Mel-Man interview (explains Rakim & Dre's working relationship)

TOP DOGG said:
That is not Mel Man. Bill G stated it was from Dubcc which it is but it was posted by a guy called mellowman he has stated on numerous occasions that he works for aftermath but is not mel man. He has also said that he is gonna have to stop posting because of people taking his quotes and saying it is mel man like this post.
yes that would make sense to me since Mel Man left Aftermath, and started his own label with a couple other Aftermath people.

AmerikazMost

WayCide-Ridah said:
tight, tight.....

I want Detox
fuck that, i want Oh My God :(

all this time I been placing the blame solely on Dre when i should be blamin Jimmy I just as much. i feel him when he says how sad he is when he thinks of what might have been.

ah well, Rakim is recording again :)

shit i was hoping it was mel-man. along on aftermathmusic.com i think it was the producer, focus, who said that mel-man had signed back on as part of the aftermath production team

TCD

I watched this thing about the making of Marshall Mathers LP, it was bout how some of the songs came about, and how Em was feeling at the time. When Dre and Em thought the album was finished, Jimmy said a pop first single was missing. And they started talking about "a formula for a hit". Jimmy said he wanted the same type/formula of song as "My Name Is". "The real slim Shady" followed that route, as did "Without Me" and "Just Lose It".

Jimmy believes in a formula for a good album that obviously involves contraversy. Music is an art,not a Science.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
Ok, I need 5 dudes with me. We're gonna find this vault and steal everything - If any resistance, kill em....

TCD said:
I watched this thing about the making of Marshall Mathers LP, it was bout how some of the songs came about, and how Em was feeling at the time. When Dre and Em thought the album was finished, Jimmy said a pop first single was missing. And they started talking about "a formula for a hit". Jimmy said he wanted the same type/formula of song as "My Name Is". "The real slim Shady" followed that route, as did "Without Me" and "Just Lose It".

Jimmy believes in a formula for a good album that obviously involves contraversy. Music is an art,not a Science.

Interesting, idk if any of you ever checked out the Obie Trice cd, but I think this album flopped partly because of this formula your talkin about. uhh it just makes me so annoyed thinking about it.. The first (and only, to my knowledge) single was "got some teeth" and i think it is the worst song i have ever heard. It's a complete clown song, where he's trying to be funny and poppy and blah blah. IMO they would have been 10 times better off making the single "we all die one day" or Don't come down. Anyways, i hate the formula and i pray that eminem will cut the crap next album. Plus did anyone else want to pull their hair out when they found out Ass Like that was the new single?

Oh and yes, great read, thanks.

Me + Vault + Chocolate Milk + Lunchables = Paradise

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.