time, but they ain't got shit on Dirty Mind, Controversy, 1999, Purple Rain, Sign O The Times, Lovesexy.

Likewise MJ's 2 albums of the 90's - Dangerous and HIStory ain't got shit on P's 90's output - most notably, Graffiti Bridge, Diamonds & Pearls, The Gold Experience, and Emancipation.

MJ might sell a shitload of records, but Prince consistently pushes the borders of music and always has. Not to mention he has made music of nearly every genre known to man, from pop, to hiphop, to rock, dance, funk, electro, techno, classical, opera, slow jams, etc etc etc etc.

I used to prefer MJ's music to Prince....when I was a kid and hadnt heard a lot of Prince. I dare you to listen to Purple Rain or Sign O The Times, or watch each of their respective movies and then try and tell me MJ is fucking with P. Not happening.

Prince CREATES trends.

MJ follows trends and picks the hottest producers of the time to work with - see how quickly he jumped on Teddy Riley's nuts for Dangerous? Why? cos New Jack Swing was the 'happening' style at the time. Likewise working with Rodney Jerkins on Invincible after Destinys Child had hits. Shame he didnt realise that Rodney Jerkins is possibly the shittiest producer of all time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a big MJ fan and always have been. But to even try and compare him to Prince is laughable.

The day MJ picks up a guitar and plays a 10 minute solo capable of reducing an entire audience to tears and then follows up with the most SLAMMIN funkiest groove that makes all the women wanna take their clothes off, like I've heard and seen Prince do, is the day I change my opinion.
Good post lol im not gonna get into no argument over this cos its kinda like comparing apples and oranges, you respect my opinion and i respect yours.

Your not going to change my opinion, and im not gonna change yours. :thumb:

GhettoStar said:
you didnt say this though, if you had said it like that it would have appeared as an opinion not a statement of truth. I was just kidding don't go and pull the "it's my opinion why do you hate me" argument. But the facts speak for themselves. Those who know music knows that Prince SHITS on MJ. And oh yea I like MJ too, but he only had 2 really good CDs and barely did anything on them except sing and write a line or two....while Prince has had a whole catlogue of hit cds shit even his unreleased shit supposd to be better then his released.
Bit of a contradiction dont you think?, your saying this as if its fact when it is only an opinion. And you coming to the conclusion that my knowledge on music is questionable because i like MJs music
over Prince is just stupid.

Lets just leave it there lol iv had this argument one too many times and no one wins, i respect your opinion, respect mine.

Cant wait to hear this collab with 50 tho itll be hot.

Also a new michael album at the end on the year wow im deffinatly anticipating that!

3en said:
Good post lol im not gonna get into no argument over this cos its kinda like comparing apples and oranges, you respect my opinion and i respect yours.

Your not going to change my opinion, and im not gonna change yours. :thumb:

Bit of a contradiction dont you think?, your saying this as if its fact when it is only an opinion. And you coming to the conclusion that my knowledge on music is questionable because i like MJs music
over Prince is just stupid.

Lets just leave it there lol iv had this argument one too many times and no one wins, i respect your opinion, respect mine.

Cant wait to hear this collab with 50 tho itll be hot.

Also a new michael album at the end on the year wow im deffinatly anticipating that!

oh baby just chill. Besides as a musician myself thats what I meant. So :laugh:

Casey

Staff member
Update - It's possible that this news might be slightly premature and slightly made up. People are saying, that while the collab may be happening, no names have been decided for any tracks or mixtapes.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.