List your 3 'Classic' rap songs

jasedwads

On probation, please report any break in the guidl
List your 3 'Classic' rap songs (Discussion in here)

List your 3 'Classic' rap songs and the artists.

So then the person who next replies must coment on what the person above said, like if he/she agrees with there list etc. And why you dont agree etc.

Then that person post your three 'classic' rap songs, and also comment on the above persons choice.

Really I want to see what peoples choices are, and what songs people thing are 'classic'. What makes theses songs a cut above the rest.

And use three different artists, not just the same artist.

Ok,

1. 2 Pac - Unconditional Love

This song means a lot to me, a great song, very emotional. The quality of this song is amazing, everything about this song is at the highest level. And its pac pouring his heart out and showing his true feelings, not many rappers do that.

2. Immortal Technique - You Never Know

Lyrics are good, I think its a basic structure then it gets better and better. Very meaningful, its a fantasy. I am sure a lot of fellas on this board can relate to it, when having had the best girl ever then u lost her for sum reason. Jean is great on the hook, nice to hear that sexy soft voice, and the part when they read the letter , and you hear her voice a long with techniques, thats very deep.

3. DMX - Slippin

This track I thinks got classic status, because its so deep, the beat is eerie, but its cool. I just like chillin out to this song every now and then. Nuff said.

1. agreed - one of 'pac's best songs. him doing what he does best. very heartfelt & vivid imagery.."cos i was born without a silver spoon, my broken down tv show cartoons in my living room"..

2. hmm, the only IT track i like. i'm gonna have to disagree on classic status, though. just gets a bit boring. i dislike his voice and flow, but at least on this song he isn't just rapping long, boring, pointless similes every 2nd line bragging about how good he is. and the hook is nice.

3. disagree. i've never liked DMX, and this song is no different. don't like his voice, don't like his flow, and i can think of 50 other MC's who could rip this beat a lot better than X. the little yells and "what!"'s and "come on!"'s in the background do not help either.

my choices:

1. pete rock & cl smooth "t.r.o.y."
2. souls of mischief "93 til infinity"
3. outkast "13th floor / growing old"

pete rock & cl smooth : i would have to agree that's definitly on classic status cuz i know me and everybody i know loved that song

souls of mischief: also another classic shit like that never gets played out

outkast: no comment cuz i never heard the song so i'll reply on jasedwad's 2pac choice don't get me wrong i love that song and i'll probaly never get tired of it cuz i can relate to so much of what he said in it but as far as a classic i would have to say no...cuz it didn't get airplay unlike his other classics such as "dear mama", "keep ya head up", "brenda's got a baby" etc. which leads me to my three picks

1.)2pac "dear mama"
2.)Marvin Gaye "let's get it on" or "sexual healing"
3.)Mike Jackson "billy jean"

jasedwads

On probation, please report any break in the guidl
^^^

1. Dear Mama - I also think this is a classic, its really deep, and very open. Its a song that most people could relate to, its so pure, and its such a good listen.

2. Marvin Gaye - Sexuual Healing - I cannot agree with you that this is a classic, I find it hard to listen to oldish music, so thats why. It's a good song never the less.

3. Billy Jean - I am and never have been a fan of Mike Jackson, but i guess he has got sum catchy tunes. Its alrite I gues.

My next three choices

1. 2 Pac - Brendas Got a Baby - A really deep song,the start of tupacs career got kicked of with this, so this has classic status.

2. Immortal Technique - Dance With The Devil - This is classic, its a brillient concept, a deep song, with the deep beat, the lyrics are good, the delivery is brutel. This is a song every body should hear.

3. Coolio - Gangsters Paradise - Thi song takes me back to the old days, when this was my first ever CD i bought. I just loved tis track, and it still gets a lot of love from every body now, even on commercial radio.

brenda's got a baby is nice yeah...i agree

dance with the devil is ok but not deep its harsh and thats all..

coolio damn bro thats his only hit and its a classic...

Big L Ebonics

jay n big - brooklyns finest

bob marley no woman no cry

ebonics :real undergorund classic
brooklyns finest:good song not one of biggie best songs but good
no woman no cry:classic reggae song

mine r

Sugar hill gang rappers delight
2pac cali luv
nwa fuck the police

yukmoney1127 said:
1.dear Mama-2pac
2.i Swear-all 4 One
3.hotel Kalifornia-bob Marley
K,

1. Dear Mama - a good Tupac tune, I like this choice.

2. I swear - Ok tune, not to my taste tho.

3. Hotel Kalifornia - again very good choice, a good reggae song.

Heres mine...

1. Unconditional Love - Tupac
2. Can't help falling in love - UB40
3. Redemption Song - Bob Marley

unconditional love is the only classic one imo. the other 2 are radio hits that i dont believe should be classic

my three

mc eiht- straight up menace
kurupt feat. daz- on da grind
outkast-babylon

ok then seeing as my last 2 were said not to be classics Ill post another 2 that I believe to be "classics"...

2. I wonder if heaven got a Ghetto - Tupac
3. To Zion - Lauryn Hill -

what the fuck is wrong with you people?

some of you people are dumb as fuck, seriously. if you read the first post you would know that you have to comment on the above poster's 3 choices first, THEN you can post your own bullshit choices.

also, it IS a rap forum, so wouldn't it occur to you to post RAP songs, and not any other genres. ain't that just common sense?

ALSO, why the fuck are people repeating songs? this isn't a "what are your 3 favourite songs?" post. if a songs already been commented on, isn't it just common sense that you don't mention that song again? i guess not...

also, instead of just naming 3 2pac songs, why don't you try and add a bit of variety to your choices. come on, people.

it really isn't that hard - just comment on the above poster's choices, name 3 rap songs that you think are classics and the next person will comment on 'em.

why ruin a perfectly good thread by posting some bullshit? use your damn heads.

peace.

1.Hell for a hustler- mint 2pac track, not his best tho
2.Made niggaz- like it, not one of my essential tracks tho
3.Real Muthafuckin gs- if we cudda picked 10 instead of 3 this wudda been in my list, eazy kills dre.

1. How long will they Mourn Me?
2. More Money More Problems/juicy (sorry couldnt pick between the two)
3. Staring at the world through my rearview

1.Average song, dont really like it
2.Both great tracks showing why Biggie was one of the best
3.I Love this song, one of my favourite pac songs.

Mines are:

Ice Cube - It was a good day
Dr Dre - Lil ghetto boy
Dj Quik - Summerbreeze

1. definately classic song, my fav by cube
2. also a very very good song, not my fav dre track tho
3. amazing track! wonderful all around

mine:
mc eiht- straight up menace
kurupt feat. daz- on da grind
outkast- babylon

Nex

1. don remember it.
2. pretty nice.
3. avg to me.

mine.
1. pac - unconditional love, dear mama, & brenda's got a baby - all 3.
2. snoop - Murder Was The Case - the beat is hard.
3. Eric B. and Rakim - Paid in Full - influenced the new gen.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.