Lil' Wayne's "Shooter"; What The Fuck Am I Missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the album first leaked and people gave their opinions on here, many spoke highly of the track "Shooter", to the point that I really wanted to hear it. And that is very rare, because I usually don't take other people's opinion into consideration when it comes to me coppin' a album because my taste is quite different from most. But for a change, I really wanted to hear this song. So being the late-bloomer that I am lol, I just copped the album last night. I listened to "Shooter", and I was severly disappointed. I don't see what's the big deal. Does anyone feel the same? If not, try to point out what I'm missing. Maybe the song'll just have to grow on me.

eastcoast dickryders,groupies,and followers opinion.it's my least fav on the album.i skipp past it constantly.it's the machine pumpin minds into believen it's a classic track.that sounds garbage compared to what weezy can do.matter fact i didnt even like this album sounded too east coast.

^^^^ personally I think Lil Wayne is garbage as far as any music he's put out...can't stand him and everybody saying he's the best rapper from the south...I pray for the followers of lil weezy who believe he is the messiah n' savior of southern rap...

ARon

Shooter is a nice track, does it matter if it sounds east,west, or south. Enjoy any kind of music. For Lil' Wayne to do this track shows that he is growing as an artist. This is something you'd expect from a Common of some sorts. It is different and I think it just has to grow on people. I enjoy it a lot, I'm glad he did this, the singing, th beat, what Weezy says.
"To the radio stations, Im tired of being patient
stop being rapper racist, region haters
spectators, dictators, behind door dick takers its outrageos
you dont know how sick you makes us
I wanna throw up like chips in vegas
but this is southern face it, if we too simple then yall dont get the basics."

This song is good, plain and simple. It might not be hard, or whatever cliche shit is out right now but this is good music, appreciate it,appreciate the fact a rapper is trying something different and it is good.

Aristotle said:
Shooter is a nice track, does it matter if it sounds east,west, or south. Enjoy any kind of music. For Lil' Wayne to do this track shows that he is growing as an artist. This is something you'd expect from a Common of some sorts. It is different and I think it just has to grow on people. I enjoy it a lot, I'm glad he did this, the singing, th beat, what Weezy says.
"To the radio stations, Im tired of being patient
stop being rapper racist, region haters
spectators, dictators, behind door dick takers its outrageos
you dont know how sick you makes us
I wanna throw up like chips in vegas
but this is southern face it, if we too simple then yall dont get the basics."

This song is good, plain and simple. It might not be hard, or whatever cliche shit is out right now but this is good music, appreciate it,appreciate the fact a rapper is trying something different and it is good.
but none of his beats on his album sound southern but 2.it's like he's trying to cater to the eastcoast since he didnt get to sign with jay.just like games album.not enough of his own flavor but if you like it keep rockin it and fuck wat i say.:thumb:

Freedom Froggy

LAZARU$ said:
but none of his beats on his album sound southern but 2.it's like he's trying to cater to the eastcoast since he didnt get to sign with jay.just like games album.not enough of his own flavor but if you like it keep rockin it and fuck wat i say.:thumb:
there are no southern beats on the album because mannie fresh left cashmoney.. which is why the carter 1 and carter 2 are tottally opposite of each other... and they both are close to classics

FrOgStRaDaMuS said:
there are no southern beats on the album because mannie fresh left cashmoney.. which is why the carter 1 and carter 2 are tottally opposite of each other... and they both are close to classics
i was thinkin the same thing.
as far as carter 2 close to classic i don't know imo.i keep listening to it everyday to try and feel something,but the more i listen the more i realise this nigga ain't rappin about nothing.he more like freestylin wit no content.subject matter gets changed very quickly.

Basically you had high expectations for the song "Shooter". You probably expected it to be the hottest hip hop song ever. You probably thought it would be the next "Notorious Thugz" or "Ambitionz Az A Ridah". When you listen to people on the internet giving out good reviews, you'll always get some type of high expectations when it comes to music, but the thing is if you heard the song without reading anybody's comments on it, I think you would've probably liked it or appreciated it. The problem is you went into the song with very high expectations and it wasn't as high as you thought it would be as much as internet people praised it out to be.

Imo the album isn't all that great. It sorts of reminds me of Jay-Z's dynasty album or something along the lines from rocafella, but the song is a standout song or highlight of the album due to the chorus/hook.

You've also got to remember people's taste. Most of the people on the internet, especially here on streethop wants to make themselves out to be some type of music critique expert and want to be technical with judging everything. I think it's safe to say most people here listen to music as critics as opposed to just being a fan and liking the music created.

