Linx's Old School Hip Hop Thread.

linx

Staff member
Forget the whole "Old School" saying then, jesus. It's old. How's that? Like I said, I didn't post anything after like 93. That's damn near 15 years from now. Old enough if you ask me. Some of that shit I posted id "Old School" and some of it is just "Older". Much older. We all know about the "golden age" ish.

Preach

i'll drop my two cents on the old school debate as i am incredibly bored at the moment.

the term "old school" is relative. a lot of people don't realize this, but our generation is sort of special in that a LOT of stuff has happened that has revolutionized society. for some reason we look at what older generations have been calling "old school" for years and we called it "old school" too. and it is, but the thing is that when people started calling 80s shit old school it wasn't a lot older than 15 years, so per definition anything that's around as old as that is old school to us. but instead we have "old school" which is pre-90s, the "golden era" that is the 90s, and now we have the new shit that is post-2000.

why this is i don't know, but i agree that the shit linx posted can be called old school.

that said, i never were able to get the biggie and oc demo tapes and i bet they are down by now. any chance for a re-up? ;)

linx

Staff member
^ Unfortunately, I didn't upload all the shit myself. So I can't re-up everything for you. I'd like to keep this thread going though if there's enough people interested. There will always be new links here regardless of how long others may last. Know what I mean?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.