^^^^
1. amazing song!
2. average canibus imo
3.not one of my favs by nas

mine...
cormega- 62 pickup
masta ace- h.o.o.d.
kanye west feat. freeway and mos def- two words
1. Bad sample, Mega doesn't sound natural and the lyrics are boring and unoriginal. It's good, despite all of that. Not classic.

2. Ace flows well, his lyrics are just above average and the beat is nice, but the sample is again very uninspiring. The hook is cliche as well. Not classic.

3. Fresh concept, all artists delivered and the sample was fantastic. It's a very good song but it gets fast quick. Not classic.

My Classics

1. Jay-Z - Regrets

2. Outkast - Da Art Of Storytellin' (Part 1)

3. Black Star ft. Common - Respiration

^^^^^^

1. Jay-Z - Regrets - good Jay track, but i like Song Cry even more

2. Outkast - Da Art Of Storytellin' (Part 1) i have never been a huge outkast fan, that being said i really can't comment on something i have only heard 1 or 2 times long ago

3. Black Star ft. Common - Respiration i was looking at my black star cd when i was making my list, but then i felt i should use songs that popped in my head since it is 3 fave

these are mine

1. lord knows - Pac, he just hit me with this and made me feel every word, i know he does this with a lot of songs, but this is my personal favorite and this list is "your 3 Classic rap songs"

2. victory - biggie just rips this song to shreds

3. nuthin but a g thing- just a classic record, this made all other producers say "shit, what can i do to top that?"

2pac - Lord Knows - can't argue with that, amazing message...
Biggie - Victory - great song...don't know if its a classic
Dre - Nothin but a G thang - One of best songs ever made...

Mine

1. 2pac - If I Die 2nite. Lyricism, delivery, message - its all there, IMO the most poetic rap song ever made. Should be at the top of everyone's list
2. Mobb Deep - Shook Ones Pt. II. As soon as you hear the beat you know its on. Fucking love this song,
3. Luniz - I got 5 On it. Gotta luv this song...same thing, soon as you hear the beat you know its on

1) Great song and one of Pac's most lyrical. A definite classic.

2) The first Mobb Deep song which I really liked. Massive hit back in the day, even though I'm not a big fan, a surefire classic nonetheless.

3) Again can't really argue with this. Who dosen't stick this on when sparking up?

My choices:

1) Dollaz & Sense - DJ Quik

2) Death Around the Corner - 2Pac

3) Juice - Rakim

txbarrebaby said:
1. 2pac - If I Die 2nite. Lyricism, delivery, message - its all there, IMO the most poetic rap song ever made. Should be at the top of everyone's list
2. Mobb Deep - Shook Ones Pt. II. As soon as you hear the beat you know its on. Fucking love this song,
3. Luniz - I got 5 On it. Gotta luv this song...same thing, soon as you hear the beat you know its on
1. Poetry it is but it's not the best hip-hop has to offer. Infact it's quite low in the list, perhaps not even in the top 50. Classic.

2. Catchy lyrics, classic beat. I'll give this song classic status JUST because Havoc is a part of the duo, if he was not I'd probably say this song was 'very good' at the most.

3. Crap lyrics, fresh beat and nice use of the sample. It's a popular song but honestly it's a poor example to hip-hop.

More Classics:

1. Common ft. Cee-Lo - G.O.D. (Gaining One's Definition)

2. Killah Priest - B.I.B.L.E (Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth)

3. A Tribe Called Quest - Award Tour

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.