Mark Morrison is back!!

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Mark Morrison is back with a new album... Below are two tracks from the album... As a little taster for you. The album is to be called Just a man.

Mark Morrison Ft DMX - Innocent Man - New Track featuring DMX. Not very good IMO. But will probably do alright.

Mark Morrison - I'm Just a Man - I was playing this 2 years ago. It even had a video on the Music channels, but was rarely played. I've been told it will be on the new album. Which is strange. But I like it.

If you've never heard of Mark, here's a little bit about him below.

Mark Morrison was one of the most successful British urban R&B singers of the mid-'90s. His breakthrough single, "Return of the Mack," became a Top Ten hit across Europe in

1996, and opened the U.S. market for him the following year. Although he became a commercial success nearly overnight, his career was plagued by run-ins with the law that prevented him from consolidating his position as a star.

This persuaded Death Row UK to sign him to their label, because they needed more criminal stars. He was their first UK signing, and I think he was their only signing. Before they went quiet like their US partner.

Ironically Mark would never have became a music artists if it wasn't for prison. He decided to become a vocalist in 1995 while serving a three-month sentence for causing an incident at a club. Following his release, he entered the studio with a production team. In the fall of 1995, he released "Crazy," which became a club favorite and a Top 20 hit in Britain. It was followed in the spring of 1996 by "Return of the Mack," which became a smash hit, spending two weeks at number one on the U.K. charts; he became the first black male solo artist to reach number one in the '90s. Morrison's debut album, also titled Return of the Mack, followed and peaked at number four. "Let's Get Down," his third single, reached the Top 40 that summer.

The Mack was constantly in trouble. Allegations of sexual abuse, and many other violent crimes. Even crimes for theft and robbery, which is weird considering he must have been minted at the time. He was finally arrested for trying to bring a stun gun onto a plane. He was convicted and sent to jail in early 1997. Around the same time, he received four Brit Award nominations (he didn't win any), and "Return of the Mack" began to climb its way to number two on the American charts.

Anyways... He's back with a new album. Those 2 tracks above are on it... Enjoy.

Casey

Staff member
I heard these tracks over a year and a half ago. He signed with that football player's label, there were posters everywhere for his album, then he left that label and the album didn't come out.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
^^ Yeah I remember... I think.

I'm not sure who he is with at the moment. Thought I'd try and give him a bit of free promo.

Pittsey said:
Mark Morrison is back with a new album... Below are two tracks from the album... As a little taster for you. The album is to be called Just a man.

Mark Morrison Ft DMX - Innocent Man - New Track featuring DMX. Not very good IMO. But will probably do alright.

Mark Morrison - I'm Just a Man - I was playing this 2 years ago. It even had a video on the Music channels, but was rarely played. I've been told it will be on the new album. Which is strange. But I like it.

If you've never heard of Mark, here's a little bit about him below.

Mark Morrison was one of the most successful British urban R&B singers of the mid-'90s. His breakthrough single, "Return of the Mack," became a Top Ten hit across Europe in

1996, and opened the U.S. market for him the following year. Although he became a commercial success nearly overnight, his career was plagued by run-ins with the law that prevented him from consolidating his position as a star.

This persuaded Death Row UK to sign him to their label, because they needed more criminal stars. He was their first UK signing, and I think he was their only signing. Before they went quiet like their US partner.

Ironically Mark would never have became a music artists if it wasn't for prison. He decided to become a vocalist in 1995 while serving a three-month sentence for causing an incident at a club. Following his release, he entered the studio with a production team. In the fall of 1995, he released "Crazy," which became a club favorite and a Top 20 hit in Britain. It was followed in the spring of 1996 by "Return of the Mack," which became a smash hit, spending two weeks at number one on the U.K. charts; he became the first black male solo artist to reach number one in the '90s. Morrison's debut album, also titled Return of the Mack, followed and peaked at number four. "Let's Get Down," his third single, reached the Top 40 that summer.

The Mack was constantly in trouble. Allegations of sexual abuse, and many other violent crimes. Even crimes for theft and robbery, which is weird considering he must have been minted at the time. He was finally arrested for trying to bring a stun gun onto a plane. He was convicted and sent to jail in early 1997. Around the same time, he received four Brit Award nominations (he didn't win any), and "Return of the Mack" began to climb its way to number two on the American charts.

Anyways... He's back with a new album. Those 2 tracks above are on it... Enjoy.
Didn't he sign with Deathrow?
Is this new cd on tha row or what???

Nick

That track Innocent Man was on the Death Row UK promo that was on the net years ago, but it's alot better now with the verse from DMX.

Shot 21

Lmao I had this album over a year ago. It aint new. But still thanks for promoting him. I got love for Mark Morrsion because he reps the same city as me: LEICESTER!!!!!!!! My Auntie even dated him for a while. So I will help with promotion: As well as DMX, the album also features collaborations with Daz Dillinger, Tray Dee, Adina Howard, Elephant Man and Gabrielle! The album is entitled Innocent Man.

1 Love

Cooper

Shot 21 said:
Lmao I had this album over a year ago. It aint new. But still thanks for promoting him. I got love for Mark Morrsion because he reps the same city as me: LEICESTER!!!!!!!! My Auntie even dated him for a while. So I will help with promotion: As well as DMX, the album also features collaborations with Daz Dillinger, Tray Dee, Adina Howard, Elephant Man and Gabrielle! The album is entitled Innocent Man.

1 Love
I'm guessing the Tray Dee/Daz one is Blackstabbers, which is years old :)

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.