For example, an ordinary person from the streets will say all eyes on me is hot from top to bottom and won't pick any bones about it. Some guy on the internet will pick at any short fault and say something like I didn't really like aeom, it had too many fillers and guest appearances, as opposed to saying it was a good/decent/great album.

So my point is when it comes to little wayne's album, tsomeone will probably judge it by the lyrics and the hook only. Even if the beats are garbage, someone will come in here and say, CLASSIC.

The point is don't listen to anyone's opinion on the internet before going into an album or song. At times, forum members can be helpful with reviews, but sometimes they get too technical with music that they become no longer fans and are more like critics as they try to find a fault about everything. Just download it and make sure you like it before you buy it or something.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Maybe not a classic, but a fucking quality album.

And most of the better albums this year have come from the South.

I have 5 Wayne tracks on repeat at the moment. I'm not listening to anything else but the Carter Part II. We aren't all going to like the same music. Don't hate on people because they like it even if you don't.

And Regarding AEOM - Good album, far from classic. And IT DOES have too much filler. Anyone who likes it top to bottom blindly listens to music from 2pac. I don't like ANY album all the way through. Even albums that are definate classics for example Doggystyle, has tracks that I skip.

And Regarding AEOM - Good album, far from classic. And IT DOES have too much filler. Anyone who likes it top to bottom blindly listens to music from 2pac. I don't like ANY album all the way through. Even albums that are definate classics for example Doggystyle, has tracks that I skip.
You are a perfect example of what I said in my earlier posts. You are not a music fan, you are a critic. You seem like the type of person that listens to music just to find faults that you can pick at. There are about millions of people that can listen to aeom from top to bottom, you are critic. Whether or not if the album has "filler" songs in your opinion that were rushed on the album, skipped on the album, threw on the album or whatever, it all added up to the album being a classic and being highly regarded. Even plenty of rappers see it as a classic-Ask The Game or Young Jeezy.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Hituup said:
You are a perfect example of what I said in my earlier posts. You are not a music fan, you are a critic. You seem like the type of person that listens to music just to find faults that you can pick at. There are about millions of people that can listen to aeom from top to bottom, you are critic. Whether or not if the album has "filler" songs in your opinion that were rushed on the album, skipped on the album, threw on the album or whatever, it all added up to the album being a classic and being highly regarded. Even plenty of rappers see it as a classic-Ask The Game or Young Jeezy.

Are music fans not critics? I don't pick faults out of music, I'm just honest, people who blindly listen to an artist are the 1's who have problems.

It is NOT classic. Who says it's a classic? Look for reviews on it, no-one has ever labelled it a classic, except dickriders.

And I wouldn't take Games or Jeezys opinions on board, they are like many Pac fans, they only see the 1 dimensional gangsta persona 2pac and they celebrate it no matter the quality of the music.

Even 2pac himself said AEOM wasn't that great an album. DSo you not take the word of the man himself?

Pittsey said:
Are music fans not critics? I don't pick faults out of music, I'm just honest, people who blindly listen to an artist are the 1's who have problems.

It is NOT classic. Who says it's a classic? Look for reviews on it, no-one has ever labelled it a classic, except dickriders.

And I wouldn't take Games or Jeezys opinions on board, they are like many Pac fans, they only see the 1 dimensional gangsta persona 2pac and they celebrate it no matter the quality of the music.

Even 2pac himself said AEOM wasn't that great an album. DSo you not take the word of the man himself?
2Pac "Tatoo Tearz"- "You Niggaz Heard All Eyez On Me, Pac Put It Down Like That." I think Pac was pretty pleased with the album if you ask me. I bet if he was alive today and that album was brought up, he probably wouldn't say the same shit.

Over 88% of people I've came across from the internet & streets combined all have said aeom was a classic. I think the majority of peoples opinions overide what a short percentage and what some reviewers have to say.

You are what I call a "Crowd Follower". Once a certain amount of people say certain things, you go according. It's only guys that claim to be hardcore pac fans or people on this site that come up with this technical bullshit like the album had "filler". Next thing you know 20 members are saying it, then 100 members, then it starts spreading over the internet. And then another person says "What's Your Phone Number" was trash and Makaveli was a better album and then a whole crowd will follow behind. "Crowd Follower's" follow what others say and so far you aren't doing anything different from that because you are saying the same shit these e-net smart marks say.

Reviews, magazines, expert opinions, or whatever-All those things mentioned are other people's opinion. If the source didn't give Illmatic 5 mics-Would that still mean it isn't classic?

Although Jeezy & Game are also people with opinions, they are also in the field of rap and if they say something is a classic, I'd believe them more than some kids on the internet who just skim through music that those artists create just to critique.

ARon

Doesnt a follower follow the crowd and not the minority. So wouldnt you be a follower if you were just riding the ones saying it is a classic.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Hituup said:
2Pac "Tatoo Tearz"- "You Niggaz Heard All Eyez On Me, Pac Put It Down Like That." I think Pac was pretty pleased with the album if you ask me. I bet if he was alive today and that album was brought up, he probably wouldn't say the same shit.

Over 88% of people I've came across from the internet & streets combined all have said aeom was a classic. I think the majority of peoples opinions overide what a short percentage and what some reviewers have to say.

You are what I call a "Crowd Follower". Once a certain amount of people say certain things, you go according. It's only guys that claim to be hardcore pac fans or people on this site that come up with this technical bullshit like the album had "filler". Next thing you know 20 members are saying it, then 100 members, then it starts spreading over the internet. And then another person says "What's Your Phone Number" was trash and Makaveli was a better album and then a whole crowd will follow behind. "Crowd Follower's" follow what others say and so far you aren't doing anything different from that because you are saying the same shit these e-net smart marks say.

Reviews, magazines, expert opinions, or whatever-All those things mentioned are other people's opinion. If the source didn't give Illmatic 5 mics-Would that still mean it isn't classic?

Although Jeezy & Game are also people with opinions, they are also in the field of rap and if they say something is a classic, I'd believe them more than some kids on the internet who just skim through music that those artists create just to critique.

I'm not a crowd follower, you are the 1 who mentioned other people who call it classic. Did I bring anyone else up, besides Tupac?

And you say you THINK Tupac would be pretty happy with it. Well he actually said "I know it wasn't that good", So that theory of yours is shut down. I'm not going to argue anymore, your username alone tells me all I need to know.

And Makaveli is a better album, And MATW is a better album than that. Infact I can't think of any worse albums from 2pac, not while he was living. It has some good party songs, probably about 8, but it isn't a very deep or well written album. It is 1 dimensional, it's what 50 Cent does now.

I'm not a crowd follower, you are the 1 who mentioned other people who call it classic. Did I bring anyone else up, besides Tupac?
If I'm not mistaken you said reviewers. Reviewers may not be a particular person or persons, but you still referred to what "reviewers" reviewed the album by.

And you say you THINK Tupac would be pretty happy with it. Well he actually said "I know it wasn't that good", So that theory of yours is shut down. I'm not going to argue anymore, your username alone tells me all I need to know.
Pac also said he knows he's not the best rapper or anything like that also. How many will agree with that statement today? 2Pac had his own way of judging himself, it doesn't mean his judgement on himself or on his works can override what millions and millions who follow him and buy his music say about him or his work. If he said his acting in Juice was mediocre, you wouldn't like the movie that much either, correct?

Good way for you to try to take stabs at me. But don't sit up here and act like you are less of a Pac fan and try to make me out to be some obsessed maniac when you spend almost everyday if not everyday talking about 2Pac in his section. Look at your post count for crying out loud.

And Makaveli is a better album, And MATW is a better album than that. Infact I can't think of any worse albums from 2pac, not while he was living. It has some good party songs, probably about 8, but it isn't a very deep or well written album. It is 1 dimensional, it's what 50 Cent does now.
It's what 50 Cent does. Let me guess a 50 Hater who absolutely hated the Massacre to the core with a passion. You look like a crowd follower alright.

What you seem to be saying is that an album that is 1 dimensional in your opinion is not a classic. Let me know who made a rule about an album suppose to have about 50 dimensions in order to be considered a classic? Are you trying to tell me music from th 1970's with all love songs can't be considered a classic because there are no socially impacted songs? Are you also saying that Illmatic can't be considered a classic because the album consisted of a certain type of mood and had no party records? I think your definition of classic may be a bit screwed up.

Imo, the album set out to do what it was set out to do by being a more upbeat album. I don't think having the album filled with more song like "Fucking Wit The Wrong Nigga" and "Who Do You Belive Ins" would've helped bring that tone.

STRAIGHT CLASSIC.

You can take your tecnical judgements-2Pac Guru-Mr. No It All nonsense attitude out of here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.